Wargames between new friends

Lynneth

Recently, Singapore had mobilised some of its forces to train them.

Even more recently, it had been decided to conduct wargames with Rebel Army. And to make it even more expensive, almost the entirety of the reserves were being mobilized once the two countries had agreed to conducting them.

Already, all three branches of the SAF - the Singapore Army (SA), the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) - were on their way to Rebel Army, with a total of 32 naval ships, 60 air squadrons and 600,000 soldiers as well as roughly 3,000 tanks to arrive near As Suways. This amount of men took quite a bit of organisation and several trips, obviously, but it would be accomplished rather quickly, partially thanks to help from Rebel Army transports coming to help.

Of course, Singapore knew that many nations would be distraught with this amount of men moving, but they vehemently defended their point that these men would take part in wargames that would last up to several months, and the men would only be sent in shifts of 100,000.

Secretly, all of them would be sent. Singapore was a trading nation, and had recently acquired 40 container ships. These, and others would be used to gradually send not only 600,000 men, but 800,000 men and an additional 6,000 tanks into Rebel Army, with the RA government and Lavo Shalam being informed about it, of course.

This was done to lessen the impact of moving such amounts of men on the world, so that the wargames could be held without too many questions, et cetera.

To spies or watching satellites, these ships would look just like normal container ships sending and bringing numerous goods from and to Rebel Army, the Singaporeans wanting to use the trade clause in the MDoAP quite a bit.

OOC: Before you ask, this has been agreed to by me and Lavo over private channels (irc and msn).

The Republic of Free Somal welcomes the Singaporeans to the region. Should you want to make a side visit please feel free to drop by.

OOC: While this is closed to me, I guess you'll see the men and ships moving, lol.

IC: "We than the Republic of Free Somal for their welcoming stance towards us. Perhaps we can organise some wargames with you as well, at a later time."

Private message to Rebel Army: Strigia wonders if it could send some of its forces, or perhaps have them come here. Particularly, we would like help in building a bigger aerial fleet and missile departments. We could offer our vast mountain territories for training, as well as our expertise in guerrilla warfare and cavern/tunnel warfare.

Edited by Margrave

The Singaporean contingent would be welcomed by some 300 000 soldiers, a third of the entire armoured corps, and a few dozen aerial divisions. It seems the RA had prepared for a few months wargame, with troops being cycled out every little while. Indeed, this would prove to be quite beneficial to both armed forces, for the experience they will gain is invaluable.

Private reply to Strigia: You would be more then welcome to join in, just sent some forces over.

***Classified***

Noting the wargame, which in our minds is as good a war simulation as any, the military is to be brought to DEFCON 2.

Edited by Lavo_2

The Singaporean contingent would be welcomed by some 300 000 soldiers, a third of the entire armoured corps, and a few dozen aerial divisions. It seems the RA had prepared for a few months wargame, with troops being cycled out every little while. Indeed, this would prove to be quite beneficial to both armed forces, for the experience they will gain is invaluable.

Private reply to Strigia: You would be more then welcome to join in, just sent some forces over.

***Classified***

Noting the wargame, which in our minds is as good a war simulation as any, the military is to be brought to DEFCON 2.

After landing, the Singaporean forces would organise themselves over the course of the next day, proceeding to the barracks given to them by Rebel Army afterwards.

Once this was accomplished, they would wait for instructions from Rebel Army officials, as they were the ones hosting the wargames.

In the meantime, the fleet docked near As Suways, while the 60 squadrons - 50 of them fighters, the rest bombers - landed at enarby airforce bases.

*Classified*

Similarly, Singapore went to Defcon 2 because of the wargames, with most of the army being in or getting to Rebel Army.

OOC: A fleet that massive would stick out like a sore thumb going through the Red Sea which is why I merely welcomed them and didn't say, "HEY army dudes!". Plus I didn't see anything that made the thread classified, but more so a movement in secret. I suspect the actions inside of RA would be far more difficult to sort out.

Edited by Firestorm

OOC: Just so we're clear--absolutely no piece of this information is public, correct?
OOC: A fleet that massive would stick out like a sore thumb going through the Red Sea which is why I merely welcomed them and didn't say, "HEY army dudes!". Plus I didn't see anything that made the thread classified, but more so a movement in secret. I suspect the actions inside of RA would be far more difficult to sort out.

OOC: Well, the wargames themselves have been announced, but according to the announcement, only 100,000 Singapore-soldiers will be sent to RA at a time (or whatever the proper grammar here is).

Secretly, I sent a slightly unconventional number of container ships to get the rest of the army into RA. As neither RA nor Singapore are enemies of anyone, the likeliness of satellites watching civilian ships that officially bring goods into and out of RA is very, very low. Only the truly paranoid would watch civilian transports like that. Or metagamers. :awesome:

The official thing: 32 ships, 60 plane squadrons, 3000 tanks and 6 times 100,000 men go to RA, with 100,000 going home when the next 100,000 come. Officially, as said. The unofficial thing I've already explained.

And yes, it would be much harder to find out what's going on in RA than just watching the transports coming in.

Everything except the official thing is secret.

OOC: Pretty cool. Just don't try anything fishy guys. :P

OOC: OH, I think they should, actually... :D

IC: Promised Land wishes these two nations well in their wargames exercizes. May the inevitible injuries be few and far between.

OOC: Natural that something of this size can't be organized perfectly, even by two such powerful and organized nations.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder