CNRP Map Thread and Rules

Elrich von Richt

Hi, Kovena here, I just registered my first nation on CN and I'm looking to start RPing here. I have to admit, I'm a bit lost from the massive size of the forum's RP section. I'm a former !@#$%* player, and done quite a lot of NS roleplay in my alliance forum.

I understand that I have to request a map spot ?here?, I was hoping for a position in the China's Manchurian coast, but I see there are no grey areas designated for new players, so I'll take whatever I can get. I wish to RP a small nation of Oriental background or as a protectorate of the PRC. Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Kovena here, I just registered my first nation on CN and I'm looking to start RPing here. I have to admit, I'm a bit lost from the massive size of the forum's RP section. I'm a former !@#$%* player, and done quite a lot of NS roleplay in my alliance forum.

I understand that I have to request a map spot ?here?, I was hoping for a position in the China's Manchurian coast, but I see there are no grey areas designated for new players, so I'll take whatever I can get. I wish to RP a small nation of Oriental background or as a protectorate of the PRC. Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread.

Well, there is a small AUP protectorate in Indonesia, and there is also a protectorate in Mongolia, although I'm not sure if you can take all of it. I'm too lazy ot check your SoI :P

Hello, Kovena. Good to meet you. You started off in the right place by coming here and admitting that you were a bit lost. The community is pretty harsh on new players, especially those who are too stubborn to ask for help or guidance.

If you are unable to get your Oriental/PRC protectorate nation, I'm always open to giving land to new RPers. Good luck.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=362193

^This is my SoI for my CN nation. Is it alright if I take the area of Vietnam? Also, does the society of my nation have to reflect exactly upon its geography? I'm a little rusty on Vietnamese culture and history.

PS: Thanks for the offer KingChris, I might take on your offer in Indonesia if I can't get the Vietnam position.

To put it simply, no.

Sargun, be nice. Don't scare off the new RP'ers.

Anyway, to answer your question, Kovena, no, you're only allowed to make an initial claim that is equal to or less than your area of influence ingame.

At the size you are right now, you'd probably only be allowed to claim a city and a bit of the land around it to start with, though after that if you properly RP it out, you can obtain more land.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=362193

^This is my SoI for my CN nation. Is it alright if I take the area of Vietnam? Also, does the society of my nation have to reflect exactly upon its geography? I'm a little rusty on Vietnamese culture and history.

PS: Thanks for the offer KingChris, I might take on your offer in Indonesia if I can't get the Vietnam position.

Acca Dacca is probably gonna refuse, since Viet Nam constitutes most of his coastline. And it's not my protectorate, you have to speak to the AUP for that. But if you do get the Viet Nam request, just come to me for advice. Viet dude right here! ^_^

At the size you are right now, you'd probably only be allowed to claim a city and a bit of the land around it to start with, though after that if you properly RP it out, you can obtain more land.

With my SoI I guess I'll have to start of with a city district. Who's the current owner of PRC right now?

Why are you answering as if I asked the question Sargun? Really, sometimes I don;t understand you.

And no, Kovena, the society of your nation does not have to reflect exactly upon its geography. For example, Emperor Mudd RP's an Irish-based Nation along the west coast of the USA.

^Lol

Just realized I was looking at the old beta map... anyone got a link to the most updated one?

This post on page eleven of this topic is the most recent, though it's still not completely up-to-date.

For further changes, you'd have to read the rest of the posts since then.

If you use someone's name when giving an answer, you're usually talking to them.

What the $%&@ are you smoking? Kovena asked a question, I gave him (her?) an answer.

You had nothing to do with it until you made yourself the subject of the answer. I didn't even use your name until you completely interjected yourself into it.

Edited by Sargun

I dunno...it seemed like you were just telling me no. What do you expect me to think when you use MY NAME, Sargun?

I didn't use your name, subtle..

X: Am I forced to do this?

Y: No

Z: Stop being so mean to X!

Y: But I gave him the correct answer

Z: Why are you talking to me?

Edited by Sargun