Pro-Piracy Act of 2009

salithus

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I ever said that.

What I said was that if someone has people negotiating for peace and then they reject a peace offer with an act of aggression they cannot reasonably expect that peace offer to still stand.

This is not complicated,so repeat slowly after me:

He. Attacked. During. Negotiations. With an Outstanding. Peace. Offer.

Is that really so hard to wrap your head around?

No one in this thread has done that, but I appreciate the sentiment. When you want to discuss what actually happened, you're welcome to, but we know how much trouble you have sticking to the issue and not concocting imaginary situations.

All 3 of you need to get your story straight. Here's what was said:

you missed out several links in the chain there. It wasn't attack -> CMs. It was attack -> peace offer -> CMs. Firing cruise missiles when peace has been offered is a fairly clear indication that you don't want it.

That's what people replied to, that's what they quoted, and thats what you're changing. Stop getting your panties in a knot when one of your members (.gov?) says something retarded and gets called out.

All 3 of you need to get your story straight. Here's what was said:

That's what people replied to, that's what they quoted, and thats what you're changing. Stop getting your panties in a knot when one of your members (.gov?) says something retarded and gets called out.

I don't see where they're contradicting each other's stories.

Lamuella said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

Sardonic said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

salithus said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

You're so lost in rage towards our organization that you're grasping for non-existent straws to use against us. Pathetic.

All 3 of you need to get your story straight.

I think before telling people to get their stories straight you should probably read the aforementioned stories. Then again, you did have 50/50 odds that each would say something different. Guess you lost the gamble?

Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but looks like new GOONS are incredibly naive.

Nations with active wars fighting CMs near the end of the war is not only not cause for ZI-listing someone, it's amazingly common. The normal response is to reduce the amount of reps paid by the cost of the damage of the CMs.

I gotta wonder what would've happened if he'd nuked your guy after the settlement. Can't wait to hear some bawwing over that when it happens.

Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but looks like new GOONS are incredibly naive.

Nations with active wars fighting CMs near the end of the war is not only not cause for ZI-listing someone, it's amazingly common. The normal response is to reduce the amount of reps paid by the cost of the damage of the CMs.

I gotta wonder what would've happened if he'd nuked your guy after the settlement. Can't wait to hear some bawwing over that when it happens.

And now everyone should hopefully know we do not appreciate it as it spoils the enjoyment of tech raiding......... :P

Public opinion is a mysterious and invisible power, to which everything must yield. There is nothing more fickle, more vague, or more powerful; yet capricious as it is, it is nevertheless much more often true, reasonable, and just, than we imagine.

Nizzle, it seems the Goons have decided your above quote can be thrown in the trash can or ignored.

Nizzle, it seems the Goons have decided your above quote can be thrown in the trash can or ignored.

There isn't really much of a clear opinion here other than confusion over what is "acceptable" in a tech raid. Well, that I can see anyway. Regardless, the quote is from the first antichrist. Many would disregard it based on that alone. :lol1:

This is not complicated,so repeat slowly after me:

He. Attacked. During. Negotiations. With an Outstanding. Peace. Offer.

Is that really so hard to wrap your head around?

I will only use one quote, because, as we've all see, all GOONS members like to shovel the same crap over and over. Mind you reading my first post would indicate that all of these responses are nothing but veiled lies. Since GOONS apparently can't remember what actually happened (hell the one guy admitted to not knowing the situation since he had yet to even see the logs of the conversation). Here's what happened. GOONS raids a nation. GOON guy offers peace, guy being raided says "now why would I let you off for attacking me?" an proceeds to fire CMs back at GOONS guy. A recruiter notices the war and offers to help the nation being raided get peace if he applies to join the Lodge. Said application is then posted, our MoFA then goes to talk to GOONS .gov and gets a guy who admits that he's no longer .gov but is still apparently more than eager to make demands of another alliance with all his pals snickering in the corner.

Now, if GOONS would like to change their time-line to reflect actual history that would be good. I also don't think GOONS understand that we checked to make sure that the CMs were fired off before we went in to talk. Otherwise the situation would have been different and would have been handled differently.

I don't see where they're contradicting each other's stories.

Lamuella said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

Sardonic said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

salithus said a peace offer was answered with CM's.

You're so lost in rage towards our organization that you're grasping for non-existent straws to use against us. Pathetic.

Lamuella added that there was some sort of 3rd party involved in peace negotiations.

Sardonic alluded to more negotiations but didn't mention if it was just that peace offer, or if there was a 3rd party involved.

Salithus said the entire story in the first place was Bob's Janova's imagination when he laughed at you guys for crapping your pants when someone shot back a CM.

Now you simplify all 3 into "peace offer was answered with CM's", and you're either the biggest cry babies when it comes to not getting your way, or you're playing dumb.

Lamuella added that there was some sort of 3rd party involved in peace negotiations.

Sardonic alluded to more negotiations but didn't mention if it was just that peace offer, or if there was a 3rd party involved.

Salithus said the entire story in the first place was Bob's Janova's imagination when he laughed at you guys for crapping your pants when someone shot back a CM.

Now you simplify all 3 into "peace offer was answered with CM's", and you're either the biggest cry babies when it comes to not getting your way, or you're playing dumb.

Simplification was a last-ditch effort to provide you information you might be able to grasp. I see you've failed, yet again. :(

The 3rd party involvement situation and the CM situation were two different events that occurred during the same tech raid. Lamuella's reference to the 'people negotiating peace' thing was IN CHARACTER, as is expected in this thread. A peace offer sent means people have left your nation and have started negotiating peace.

What you're thinking he's referring to is when we had a GLoF person tell one of our nations to lay off the offending nation because he had been accepted into their alliance.

Ya get it yet, buddy? Gee, sure hope so. :)

*edit for proper alliance tag.

Edited by nippy

clarification: I speak for drunken state only and not the Mason's as a whole

history is past I dont care.

masons typically dont accept appliants with active war slots..........we do request attackers cease.

the situation was handled poorly by a non-gov member..........but treating our MoFA with disrepect and rudeness is just assine.

let me be clear:

Mason's dont wet ourselves over threatened ifra.

Attack a Mason nation or one of our allies and burn.

Ask anyone around planet bob that knows us.

Wounds heal.

Chicks dig scars.

Glory lasts forever.

Thank you,

CtG

In what universe do you live where it is considered decorum to fire CMs at somebody who has made a peace offer as requested by people negotiating on behalf of the attacked nation? And of course our member attacked him "unprovoked" he was an unaligned, a fit raid target. Had he just done the honorable thing and accepted the peace offer we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Had your member just done the "honorable" thing and not raided, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

masons typically dont accept appliants with active war slots..........we do request attackers cease.

the situation was handled poorly by a non-gov member..........but treating our MoFA with disrepect and rudeness is just assine.

let me be clear:

Wounds heal.

Chicks dig scars.

Glory lasts forever.

Thank you,

CtG

Commendable post. Where've you been all this thread's life? :wub:

I will only use one quote, because, as we've all see, all GOONS members like to shovel the same crap over and over. Mind you reading my first post would indicate that all of these responses are nothing but veiled lies. Since GOONS apparently can't remember what actually happened (hell the one guy admitted to not knowing the situation since he had yet to even see the logs of the conversation). Here's what happened. GOONS raids a nation. GOON guy offers peace, guy being raided says "now why would I let you off for attacking me?" an proceeds to fire CMs back at GOONS guy. A recruiter notices the war and offers to help the nation being raided get peace if he applies to join the Lodge. Said application is then posted, our MoFA then goes to talk to GOONS .gov and gets a guy who admits that he's no longer .gov but is still apparently more than eager to make demands of another alliance with all his pals snickering in the corner.

Alright so let's just go down the checklist here.

By your own admission you:

+Agree with the sentiment that it's okay to attack somebody who has agreed to peace out, effectively breaking a ceasefire just because the raided is due some sort of "recompense" for his trouble

+Specifically seek out unaligned nations being attacked by aligned nations for recruiting purposes, force the attacking nations to stop

+Accept nations into your ranks who are at war

+Don't have the common decency to wait until the war is over before injecting yourself into the situation

And yet somehow we're the bad guys in all this?

Had your member just done the "honorable" thing and not raided, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Cry me a river, it's not not like the unaligned are using the tech for anything important.

let me be clear:

Wounds heal.

Chicks dig scars.

Glory lasts forever.

Thank you,

CtG

Alright thank you, that was very illuminating.

Edited by Sardonic

Oh my, since when do I cry over spilt raids?

I used to raid in the old days, and I'm not all "HOLYDAMN TECH RAIDING IS ALL EVIL MKAY?!!?" Just saying, far be it for you to preach honor when you're the one actively encouraging raiding and helping raiders destroy innocent tech farms.

I used to raid in the old days, and I'm not all "HOLYDAMN TECH RAIDING IS ALL EVIL MKAY?!!?" Just saying, far be it for you to preach honor when you're the one actively encouraging raiding and helping raiders destroy innocent tech farms.

GOONS, preaching honor? What thread have you been reading? :lol1:

Tech raids are honor neutral in my eyes, much, much worse is the crime of breaking a ceasefire.

Unless you happen to be unaligned, I don't see why you would be complaining about this policy. And even then, you may as well save yourself the effort and not bother, 'cause it ain't gunna do much good. GOONS, I salute you. Keep on doing what you do best.

EDIT: Clarification

Edited by WorldConqueror

Unless you happen to be unaligned, I don't see why anyone would Unless you happen to be unaligned, I don't see why you would be complaining about this policy. And even then, you may as well save yourself the effort and not bother, 'cause it ain't gunna do much good. GOONS, I salute you. Keep on doing what you do best.

Thanks for the kind words, it truly is surprising all this fuss it has caused.

Edited by Sardonic