Singapore Actions and News

Lynneth

Singapore News Broadcasting Network (SNBN)

"Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Today, during a press conference, the Prime Minister has announced that he is seriously considering strengthening the ties between Singapore and several nations in eastern Asia and Australasia. He mentioned that talks have been initiated with the Pax Pacifica and the Korean Empire, though there are also preparations to reach agreements with, for example, the Australasian Coalition and other regional powers.

Additionally, there are plans to modernise both the Airforce and the Navy, as the current forces are outdated and would, as the PM said, "not survive a major battle against a determined foe, even if it is less advanced than our great nation.".

We will keep you update about the treaties as well as the modernisation as new information becomes available."

OOC:

This thread serves the same purpose as my previous two threads for Canada, the news-thread and the general actions thread. This time, however, it's a single thread, so I don't have to crosspost and whatnot.

Links to important posts will be provided later, like in the old threads.

"Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, the Prime Minister has announced that two treaties have been signed.

The first is the Pax Pacifica, a renowned pact between several nations in the greater Pacific, pledging to keep the peace and defend each other. May this treaty bring us all peace and prosperity!

You can find detailed informations about it on our homepage under the News section, as well as on the government's page under "Treaties".

Now, for the second treaty: This one is a NAP and free trade agreement with the North American nation of Viniland, one of the oldest nations in the world, and arguably one of the most powerful ones.

The treaty itself has been made publicly available for viewing on the government's homepage, but we take the liberty and show it to you right now."

Preamble

In the interest of promoting the security and prosperity of their people, Singapore and Viniland hereby agree to enter a pact of non-aggression and free trade under the following terms:

Article I - Enforcement and Termination

This pact takes effect immediately upon valid ratification of both signatory sides and lasts unto perpetuity. Should either of the signatories choose to end this arrangement, they are to inform the other side a minimum of seventy-two hours before terminating the arrangement. Should either side knowingly and with ill intent violate any of the terms of this agreement, the other side may consider it null and void with all repercussions that this may carry.

Article II - Mutual non-aggression

Singapore and Viniland hereby swear to a pact of mutual non-aggression. Neither nation shall attack or aid an attack on the other. This also includes all forms of direct or indirect aggression. From a direct declaration of war to indirect war outsourcing to third parties, from overt military operations to covert espionage attempts. The nations of Singapore and Viniland also pledge not to provide any aid to third parties in a state of war with either nations, as well as pledge to recognize the territorial sovereignty of each party.

Article III - Free Trade and Mobility

The nations of Singapore and Viniland agree to facilitate mutual trade and movement of personnel and goods between each other and have an open border policy, although the implementation of supervision and security at the discretion of either nation is allowed so long as it is acceptable, ergo, it does not significantly hamper the freedom of mobility. Tariffs for goods imported from either country shall not exist - thus a state of free trade existing between the two signatories.

Article IV - Violations

Should any form of transgression violate this agreement it should immediately be reported to the other side and the same transgression should be neutralized promptly through joint cooperation. Should any material damages be caused through such a transgression, Singapore and Viniland guarantee to compensate the damages to the victim if offender is one of their citizens. Should an offender fail to terminate hostilities once a transgression is identified, both nations agree to perform a joint disciplinary measure.

Article V

Both parties agree not to initiate hostilities towards third parties that the other signatory has a mutual defense pact with. Should such an event come to place, the mutual defense pact takes precedence and this agreement is to be considered null and void.

Signed for Regno de Vinilândia (Kingdom of Viniland):

Vicente d'Albuquerque, Monarch

Pasquale Bianchi, Prime Minister

Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs

The Vinilandese Parliament

Signed for Singapore:

Goh Chok Tong, President

Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister

Abdullah Tarmugi, Speaker of Parliament

Chan Sek Keong, Chief Judge

Edited by Lynneth

In the last days, the navy of Singapore has been expanded considerably. Originally numbering only some old and outdated corvettes and patrol boats, we can now proudly show the world our great navy.

First, there is the Formidable class frigate.

080415-N-7981E-071.jpg

A true masterpiece of technology, similarly to the other ships. We have 8 of these ships.

Next is an unmanned patrol boat, the Protector USV. USV means "Unmanned Surface Vehicle".

Protector_USV.jpg

Small, quick, and perfect to get pirates to leave our waters, that is the Protector. About 40 are in service, but more are being built.

Then we have the Bedok class mine countermeasures vessels. Those are made to keep our waters free from mines or, in the case of war, to protect our country with layers of mines in the ocean. Quite useful things, indeed. Four of those are currently in service.

RSS_MCV_01.jpg

Then the most modern of the modern, the Type 45 destroyer, also known as D- or Daring class. Lots of high tech is incorporated in that beauty, and from what I know, it's EMP-proof as well. That's impressive. Also, 8 of those are currently in service.

RSNDaring.jpg

Another highly advanced ship is the France Robinson class cruiser.

RSN_Cruiser4.png

Apparently, it's based on an Ardorian ship that's as the Khiang class in Singapore's service, made more stealthy and equipped with lots of high tech stuff, though it's also sized down. Five of this class are in service.

Let me show you what the Khiang class looks like.

SeaWolf_Cruiser.jpg

That one's bought from Ardoria, as said. Four of these are currently in service.

Last comes the Enterprise class carrier, seven of which are in service.

RSN_EnterpriseClass.jpg

Beautiful, no? It's one of the most modern carriers in existence, built by the Newsport News Shipyards, equipped by ST Marine and fielded by the RSN.

Lastly, we're supposed to get some submarines from the NPR, but they haven't delievered yet, so I unfortunately don't know much about them.

Our navy is 32 ships with fighting capabilities, 3 soon-to-be-delievered submarines, 4 anti-mine vessels (OOC: Don't count to navy imo, are unarmed) and 40+ patrol vessels. Quite nice, no?"

"Now, to the next topic: Industry.

In the last two, three days, today inclusive, dozens of new factories have opened their doors, having been built on reclaimed land in the southwest of our city. This will hopefully not only lower the unemployment, but also bring more people to our - already quite crowded - country. We'll just have to reclaim more land and build higher buildings, but we know our architecture. Our skyscrapers work like no others."

"The last thing for today is that some of our reserves are being called back into the army, for the usual training that happens once every few years for everyone. Approximately a fifth of the reserve personnel are currently being asked to report to the nearest army office so they can be assigned to their training ground. According to the chief of the defense force, Lt. Gen. Desmond Kuek Bak Chye, this is standard practice when a powerful country declares on a smaller one. He also said that, if he and the minister of defense actually feared that the war would spread, then more than half of the reserves would have been recalled, so there's no need to worry about these silly Nords coming to us. We don't have anything they could want, anyways.

That's all for today.

My name is Lee Run Hu. Thank you for watching."

Edited by Lynneth

As you may know, we are at war with the Greater Nordland Reich.

Because of this, you are asked to stay at high alert, always ready to proceed into the safety bunkers below the city. According to the Prime Minister, all measures have been taken in the unlikely but possible event that Nordland uses weapons of mass destruction. Should they fire their missiles, you have less than 4 hours to go to the shelters with important things such as food or light family treasures.

Do not take computers or the like with you, there are terminals within the bunkers that allow this. They are powered by below-ground nuclear plants.

Additionally ... "

What followed were the standard procedures that citizens would need to do in the case of a nuclear attack on the country. These procedures would ensure that as many people as possible would leave the country or go into the shelters in an as organised and calm manner as possible, that enough food was available, et cetera.

It was all part of the Total Defence plan of the Ministry of Defense.

*Classified*

As part of the Total Defence, the SDI was activated and made ready for the duration of the war.

Edited by Lynneth

The GNR has collapsed, the war has been won.

However, Visari launched numerous missiles before his cowardly suicide, though Prussia, which by that time had seceded from the GNR, shot most of these missiles down.

Currently, peace-talks are-"

The news-broadcaster was interrupted by someone off-screen. He got a piece of paper and began reading through it.

"Oh...Oh dear.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you hereby are advised to evacuate Singapore immediately. Do not proceed into the shelters, do not stay at home, leave the city in a swift but orderly manner. One of our nation's nuclear powerplant had a terrible accident and the government has activated emergency procedures for the time being.

However, this catastrophe may make our beautiful home uninhabitable. We may never be able to return here...But still. We all must leave on ships and over the bridges, into our neighbouring countries.

I and my colleagues will now leave, as well."

Approximately an hour later.

A public announcement by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

PM Lee stood on a podium, behind him the sea and, in the distance, Singapore's beautiful skyscrapers.

"My fellow countrymen. Today is, despite the victory over the Nords, a dark day for our country.

A nuclear powerplant had a catastrophic accident, which will, according to the Ministry of Energy, irradiate our home for decades to come, though volunteer workers in heavy anti-radiation equipment have already begun to build a "Sarcophagus" around the affected power plant. All other power generators will be shut down normally, so that no danger comes from those.

I ask our asian neighbours to take in my countrymen and care for them like you care for your own children. Under these circumstances, Singapore cannot possibly exist, and with a heavy heart I must dissolve our young country. We hope that the radiation will not affect our neighbours too much. Luckily, the wind is going into the northeast, so the worst will pass over only the Pulau island group and the southern tip of New Cymru, hopefully minimising the effect of the radiation in other countries.

I also ask that, if you are capable, please try to help and clean our country as good as you can,so that we may one day return to it.

Thank you, and farewell."

OOC: Well, Singapore was a short episode... <.<''

But there are things to do for which I have waited since I started here in CNRP.

Great things.

Unspeakable things.

Bavarian things!

Mwaaaahahahahahahahaaaa!

"This is a sad time for Singapore and the world. Anyone who needs a home, transport, food, anything, is welcome to contact us. We will greet you with open arms, and try our best to help you in this time of crisis." After Lavo said this, a few transports were sent out to Singapore, to bring refugees to where ever they wished to go. The Singaporian Armed Forces were offered amnesty, citizenship, and employment. The Singaporean Air Force's aircraft though, were, forcefully if needed, commandeered by the RA. The reasoning was that the risk of letting certain RA technology falling into the wrong hands is far too great.

The GNR has collapsed, the war has been won.

However, Visari launched numerous missiles before his cowardly suicide, though Prussia, which by that time had seceded from the GNR, shot most of these missiles down.

Currently, peace-talks are-"

The news-broadcaster was interrupted by someone off-screen. He got a piece of paper and began reading through it.

"Oh...Oh dear.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you hereby are advised to evacuate Singapore immediately. Do not proceed into the shelters, do not stay at home, leave the city in a swift but orderly manner. One of our nation's nuclear powerplant had a terrible accident and the government has activated emergency procedures for the time being.

However, this catastrophe may make our beautiful home uninhabitable. We may never be able to return here...But still. We all must leave on ships and over the bridges, into our neighbouring countries.

I and my colleagues will now leave, as well."

Approximately an hour later.

A public announcement by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

PM Lee stood on a podium, behind him the sea and, in the distance, Singapore's beautiful skyscrapers.

"My fellow countrymen. Today is, despite the victory over the Nords, a dark day for our country.

A nuclear powerplant had a catastrophic accident, which will, according to the Ministry of Energy, irradiate our home for decades to come, though volunteer workers in heavy anti-radiation equipment have already begun to build a "Sarcophagus" around the affected power plant. All other power generators will be shut down normally, so that no danger comes from those.

I ask our asian neighbours to take in my countrymen and care for them like you care for your own children. Under these circumstances, Singapore cannot possibly exist, and with a heavy heart I must dissolve our young country. We hope that the radiation will not affect our neighbours too much. Luckily, the wind is going into the northeast, so the worst will pass over only the Pulau island group and the southern tip of New Cymru, hopefully minimising the effect of the radiation in other countries.

I also ask that, if you are capable, please try to help and clean our country as good as you can,so that we may one day return to it.

Thank you, and farewell."

We are greatly saddened to hear about the collapse of a great nation that was Singapore. We know the region will be in good hands.

OOC: Well, Singapore was a short episode... <.<''

But there are things to do for which I have waited since I started here in CNRP.

Great things.

Unspeakable things.

Bavarian things!

Mwaaaahahahahahahahaaaa!

OOC:

>.>

<.<

>.>

Lucky you.

=3

Promised Land is sad to see such a young nation forced to fall so quickly.

Citizens of Singapore are welcome to immigrate to Promised Land.

We also formally move that the irradiated land be placed under the control of either Pax Pacifica or the Australasian Coalition until such a time as the radiation is cleaned and people can return to re-populate the island.

The Republic of Yawoo offers its fullest support in these trying times. Radation teams will be sent to the Republic's nearest islands bordering Singapore as well as Singapore itself to assist in radiation clean up. The Republic of Yawoo offers to accept any and all refugees and will provide a safe haven for any Singaporean that so wishes.

Edited by Yawoo

"This is a sad time for Singapore and the world. Anyone who needs a home, transport, food, anything, is welcome to contact us. We will greet you with open arms, and try our best to help you in this time of crisis." After Lavo said this, a few transports were sent out to Singapore, to bring refugees to where ever they wished to go. The Singaporian Armed Forces were offered amnesty, citizenship, and employment. The Singaporean Air Force's aircraft though, were, forcefully if needed, commandeered by the RA. The reasoning was that the risk of letting certain RA technology falling into the wrong hands is far too great.

Some of the Singaporean soldiers who were left in italy, greece and RA - excluding those trying to get into Bavaria - went to Rebel Army to try and live together with them. Roughly 180,000 men and the crews of 800 tanks (but without their tanks) would stay in Rebel Army, additionally to basically all air crews that were in RA at the time of Singapore's fall. Some of the people fleeing from Singapore would come to Rebel Army, as well, numbering about 210,000.

OOC: Like me and rockport. A little change of pace.

OOC:A change of pace and location. Indeed.

Promised Land is sad to see such a young nation forced to fall so quickly.

Citizens of Singapore are welcome to immigrate to Promised Land.

We also formally move that the irradiated land be placed under the control of either Pax Pacifica or the Australasian Coalition until such a time as the radiation is cleaned and people can return to re-populate the island.

Many Singaporean citizens would leave to Promised land, more than 2 of the roughly 16 million natives of Singapore going there.

The Republic of Yawoo offers its fullest support in these trying times. Radation teams will be sent to the Republic's nearest islands bordering Singapore as well as Singapore itself to assist in radiation clean up. The Republic of Yawoo offers to accept any and all refugees and will provide a safe haven for any Singaporean that so wishes.

As Yawoo was very close to Singapore, several million would try to find their luck there. This influx of highly educate population would produce unemployment but, if used well, could strengthen Yawoo's position as economic power in the region.

OOC: If tech didn't cost so goddamned much for me, I'd send you some to 'simulate' the influx of my people.

Alternatively, I could pay someone to give you 100 tech if you find someone who's willing to do that.

Many Singaporean citizens would leave to Promised land, more than 2 of the roughly 16 million natives of Singapore going there.

OOC: If tech didn't cost so goddamned much for me, I'd send you some to 'simulate' the influx of my people.

Alternatively, I could pay someone to give you 100 tech if you find someone who's willing to do that.

OOC: Nah, that's all right. But thanks for the offer. :)

IC: Just as in Yawoo, the sudden influx of such a large number of people would upset the economic balance, but if the situation were managed right, it would ultimately prove to be to everyone's benefit.