The Declaration of Electricity

Razorade

Is it chance or fate that as I looked upon the flag for the first time, my mp3 player shuffled to the Pokemon theme song?

Am I the only person wondering why the hell you have that on your mp3 player? :lol1:

Best of luck TEO.

Also, why do new alliances feel the need to make insanely complicated and long charters? The STA charter is smaller than yours and we've existed for 2 and a half years.

Honestly, that Charter really isn't as bad as the vast majority of alliances on Planet Bob. Plus, having a large charter isn't necessarily a bad thing. STA has its own style which works for them, others have theirs which work for them.

Seriously, if you're starting a new alliance, there isn't much to do. One guy (the leader) can really deal with most governmental duties.

I vehemently disagree. The founding of an alliance is not a simple process. What you do at the start lays the foundation for all future success. Plus, while I may be a Jack of All Trades and also specialize in certain areas I'd much rather have government officials who are experts in their field of work and could bring new ideas and proposals to the table. Just because it's possible for one man to do everything that doesn't necessarily mean its the smart thing to do.

Honestly, that Charter really isn't as bad as the vast majority of alliances on Planet Bob. Plus, having a large charter isn't necessarily a bad thing. STA has its own style which works for them, others have theirs which work for them.

I vehemently disagree. The founding of an alliance is not a simple process. What you do at the start lays the foundation for all future success. Plus, while I may be a Jack of All Trades and also specialize in certain areas I'd much rather have government officials who are experts in their field of work and could bring new ideas and proposals to the table. Just because it's possible for one man to do everything that doesn't necessarily mean its the smart thing to do.

In this instance I'd say it's smart to codify the positions now, but most likely they won't need to be filled for some time. Have 'em ready and fill them as you need them. Depending on the size and the people that will come at varying times, and as you said, it's different for everyone.