Isle De Malvinas

Zoot Zoot

The islands most commonly known as the Falkland Islands Have been struck down with what seems to be an outbreak of Swine flu.

We beleive the infection arrived from a cargo vessel arriving from Orleans - France.

The current situation in the Capital of Malvinas (City 17 -Formerly Known as Port Stanley ) is as follows:

Deaths:

Incurable infected:

Civilians showing symptoms:

Infected Military personel:

17/75

Uninfected Civilians:

Uninfected Military Personel:

Our nations situation is dire, and i am calling to the worlds leaders to send aid for us to build hospitals and produce vaccines and to build our nations infastructure to a point where we can help our people.

I emplore you all, leaders of the world send what aid you can to help my Nation survive this outbreak. Our population is too small for the virus to simply burn itself out.

Thankyou good sirs,

Medical supplies are in grave need, the number of dead has risen so has the number of infected.

dead:

infected:

non infected civilians:

infected military:

34/75

non infected military:

40/75

Military deaths:

We now beleive this is not a strain a Swine flu, but a far more deadly infection.

Ebola.

The strain my government scientists beleive it to be is this:

Zaire virus (ZEBOV)

The Zaire virus, formerly named Zaire Ebola Virus, has the highest case-fatality rate, up to 90% in some epidemics, with an average case fatality rate of approximately 83% over 27 years. The case-fatality rates were 88% in 1976, 59% in 1994, 81% in 1995, 73% in 1996, 80% in 2001-2002, and 90% in 2003. There have been more outbreaks of Zaire ebolavirus than any other strain. The first outbreak took place on 26 August 1976 in Yambuku. Mabalo Lokela, a 44-year-old schoolteacher, became the first recorded case. The symptoms resembled malaria, and subsequent patients received quinine. The initial transmission was believed to be due to reuse of the needle for Lokela's injection without sterilization. Subsequent transmission was also due to lack of barrier nursing and the traditional burial preparation method, which involves washing and gastrointestinal tract cleansing.

Ebola hemorrhagic fever is potentially lethal and encompasses a range of symptoms including fever, vomiting, diarrhea, generalized pain or malaise, and sometimes internal and external bleeding. The span of time from onset of symptoms to death is usually between 2 and 21 days. By the second week of infection, patients will either defervesce (the fever will lessen) or undergo systemic multi-organ failure. Mortality rates are typically high, with the human case-fatality rate ranging from 50–89%, depending on the species or viral strain.[44] The cause of death is usually due to hypovolemic shock or organ failure.[45]

This is a formal request for the Malvinas Islands to be navally blockaded and a strong military presence to be landed on the island for quarantine and security.

If troops are landed i must emplore the need of NBC suits and full biological warfare equiptment.

Due to the recent outbreaks of what is to be beleived is Ebola we have concluded it has not come via our trading links with orleans, France. But we beleive it is an underhanded terrorist Attack by the British government who used to hold claim over these lands.

Premier Zooty thanks all those who are offering to help my stricken nation in its hour of need.

Arctica has suspended travel between itself and the Falklands until this epidemic is eliminated.

OOC : beat me too it

IC: Understandible sir, i highly suggest everyone from Arctica who has left my Nation in the last 48 hours be put in quarantine and checked.

hmm, we will still bring the supplies (ooc: do you mind if we drop them out of a plane bomber-style? ^_^ ) IC: but we will make sure to send as few people as possible and have them all taking as many medical precautions as possible. after that, we must suspend travel between Diadochoi and the Falklands until the disease is gone. best of luck with it.

OOC: Medical supplies dropped via aircraft wud be awesome :P

Many thanks to the nation of Lubeck, Kanteero and Diadochoi

For sending medical supplies and soldiers to help contain the infection and helping to eleimate it from my land.

Also many thanks to the Naval taskforce blockading the Island, My soldiers tell me its not a Nation they are familiar with, but they are keeping the Ilsand under quarantine, so thankyou.

OOC: Medical supplies dropped via aircraft wud be awesome :P

50 Selenarctan soldiers and 20 doctors plus flight crew in full bio-hazard equipment will be landing in a Boeing 757 carrying wide array of medical supplies will land within the next (OOC: 1 hour) and place themselves at your disposal (OOC: feel free to RP them if you want).

OOC: Is there actually a Boeing company somewhere in CNRP to supply the planes everyone uses?

50 Selenarctan soldiers and 20 doctors plus flight crew in full bio-hazard equipment will be landing in a Boeing 757 carrying wide array of medical supplies will land within the next (OOC: 1 hour) and place themselves at your disposal (OOC: feel free to RP them if you want).

OOC: Is there actually a Boeing company somewhere in CNRP to supply the planes everyone uses?

OOC: Yes. Since it is based in the Pacific Northwest, Mudd (who runs Tahoe) owns it.

I thank you all, nations of the world for your continuing support.

The outbreak has been dealt with and is now under control, no more cases have been reported and all those who did not die are currently on the road to recovery.

I thankyou all.