iamthey

OOC:

Drakoria will sign this pact

Signed for Drakoria,

Jason R. Drake, President

Henry J. Fredericks, Vice President

Second Senate of the Republic of Drakoria

Lolwut? I don't think that's how you put signatures on. >_>

New Zealand will not sign any paper that could potentially restrict last-ditch attempts to save our own peoples. If it takes the worst horrors of war to save ourselves from the brink of destruction then by God we will unleash them.
We didn't expect to ever say this but we agree with New Zealand how terrible it may be when needed we will fire everything needed to survive

You unleash such a weapon, and you risk destroying more than just your attackers. Biological weapons are not easily contained. It was fortunate indeed that the Somalian virus did not kill more people.

He never stated such a thing, the representative merely stated that to protect its own citizenry it will attack the enemy with all means neccesary.

With means that could just as easily destroy his own people as the attackers...in fact such a possibility is more likely than not.

Finally happy with the completed document, the signatures of the Triumvirate are added.

For New Cymru

Joshua Williams, Triumvir

Michael Gaunter, Triumvir

Kent Archer, Triumvir

OOC: Since you all left the other thread before this.

I wish you could have waited for me, as the host and everything. :(

You unleash such a weapon, and you risk destroying more than just your attackers. Biological weapons are not easily contained. It was fortunate indeed that the Somalian virus did not kill more people.

With means that could just as easily destroy his own people as the attackers...in fact such a possibility is more likely than not.

A nation thinking normal will not unleash something it cant cure.

Which brings up the rather interesting point of what is considered normal in war. In fact, there is a saying -- Dutch, i believe -- that pretty much translates to: "He/she who is cornered, will use and go through any means at his/her disposal he/she can find to get out of it".

And that is what this treaty is for. Viruses and biological agents don't stop as borders, and can potentially hurt more than the nation you happen to be at war with. All signatories agree that they will never resort to using such weapons, as they don't hurt just the enemy, but civilians and (possibly) foreign nations that had nothing to do with the conflict in the first place.

What about the fact that many viruses mutate on a daily basis, adapting to treatments and cures, and constantly throwing the immune system of the host off? Bacteria definitely have a similar potential. So I suppose that means we agree, no rational government will use biological weapons. :v:

Edited by iamthey

"We would like to be removed from this treaty, as the new government has second thoughts about this treaty. The Special Commission of Article III seems too restricting, and we disagree somewhat with Article II. Section 8. Drakoria will still maintain a policy against biological weapons and mistreatment of POWs and civilians."

OOC: Mostly it's because I don't like that it's possible for a special committee to block an annexation because they can block the annexation, even cultural or strategic, for their own gain.

• 4 months later...