The Baron's mansion

Lynneth

Destroyed, but not rebuilt.

The ancient building from the times of the Holy Roman Empire that once was Erwin Uberstein's mansion lay in rubbles, somewhere in the south of Bavaria. The Nords had never rebuilt it, but when the King - Maximilian III. - was informed about the building, he immediately sent a message to Mariehamm and ordered the national archives to be searched for the blueprints of the mansion. He planned to rebuild it, in all the former glory.

Greetings.

It has come to my attention that the old mansion of Baron Uberstein and which had triggered the war that eventually freed our country, still is destroyed.

To show my gratitude to Uberstein, I will rebuild it, though I do ask what he wishes it to look like. Just like it was before taken apart, or some new classic or futuristic design?

If possible, I would like to meet with him personally to discuss this, and perhaps some other things.

Regards,

King Maximilian III.

Private to King Maximilian III

The stone workers of Somal are probably some of the best in our part of the world. We'd be more than honored to send you a team of our best artisans for you to make use of in rebuilding this mansion. We'll also send along cooks to see to their feeding, interpreters, and several metric tonnes of raw Somal limestone of the finest quality.

Edited by Firestorm

Uberstein will meet with the King personally in an undisclosed location.

Thus it is agreed.

*Classified*

Under high secrecy, Uberstein was brought to Hohenschwangau, the King's holiday residence. Once there, the man was lead into the Heldenhalle, a big room where twenty and more people could dine.

Schloss_Hohenschwangau_Heldenhalle.jpg

The King was sitting on one end of the table, simply waiting, but without food in front of him, as Uberstein was led into the room by a guard.

"Baron Uberstein, welcome in Hohenschwangau, Bayern."

Prussia will donate any trim gold or other precious materials required to restore the mansion. Marble and Granite will also be donated to this noble cause.

Once we have figured out what will be needed, we'll gladly talk to you about trim gold, marble, granite and other materials.

*Classified*

Uberstein doffed his brown fedora in greeting, and took it off. "I don't suppose you have a hat rack?"

The King pointed to the right of Uberstein, where a hat rack was, easily accessible.

"There it is. Now, when you have taken off the hat and whatever else you wish to hang there, please come and sit besides me, then we can talk about your manson."

Uberstein sits down, and opens his briefcase, taking out several sheets of blueprints, one page for each floor. "I think it would be best if we rebuilt it as it originally was, and also made it the embassy for the Republic of Mariehamm. Two birds with one stone."

Uberstein sits down, and opens his briefcase, taking out several sheets of blueprints, one page for each floor. "I think it would be best if we rebuilt it as it originally was, and also made it the embassy for the Republic of Mariehamm. Two birds with one stone."

Maximilian III. studied the blueprints, looking at each one with great care, nodding occasionally. After a while, he put the prints onto the table again, smiling.

"Mhmm...Yes, yes. I agree, your proposal is good. Now, we'll only need the materials that were used for building it. After that, I'll instruct a construction company to rebuild it with the best quality they can possibly achieve. The rebuilding may take a few months, though, but I guess you're fine with that?"

Maximilian III. studied the blueprints, looking at each one with great care, nodding occasionally. After a while, he put the prints onto the table again, smiling.

"Mhmm...Yes, yes. I agree, your proposal is good. Now, we'll only need the materials that were used for building it. After that, I'll instruct a construction company to rebuild it with the best quality they can possibly achieve. The rebuilding may take a few months, though, but I guess you're fine with that?"

"Of course, personally I didn't expect it to be rebuilt properly for years. I'm amazed they had the heart to tear down such an ancient building. But, Rome was burned a few times and look at it now, good as new. I'm sure the rebuilt mansion will be just as good as the old. I'm sure the combined resources of Bavaria and Prussia, along with personal accounts funding it, will get the job done."

"Of course, personally I didn't expect it to be rebuilt properly for years. I'm amazed they had the heart to tear down such an ancient building. But, Rome was burned a few times and look at it now, good as new. I'm sure the rebuilt mansion will be just as good as the old. I'm sure the combined resources of Bavaria and Prussia, along with personal accounts funding it, will get the job done."

"Ancient places like this are resilient and stubborn. They have a tendence to get rebuilt when destroyed by idiotic leaders who would barely qualify to lead a clan of maggots. Now...Regarding the materials. Could you point out or write down what will be needed for what places, or would you rather send an architect or historian to do that deed?"

He looked at Erwin, expectantly.

Uberstein pulls out a list from his briefcase, "What can I say, I come prepared for such things. I've already had a team of historians work with me on this, preparing for the day when it can be rebuilt. I'm glad it came sooner than later, they're starting to ask for more money." He chuckles, and hands over the list.

Uberstein pulls out a list from his briefcase, "What can I say, I come prepared for such things. I've already had a team of historians work with me on this, preparing for the day when it can be rebuilt. I'm glad it came sooner than later, they're starting to ask for more money." He chuckles, and hands over the list.

The King takes the list, reading through it carefully. Occasionally, Uberstein may hear a 'Mhmm' or 'Hmm', but otherwise, the man stays silent...

That is, until he finishes reading. "Well, we can acquire most of the needed materials rather easily, especially with Prussia's help. If you don't mind, I'll keep this list so that I can get it to the construction people. They'll then begin within a few weeks, getting the materials first and whatnot. Is that fine with you?"

"Perfectly acceptable. Oh, and I brought a gift, to help toast the success of your nation." Uberstein pulls a bottle of wine from his briefcase. "Harlan Estate, 1997. Cost me over $900, had it imported from Tahoe. An absolutely fantastic Cabernet, if you ask me."

"Perfectly acceptable. Oh, and I brought a gift, to help toast the success of your nation." Uberstein pulls a bottle of wine from his briefcase. "Harlan Estate, 1997. Cost me over $900, had it imported from Tahoe. An absolutely fantastic Cabernet, if you ask me."

"Ahh...What a fine present. You have my thanks my deepest thanks. Aside from beer I absolutely love to drink wine, especially red one." He took the bottle, looking at its label. "Would you like me to open it now, or would you rather wait for a while?"

Without an order, a servant - most likely an experienced butler - walked nearby the two, wine-opener and two glasses in his hand. How he had acquired those wasn't too mysterious, as this was a dining room and thus needed such things when being used, like now.

Uberstein handed the bottle to the butler, "As my father once said to me, there is never a bad time for a toast if you're using alcohol." He waited for the glass to be filled, and then lifted it, "A toast to a new Europe, and by new, I mean Old. No Nords, no Fascism, just capitalism and aristocracy retaking their places at the table of history."

Uberstein handed the bottle to the butler, "As my father once said to me, there is never a bad time for a toast if you're using alcohol." He waited for the glass to be filled, and then lifted it, "A toast to a new Europe, and by new, I mean Old. No Nords, no Fascism, just capitalism and aristocracy retaking their places at the table of history."

The King lifted his glass, as well. "To the good, old and classic Europe, Uberstein, and the legitimate rulers of it."

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: All happenings from here on are open and for anyone to join, unless specified otherwise. Should anyone want to RP a worker for a bit, feel freeto do so, lol.

And I don't feel like making a new thread for this.

IC:

Bayrische Nachrichtenagentur (bna; Bavarian News Agency)

Reconstruction

Today, the foundation for the reconstruction of Baron Erwin Uberstein's mansion in the south of Bavaria has been laid, with the King personally doing the honour.

Camps for hundreds of workers have been set up so that the mansion may quickly become what it was before the insane Visari let it be torn down by his oppressive followers. Some of the country's best architects are working together to make the mansion just what it was before, a great and historical building from the times of the Holy Roman Empire.

According to our sources, the countries of Prussia and Somal have already been contacted for various materials, such as limestone, marble or trim gold.