Federal vs. Monarchy

steeldor

My preferred government is Federal, and I don't see how Monarchy can be better. Monarchy has +1 happiness but it wold be canceled out because monarchy is not preferred. They both have -5% infra, so that doesn't matter. But monarchy has +5% land and Federal has -5% improv and wonder upkeep. If you get 1 citizen for every 2 miles of land then with monarchy I would get an extra $1000 net. But the upkeep reduction from federal would give me an extra $4000 net. Plus, with federal you get +8% soldier efficiency. As long as Federal is desired, how can monarchy be better?

Where does that idea come from anyway? What exactly is the advantage of capitalism for buying infra over Revolutionary? I don't see a difference.

Capitalism and Democracy give you an environment bonus which you don't get with Revolutionary.

Can you tell me exactly why?

Because Democracy gives you the most money and Capitalism makes purchasing infrastructure the cheapest. The happiness bonus from democracy offsets the loss of happiness you get from not giving your population what they want.

Edited by Decomposition

Capitalism and Democracy give you an environment bonus which you don't get with Revolutionary.

Because Democracy gives you the most money and Capitalism makes purchasing infrastructure the cheapest. The happiness bonus from democracy offsets the loss of happiness you get from not giving your population what they want.

My environment is perfect (with the GRL), so the environment bonus from Democracy doesn't matter, and it gives no land bonus or upkeep reduction. And how does Capitalism make infra cheapest, compared to the other choices that give -5% initial cost?

Edited by steeldor

Capitalism isn't the best for infra buying, despite what some people here seem to think. Since your environment is already perfect, if your people want Capitalist, Democracy, Monarchy, Revolutionary or Totalitarian, collect with that type, as it gives you the best bonus set you'll be able to get. If they don't, collect with Totalitarian or Monarchy. Either one works, since the collection bonuses are the same.

As for infra buying and bill paying, go with Federal. If gives you the reduced infra cost and reduced bills of Capitalism, but it also gives you +8% soldier efficiency, which hardens you up in case you're attacked. Capitalism's land bonus is useless, since you aren't going to be collecting with it anyway.

Note: this assumes that you're improvement and government swapping. Otherwise, Monarchy is the best, since it gives happiness, land, and most importantly, infra cost reduction.

Edited by flak attack

Capitalism isn't the best for infra buying, despite what some people here seem to think. Since your environment is already perfect, if your people want Capitalist, Democracy, Monarchy, Revolutionary or Totalitarian, collect with that type, as it gives you the best bonus set you'll be able to get. If they don't, collect with Totalitarian or Monarchy. Either one works, since the collection bonuses are the same.

As for infra buying and bill paying, go with Federal. If gives you the reduced infra cost and reduced bills of Capitalism, but it also gives you +8% soldier efficiency, which hardens you up in case you're attacked. Capitalism's land bonus is useless, since you aren't going to be collecting with it anyway.

Note: this assumes that you're improvement and government swapping. Otherwise, Monarchy is the best, since it gives happiness, land, and most importantly, infra cost reduction.

Except that for me, the money saved from improv and wonder reductions, is greater than the extra money from the land bonus.

Incorrect.

"Most importantly" is an environment bonus.

Except that for me, the money saved from improv and wonder reductions, is greater than the extra money from the land bonus.

That's why you don't collect with the bill reduction government and collect with the land increase government.

Meh, already have perfect environment.

What he said. Environment boosts are irrelevant in this case.