• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about their forums?

May I direct you here.

In fact, I'll quote it for you.

Yes they do. It took me all of seven seconds to find out Newhtness was the Second Hand Smoke and not Jason8 by checking their forums.

Yes they do. It took me all of seven seconds to find out Newhtness was the Second Hand Smoke and not Jason8 by checking their forums.

They must have changed their forums.

I mean wake up people. When every single thing pointing to something will you just deny the reality? His nation bio said it, the wiki said it, the forums said it. Every single thing points tot he fact he was a government member.

Go ahead and argue with reality, but at the end of the day you're going to be wrong and it's going to be right.

Edited by Angrator

however, I don't really see how you can complain at NSO over this. RAD has said "we're going to be messing with people, we dare you to do something about it!" to which NSO has said, "Ok, we will." Seems fine all around to me.

I couldn't give less of a damn about this war. I'm just annoyed at the number of people trying to pretend this was NSO defending itself from an act of aggression instead of saying, "Ok, we will."

...but they didn't

You're correct. They don't.

Head Retard: Good Master Hakai

Second Hand Smoke: Jason8

Tard of Interior Design (MoIA): Caliph

- Halftard: Atanatar, This Charming Man, ty649608

Tard of OMG FIRE (MoFA): Emperor Marx

- HalfTard: Newhotness

Tard of Bling (MoE): Krachenpie

- HalfTard: GeekSteroids

Tard of Total Pwnage (MoW): The General

- HalfTard: Gerald Meane

Mistress of Spam (MoS): Scigirl543

In which case, yet another chapter of stupidity in this sad saga. Though that does remind me, we haven't had our forums' "public announcements" section updated recently. I've been prodding government about this for quite some time, but *shrugs*. In which case, you have do have reason to believe that Jason8 is still in government, though in any event, it would have been prudent to have checked via IRC. So now while I understand your confusion as to his status, it does not change the reality that he isn't in government anymore. Subjective reality is not objective reality.

EDIT: Seems like conflicting sources of information on the forums. *shrugs*

Edited by Tolkien

It's the fault of the people who write the National Enquirer (a magazine in my nation that writes about alien babies being abducted by bigfoot) that it's a piece of trash. It's the readership's fault if they believe a word of it.

This is completely different. The wiki is an encyclopedia, not a tabloid. Its purpose is to attempt to portray your alliance the way that you'd like for it to be seen. Furthermore, no one has compelled RAD to keep a wiki with their government roster on it but that they chose to create one burdens them with the responsibility of keeping it up to date.

This is completely different. The wiki is an encyclopedia, not a tabloid. Its purpose is to attempt to portray your alliance the way that you'd like for it to be seen. Furthermore, no one has compelled RAD to keep a wiki with their government roster on it but that they chose to create one burdens them with the responsibility of keeping it up to date.

really? no one ever said it would... (which, i can now use, because "no one ever said there would not be consequences for attacking anthony")

Edited by Aeternalis

From RAD Forums

RAD Government

« on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:03 PM »

Head Retard: Good Master Hakai

Second Hand Smoke: Jason8

Tard of Interior Design (MoIA): Caliph

- Halftard: Atanatar, This Charming Man, ty649608

Tard of OMG FIRE (MoFA): Emperor Marx

- HalfTard: Newhotness

Tard of Bling (MoE): Krachenpie

- HalfTard: GeekSteroids

Tard of Total Pwnage (MoW): The General

- HalfTard: Gerald Meane

Mistress of Spam (MoS): Scigirl543

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:48:47 PM by Good Master Hakai »

\edit\ Sllloooowww :(

Edited by Huang Ti

If you look at Newhotness's mask on the RAD forum it says "Second Hand Smoke"(second in command) and Jason8 is masked as "HalfTard"(just a deputy minister with no real power). Yeah, I know they didn't make their gov list very obvious, that's why it's best to actually ask them.

Edited by California King

Treating the wiki as an encyclopedia is your first mistake.

It doesn't, actually. wiki pages are generally very much notoriously outofdate.

If your alliance doesn't care that it will be misrepresented as in the case of RAD then it really isn't your responsibility to update your wiki. I'm not saying that it's not your prerogative what to do or not do. I'm just saying that there's no point shedding any tears when it should come as no surprise that you get attacked for it.

An "encyclopedia".

Heh.

Fine then, it's an "encyclopedia" with a history of being very questionably accurate. And often quite a ways behind the present day.

So...knowing those things as you apparently do, why trust it?

An "encyclopedia".

Heh.

Fine then, it's an "encyclopedia" with a history of being very questionably accurate. And often quite a ways behind the present day.

So...knowing those things as you apparently do, why trust it?

It's in the hands of alliance members to keep their entries up to date. If they don't want to do that and find that I DID decide to trust the information I found then they have no room to complain.

Are you going to give me your shovel now or would you prefer to keep digging?

It's in the hands of alliance members to keep their entries up to date. If they don't want to do that and find that I DID decide to trust the information I found then they have no room to complain.

Are you going to give me your shovel now or would you prefer to keep digging?

again, no one ever said they had to keep it up to date.

If you decide to trust the information the wiki gives you without question, you're stupid. Or possibly quite blissfully unaware.

Since you seem to be aware that it's not to be trusted, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're saying that because it's convenient as opposed to you actually believing that.

I'd rather not think you are that stupid.

Edited by Aurion