New population proposal for CNRP

Sabioviejo

Ah, thanks. So I have room to expand my population a bit...

21 million gives you a density of 7.3/sq mi, even when IRL approximately 60% is concentrated in and around the mainland state capitals of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide.

21 million gives you a density of 7.3/sq mi, even when IRL approximately 60% is concentrated in and around the mainland state capitals of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide.

At the same population density as germany - 230/km² or 596/sq mi - Australia would have a population of

1.7 billion. Quite a bit.

As I see it:

The United States has 140 million working and tax paying citizens. The country overall has about 300million. Assuming America has an average working to non working ratio among developed countries, use 15/7 as a good way to figure your population. So if you have 100 working citizens you use 15/7=x/100. x is you total population and solve for it.

So assuming you have 100 working citizens and using the 15/7 ration to total pop/working pop:

15/7=x/100

7x=1,500

x=1,500/7

x=~214

As I see it:

The United States has 140 million working and tax paying citizens. The country overall has about 300million. Assuming America has an average working to non working ratio among developed countries, use 15/7 as a good way to figure your population. So if you have 100 working citizens you use 15/7=x/100. x is you total population and solve for it.

So assuming you have 100 working citizens and using the 15/7 ration to total pop/working pop:

15/7=x/100

7x=1,500

x=1,500/7

x=~214

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Multiplying the IG taxpaying citizens by 200 (a little simpler) instead of 100 gives me a much more reasonable population and about what I was aiming to increase it to.

Edited by iKrolm

Except Sydney and Brisbane don't beliong to me, and Melbourne is only half mine... :D

At the same population density as germany - 230/km² or 596/sq mi - Australia would have a population of

1.7 billion. Quite a bit.

Considering that Germany is packed with fertile land while most of Australia is quite arid or desert, Australia would probably not be able to reach said density.