Nations of Iowk

JerreyRough

IOWK1-1.png

Better?

:awesome: Posted in OP.

In the next couple of days I'll post names & descriptions of all the continents. The island clusters are...island clusters. There are also zombie hordes (a "instance" for nations to fight against, very good for character battle role play), which anyone is allowed to map those locations out (if no one wants to do it, we don't really need it done). There are two of these, as shown below.

Map-1.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:awesome: Posted in OP.

In the next couple of days I'll post names & descriptions of all the continents. The island clusters are...island clusters. There are also zombie hordes (a "instance" for nations to fight against, very good for character battle role play), which anyone is allowed to map those locations out (if no one wants to do it, we don't really need it done). There are two of these, as shown below.

Map-1.png

If that map is deemed correct, I'll go in and add some smaller scale geography and terrain, along with color.

As far as maps are concerned you can use one of the ones I've used for past military RPs, e.g.

FIRSTMAPMAPVALUES.jpg

Lo Color with bounderies shown and numbers (I numbered them for easier strategic descriptions using the IMAGE system I built for the other RP)

I've got this map WITH national boundaries that are natural looking in photoshop or PsP, with the boundaries in a separate layer so that the player can easily select them. I also have a higher saturation version that looks more natural and less like an old photograph (which worked for my old RP but not necessarily others).

There is also this map, but I don't have national boundaries drawn. You can use either one if you please.

NationsMapjpg.jpg

(High colored image on an inspirational poster)

mapOfWorld.jpg

I'd make you a custom map, but the things take about 10-20 hours worth of work to make.

I don't think any of those would work, not with the landmasses Jerrey described.

Correct. Sorry, but yes it won't work in the greater scheme of things.

And yes, there should be two maps; a basic one that we have already for political locations, and either an "advanced" map, or links to individual player maps.

Ok, so with the world map selected I think we should get an important issue out of the way: stats. How much should we use (for the nations)? Should we just go for population & soldier amount, with aircraft and tanks talking up a player-determined amount (i.e. a tank replaces 5 soldiers, so the tank has the power of 5 soilders of the nation), or include aircraft, tanks, and navy (or any smaller combination) that can be RP'ed as something else of equal power.

Discuss!

Ok, so with the world map selected I think we should get an important issue out of the way: stats. How much should we use (for the nations)? Should we just go for population & soldier amount, with aircraft and tanks talking up a player-determined amount (i.e. a tank replaces 5 soldiers, so the tank has the power of 5 soilders of the nation), or include aircraft, tanks, and navy (or any smaller combination) that can be RP'ed as something else of equal power.

Discuss!

Since you want to keep away from strictly following stats, I'd suggest taking the numbers for soldiers, tanks, aircraft and navy, but leaving tech and such out of the equation.

Should we even use stats at all? Considering some may RP at fuedal tech, and some at space age or beyond...

If we do use stats, I agree, military numbers only. All others being irrelevent.

Since you want to keep away from strictly following stats, I'd suggest taking the numbers for soldiers, tanks, aircraft and navy, but leaving tech and such out of the equation.
Should we even use stats at all? Considering some may RP at fuedal tech, and some at space age or beyond...

If we do use stats, I agree, military numbers only. All others being irrelevent.

Iowk is all about having completely different forces affecting one another; I'm in support of stats and having no stats. Remember that there are "strange unknown compounds" found on Iowk (incase I haven't talked about this yet, see below) that are the reason for giving people powers, strong metals for armor, etc.

Iowk is located in the center of a galaxy, and in this galaxy there are worm holes, black holes, and dwarf- to super-giant suns there; for some unknown reason, it never seems to get destroyed, and occasionally even goes through worm holes to other galaxies and other universes; thus explaining different factions like the Imperium from Warhammer 40k on this planet. And all this activity causes it to gather strange compounds from these places.

But yea, I think you guys are right; we just need the military stats (including nuclear weapons?).

Iowk is all about having completely different forces affecting one another; I'm in support of stats and having no stats. Remember that there are "strange unknown compounds" found on Iowk (incase I haven't talked about this yet, see below) that are the reason for giving people powers, strong metals for armor, etc.

Iowk is located in the center of a galaxy, and in this galaxy there are worm holes, black holes, and dwarf- to super-giant suns there; for some unknown reason, it never seems to get destroyed, and occasionally even goes through worm holes to other galaxies and other universes; thus explaining different factions like the Imperium from Warhammer 40k on this planet. And all this activity causes it to gather strange compounds from these places.

But yea, I think you guys are right; we just need the military stats (including nuclear weapons?).

Nuclear? Er...how would those translate into a feudal society? An unkown compound that has explosive potential?

Nuclear? Er...how would those translate into a feudal society? An unkown compound that has explosive potential?

Perhaps. I just needs to be something powerful; either a powerful single-use, or a slightly less powerful multi-use thing; like a Dragon in a Medieval society.

I would advise people starting their claims for land, even if they don't do the geography yet. When we start, there will be two types of nations: old nations and new nations. Old nations are stabilized and have a long history dating up to one and a half thousand years ago, while new nations are either a "returning nation" or a "new regime". The main difference inbetween is relations; naturally, older nations will know about other old nations. One thing to note in your RP is that there wasn't much globalization up to this point, thus why old nations are finding out information about other older nations.

So from this point on, here is a "form" to lightly explain yourself. Note that the remaining continent names will be chosen by the community or myself in the next while. Just be sure to not claim The Gap and to leave an area in the top left. This form is not necessary unless you want to be an old nation.

Nation Name: {Name of your nation}

Nation Technology: {Medival, Fantasy, Sci-FI, etc.}

Nation Short Description: {Race, and additional info i.e. "Star Wars" or "Tolkien-style Fantasy Dwarves"}

Nation type: {old/new}

Claims: {link to colored place on the map}

Now for characters, you can provide information if you wish but you don't need to. To help you and the community, here is a short "form". Nation players can of course have characters and can use this form.

Character Name: {Complete character name, including titles via quotes]

Character Starting Point: {Where you start, whether it is a NPC nation or a player nation}

Character Technology: {Medival, Fantasy, Sci-FI, etc.}

Character Short Description: {Race, weapons, SHORT description}

Character Appearance (optional): {Picture link}

To help, here is my nation (yes, I shall still have a nation anyway, even with control of the NPC nations :P); that is, if you guys trust me enough.

Nation Name: Sooval

Nation Technology: Realism Steampunk* *(home-brew steampunk made by me, steampunk but mostly realistic because real technologies & materials exist)

Nation Short Description: Artures, trench warfare tactics, heavy armor with explosive weapons, Returning Regime, finds peace usually in a military stalemate.

Nation type: New

Claims: http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc155/R...eader/Map-2.png

Character Name: Great Ancient Vutomo

Character Starting Point: Capital of Sooval

Character Technology: Steampunk

Character Short Description: Artures, home-built zeppelin as transport, a "spartan" Artures (something touched upon in CNRPS/AEGIS), likes to interact with other species.

Character Appearance (optional): N/A

Hey, if everyone is willing to wait until tomorrow, I can make a more realistic map that also has Geography, and terrain, as well as political versions.

I've already finished about half of the political version.

It''ll still have the same basicc outline as the one Jerrey approved, right? ;)

It''ll still have the same basicc outline as the one Jerrey approved, right? ;)

Of course. In fact, here it is:

IOWK2.jpg

The terrain mode one is being a bit weird, so it'll take a bit longer.

EDIT: Also, if there is any other Geography needed, I'll add it in, and it would be good to know now, before the terrain is done.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Nation Name: Dark Mon'kai

Nation Technology: Sci-Fi

Nation Short Description: Humanoid, Based on the Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar race.

Nation type: Old

Claims: (Need to redo this bit once final map is done.)

Character Name: "Archon" No'akei Vesper "the Daughter of Pain"

Character Starting Point: City of Black Dagger (Dark Mon'kai capital)

Character Technology: Sci-fi

Character Short Description: Humanoid, splinter pistol and curved bladed close combat weapon. No'akei Vesper rose to become leader of the Dark Mon'kai in the usual fashion. By ruthlessly cutting down her enemies and rivals and taking their possessions and families through death and trickery. Unlike her predecessor she enjoys the arena games in her nation and regulary holds them for entertainment.

Character Appearance (optional): http://www.geocities.com/jay_mallory/deldar.gif

Jerrey hopes that ok but do you want me to give a more detailed description on their technology?

Edited by King Kevz

Of course. In fact, here it is:

IOWK2.jpg

The terrain mode one is being a bit weird, so it'll take a bit longer.

EDIT: Also, if there is any other Geography needed, I'll add it in, and it would be good to know now, before the terrain is done.

The Northern and Soutnern large continents aren't supposed to be connected.

• 2 weeks later...

I havn't given up yet! A bit more information to come out soon, then I'll get the first steps towards everyone starting up.

Whoops, gimme three minutes, I'll fix it.

IOWK2.jpg

Thar we go

:awesome:

Count me in, Imperator.

:huh: Who is this Imperator? :P

I suppose I'll RP a soldier or something. :P

D: Only a soldier? More nations are allowed, ya'know (and if you don't know what terrain to make, then you could always ask nicely for someone to make it).

So a quick overview of NPC nations: a "Dwarven" nation, two "Elven" nations, and the final unposted nation, "MWF Colonial Marines".

I have another community question to ask, which may allow for more RP as long as no one exploits. This is avalible a thousand years after these events, and some things related to it will be "seen" here anyway (plus the Colonial Marines will be included in this).

Space.

In the Iowk universe, there were 13 space elevators constructed on the planet of Iowk (due to the fact that humanity didn't really have good ships for going through an atmosphere, and telewarp required a lot of money and a lot of energy). These would be randomly scattered, barring one, and could be "fought" over. At the top of these elevators is a space station capable of creating and storing about 30-50 space ships. Any faction can make a spaceship of their own design (whether it is a picture or typed material or both). These craft would not be able to go far, with special cargo vessels taking a small army or characters to one of Iowk's 5 moons, or the partially destroyed Colonial Megavessel (effectivly, an instance), or the large amounts of depris from past space battles and the massive space battle when Iowk was attacked.

Space ships would be far, far cheaper than in RL due to increased materials and designs for space, but still costly (alas the small number). The space scene would not affect the ground scene military-wise (baring non-weapon satellites), as no space vessel can enter the upper atmosphere without burning (barring far more costly spacecraft that are made to do that).

So? Should we have space for those that want to have it, and perhaps take their characters to a space-bourne instance (there is a moon with horrific monsters, and there will be events where the nations of Iowk....wait! must...not...say...anything!).

Nation Name: Aquarian Federation

Nation Technology: Fantasy/Sci-fi

Nation Short Description: Human-offshoot (Like the water-breathing Castalians of the TV series Andromeda)

Nation type: Old

Claims: Er...not so good with that, but i can describe...I want the major islands in the western gulf between the Major Nothern Continent and the one it is nearly connectedf to by a land bridge.

Space.

In the Iowk universe, there were 13 space elevators constructed on the planet of Iowk (due to the fact that humanity didn't really have good ships for going through an atmosphere, and telewarp required a lot of money and a lot of energy). These would be randomly scattered, barring one, and could be "fought" over. At the top of these elevators is a space station capable of creating and storing about 30-50 space ships. Any faction can make a spaceship of their own design (whether it is a picture or typed material or both). These craft would not be able to go far, with special cargo vessels taking a small army or characters to one of Iowk's 5 moons, or the partially destroyed Colonial Megavessel (effectivly, an instance), or the large amounts of depris from past space battles and the massive space battle when Iowk was attacked.

Space ships would be far, far cheaper than in RL due to increased materials and designs for space, but still costly (alas the small number). The space scene would not affect the ground scene military-wise (baring non-weapon satellites), as no space vessel can enter the upper atmosphere without burning (barring far more costly spacecraft that are made to do that).

So? Should we have space for those that want to have it, and perhaps take their characters to a space-bourne instance (there is a moon with horrific monsters, and there will be events where the nations of Iowk....wait! must...not...say...anything!).

Yes...! :awesome:

And possibly one elevator on my islands? :D

One of them looks to just touch the equator at one point, so it would be logical... ;)