What is the purpose served by procterates

Zarfef

Procterates  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I protectorate is "part" of your nation. That is why you can annex it any time you please.

Lets go back to the definition I quoted.

A protectorate, in international law, is an autonomous territory that is protected diplomatically or militarily against third parties by a stronger state or entity. In exchange for this, the protectorate usually accepts specified obligations, which may vary greatly, depending on the real nature of their relationship. However, it retains sufficient measure of sovereignty and remains a state under international law.

The only reason people can get away with taking over a Protectorate is because no one else stands up to stop them.

Well, if protectorates are suddenly not allowed then I'll just annex my own and note in the map that those lands could use new leaders.

Another way around protectorates is to have a grandfathering clause as part of the agreement when doling out any land to new nations.

Whenever I have given portions of my territory away in the past, I've made it known that once their claim ceases to exist or is relinquished, the territory reverts back to my nation. This hasn't been a major issue as pretty much every nation I have given land to has phailed and I've ended up getting the claim back.

In other words, the land is theirs to use - but not to lose.

Edited by Botha