The Sovereignty of Nations

Voodoo Nova

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The state of Lübeck hereby hand over control of our remaining interests within the Balkans to our friendly neighbour Bavaria. We have grown sick of the abusive comments and assaults from the Commonwealth, therefore, Bavaria shall decide on the fate of the remaining land. I wish to end this with a message for you all."

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

"The state of Lübeck hereby hand over control of our remaining interests within the Balkans to our friendly neighbour Bavaria. We have grown sick of the abusive comments and assaults from the Commonwealth, therefore, Bavaria shall decide on the fate of the remaining land. I wish to end this with a message for you all."

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

"We thus request all nations, be they european or not, to calm down, sleep a night or two and then come back.

Meanwhile, we also ask all to call their forces back. Then we can talk."

"We thus request all nations, be they european or not, to calm down, sleep a night or two and then come back.

Meanwhile, we also ask all to call their forces back. Then we can talk."

"Commonwealth troops are already stationed in Hungary and under Commonwealth control. It is a part of the Commonwealth."

"Commonwealth troops are already stationed in Hungary and under Commonwealth control. It is a part of the Commonwealth."

"You have unlawfully seized the Land from Lubeck.

Let the people in Hungary decide for themselves instead of forcing your will on them. Similarly, we will not force our will on them.

But let them decide."

"Didn't you just force your will on Lubeck's southern region?"

"They are Bavarians, like us. We have an actual reason to unite two regions that speak the same language, have almost the same traditions and have, throughout the last thousand year, been close allies.

The Magyars - or Hungarians - on the other hand have never been good friends with the poles or czechs, and as thus we simply cannot see why they would willingly join your nation.

Culture is the great divider, but at the same time an impressive glue.

Additionally, we were given the land by Lubeck, even if they only announced it after we sent our troops in."

Edited by Lynneth

"Please check your history.

Austrians and Bavarians are as close culturally as few other peoples."

Please check your bull#$%@ery

Slovenians and Bavarians are as close as Russians and English. And you yourself have claimed that 'Bavarians are not Germans'. Now they are Austrians?

Please check your bull#$%@ery

Slovenians and Bavarians are as close as Russians and English. And you yourself have claimed that 'Bavarians are not Germans'. Now they are Austrians?

"Slovenia has a rich history of cooperation with Austria, something which you may have failed to check. Until the end of the Great War (OOC: WWI), the region was part of Austria, and its people a mix of austrians and slovenians. They have close ties with each other.

Just like Bavarians and Austrians. There are small differences between Bavarian and Austrian culture, but so small that we all could as well just call ourselves 'Bavarians' or 'Austrians'. The only reason why Bavaria is not part of Austria is that Bismarck managed to seize it for Germany. We have much closer ties to Austria than we have to the rest of Germany."

"Slovenia has a rich history of cooperation with Austria, something which you may have failed to check. Until the end of the Great War (OOC: WWI), the region was part of Austria, and its people a mix of austrians and slovenians. They have close ties with each other.

Just like Bavarians and Austrians. There are small differences between Bavarian and Austrian culture, but so small that we all could as well just call ourselves 'Bavarians' or 'Austrians'. The only reason why Bavaria is not part of Austria is that Bismarck managed to seize it for Germany. We have much closer ties to Austria than we have to the rest of Germany."

And nearly the entirety of my current Kingdom was once part of Austria, does that give you authority over me? No, it does not, and it does not give you the right to parade into my lands and claim yourself King because it was once part of Austria. You are taking more lands, say it as it is and we shan't have any more problem with it.

Austria controlled a great mass of land. Do you intend on conquering all of that back, because I do invite you to try it.

And nearly the entirety of my current Kingdom was once part of Austria, does that give you authority over me? No, it does not, and it does not give you the right to parade into my lands and claim yourself King because it was once part of Austria. You are taking more lands, say it as it is and we shan't have any more problem with it.

Austria controlled a great mass of land. Do you intend on conquering all of that back, because I do invite you to try it.

"If we continue on the path of logic I have taken, then yes, we would have claims on all lands that once were part of the Austrian and Austrian-Hungarian Empire, including Bohemia, Moravia and Galicia.

We do not enforce these claims, however, as a stable nation is ruling these territories.

Still.

A.E.I.O.U."

OOC: Wiki that last bit if you don't know what it means.

Edited by Lynneth

The Bavarians never ruled Austria. Austria ruled the simple-minded Bavarians, bending Bavaria to do their will in Germany, which is why the Bavarians fought on the side of the Austrians in every war until the final unification of Germany, wherein Bavaria switched sides because theirs had lost. Bavaria was always a puppet state of Austria, simply a breeding ground for manpower and stupidity.

The Bavarians never ruled Austria. Austria ruled the simple-minded Bavarians, bending Bavaria to do their will in Germany, which is why the Bavarians fought on the side of the Austrians in every war until the final unification of Germany, wherein Bavaria switched sides because theirs had lost. Bavaria was always a puppet state of Austria, simply a breeding ground for manpower and stupidity.

"And now you show your colours, insulting us without any reason.

This conversation has been most enlightening, but it has also shown that you know next to nothing about your neighbours.

Further comments on this topic will not be done from our side."

"And now you show your colours, insulting us without any reason.

This conversation has been most enlightening, but it has also shown that you know next to nothing about your neighbours.

Further comments on this topic will not be done from our side."

"It seems the Bavarians have turned their backs on their ultimatum. Having second thoughts?"

"The Bavarian ultimatum is hereby being shortened to 36 hours.

We strongly advise you to leave that territory immediately. We will stand by Sverige and Lubeck with this."

"According to your ultimatum, there are only five hours left for the Commonwealth to withdraw. Will you enforce your threat, or will you dishonor your word?"

"It seems the Bavarians have turned their backs on their ultimatum. Having second thoughts?"

Hardly. They're saying they don't want to talk with you.

"According to your ultimatum, there are only five hours left for the Commonwealth to withdraw. Will you enforce your threat, or will you dishonor your word?"

Honestly, sounds like they will. And I don't think you're interested in fighting an angry Bavaria.

Hardly. They're saying they don't want to talk with you.

Honestly, sounds like they will. And I don't think you're interested in fighting an angry Bavaria.

"Don't tell me who we're interested in fighting. If they attack our allies, we attack back. There's no compromising a treaty."