Nedland Deploys Troops To The Middle East

Ned the Great

Cochin will not become anybody's protectorate. Kingdom of Cochin shall make the unclaimed parts of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan into a Cochin Protectorate.
Rebel Army meant that all unclaimed territories bordering Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Cochin will be made into a protectorate. The rather confused way or writing has made Cochin mistake the intentions of RA.

This is what we meant, the RA apologizes for the confusion.

We understand that Rebel Army has sufficient strength to control the situation. We have no issues with Rebel Army taking control of the situation. But since it is in our neighborhood the Kingdom of Cochin shall be taking a greater interest in the matter.

This area is well within our Sphere of Influence, never mind our neighborhood. We would like to discuss your protectorate claims with you, as said area is an RA protectorate and was made such before your claims.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chairman Vortex, back from vacation, does a video conference with all the interested parties, "Easy solution fellas. Joint Protectorate, lessens the labor off both your backs. After all, the Bloc and RA have very good relations and there should be no issue with our troops working together to make sure this region is safe for all. I'm quite content to let the RA handle it alone if they feel up to the task. We just ask, given the proximity of this protectorate to our region, that if you are going to let a government rise there you consult us just to make sure it's in everyone's best interest."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

*Email From President Ned To Various World Leaders. 2:49 PM, June 3rd, 2009*

Dear leaders of the world,

Through this invasion, Nedland is not attempting to become an imperialist power. We will release Tazernostan from our control once the terrorist threat is defeated. In fact, the strongly anti-imperialist Communist Party of Tazernostan's Chairman, Nasser Al Hassana (once a strong anti-Nedite) has announced that he supports the invasion. I personally consider myself an anti-imperialist and I could never support an invasion simply for economic or political reasons

In reply to Rebel Army's warning, we reply that we will be more than happy to pull out if they can handle the situation. However, considering that there is already a large amount of Nedite forces fighting the terrorists in Tazernostan, it could take up to a month at the most to pull them all out. However, we ask Rebel Army if they would consider a joint occupation to stop the terrorists. That way, we will be able to pull a large amount of our forces and order will be restored to the region.

However, we are willing to pull our troops out without a joint occupation if Rebel Army still wishes that... Just note that it will take more than 42 hours.

In response to the claims that AL GEBRA doesn't exist, we present this document:

[color="#FF0000"][u][b]Classified Document 10000227[/b][/u][/color]

My investigation of the activities of Gustav Armag's mercenary group has proved undeniably that the mercenary group was hired by a Consortium of various powers interested in overthrowing Nedland, among them being the corporations Walmart, McDonald's, and Disney; and the Ku Klux Klan, World Anarchy Front, and the Tazernostan Islamist Group, Al Gebra. Evidence of these are shown in donations via checks and bank accounts, and printed conversations with the leaderships of these organizations. These records are enclosed in the file... (Several records of the above groups supporting Armag's mercenary group are shown in the file.)

*OOC: This document is marked with the symbol of the Central Investigation Bureau of Nedland (also known as the Red Police).*

IC: Thanks,

President Edward Bartowski III of the Republic of Nedland

OOC: Sorry for not pointing it out beforehand, but this was meant to be a joke :P . AL GEBRA is algebra, and they have weapons of math instruction.

In addition, this is also meant to be a backround to two RP's I'm going to do soon in the future. I have my reasons for this invasion, and they will be revealed in those RP's.

Also, I'll get a mod to change the title of the thread.

Edited by Ned the Great

This is what we meant, the RA apologizes for the confusion.

This area is well within our Sphere of Influence, never mind our neighborhood. We would like to discuss your protectorate claims with you, as said area is an RA protectorate and was made such before your claims.

The Kingdom of Cochin is willing to discuss modalities of a joint protectorate. Please tell us which areas are Rebel Army protectorate and I shall edit out my protectorate regions accordingly.

Kingdom of Cochin thanks the Rebel Army for their understanding and cooperation.

Chairman Vortex, back from vacation, does a video conference with all the interested parties, "Easy solution fellas. Joint Protectorate, lessens the labor off both your backs. After all, the Bloc and RA have very good relations and there should be no issue with our troops working together to make sure this region is safe for all. I'm quite content to let the RA handle it alone if they feel up to the task. We just ask, given the proximity of this protectorate to our region, that if you are going to let a government rise there you consult us just to make sure it's in everyone's best interest."

"We were planning to suggest a joint protectorate (for part of the area anyways), even though we can easily support the whole area."

In reply to Rebel Army's warning, we reply that we will be more than happy to pull out if they can handle the situation. However, considering that there is already a large amount of Nedite forces fighting the terrorists in Tazernostan, it could take up to a month at the most to pull them all out. However, we ask Rebel Army if they would consider a joint occupation to stop the terrorists. That way, we will be able to pull a large amount of our forces and order will be restored to the region.

You seem to be very adapt at pulling things out of your rear end. While we do not deny that underground groups exist (unless you are an extremely authoritarian or open society, and even then, they always are a few) large terror organizations and specifically Al Gerba does not exist. Attached is a file on the known underground organizations in the area, the majority of whom are a shell of what they were before the rise of the RA.

Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Al Ghurabaa, Islamic Jihad Union, Babbar Khalsa International, and the Afghani Mafia

As for withdrawal, we understand that it will take awhile for you to pull out, just start doing so ASAP.

The Kingdom of Cochin is willing to discuss modalities of a joint protectorate. Please tell us which areas are Rebel Army protectorate and I shall edit out my protectorate regions accordingly.

Kingdom of Cochin thanks the Rebel Army for their understanding and cooperation.

The entire unclaimed area between our nations is an RA Protectorate, and has been such before your claims. Would it be acceptable to make the area Cochin has claimed as a protectorate a joint RA-Cochin Protectorate?

As well, 200 000 RA troops are being sent into the new Rebel Army Protectorate Region as we speak.

Edited by Lavo_2

You seem to be very adapt at pulling things out of your rear end. While we do not deny that underground groups exist (unless you are an extremely authoritarian or open society, and even then, they always are a few) large terror organizations and specifically Al Gerba does not exist. Attached is a file on the known underground organizations in the area, the majority of whom are a shell of what they were before the rise of the RA.

You did not reply to our offer of a joint occupation. If you oppose this idea, then we will pull out so long as you go in.

OOC: If it was a joke, why'd you claim the protectorate in the map thread?

IC:

We urge Nedland to pull out before the current ultimatum expires. You have no business here, especially when annexing land as a protectorate that is already a protectorate of a much larger, more stable and closer nation. What's more, you as an American nation have no business claiming this as a protectorate in the first place.

OOC: If it was a joke, why'd you claim the protectorate in the map thread?

IC:

We urge Nedland to pull out before the current ultimatum expires. You have no business here, especially when annexing land as a protectorate that is already a protectorate of a much larger, more stable and closer nation. What's more, you as an American nation have no business claiming this as a protectorate in the first place.

OOC: Because it is a joke, but it is also canon :awesome: .

IC: Alright, due to the fact that Nedland's own citizens are angry about this, we have decided to pull out in the near future. However, it will take some time to pull out, so we will work with Rebel Army to establish a timetable for removal of Nedite troops while Rebel Army troops replace them.

Breaking News

Politics

Minor Riot In Nedopolis

NEDOPOLIS - The mixed feelings regarding the Nedite invasion of Tazernostan yesterday exploded in the streets of Nedopolis today. At noon, a demonstration of citizens against Nedland's invasion of Tazernostan was met by a counter-demonstration of Nedites supporting the war. As the two sides screamed at each other, they grew increasingly angry. Finally, in Pizza, Casserole, and Egg Park, a restaurant where members of the opposing protesters were eating, a food fight started that soon spilled out into the streets, igniting a minor riot. The protesters went crazy and attacked each other and their surroundings. Estimates say that around $5,000 of damage occured and 23 people were wounded. The riot, after lasting about an hour, was finally stopped when riot police were deployed to the scene. Witnesses say that around 50 people were arrested for their roles in the riot.

President Ned has announced in response to this riot and to international disapproval that he will be withdrawing troops from Tazernostan soon. However, he has not yet announced a timetable for the withdrawal. It is suspected that he wishes to speak to the leadership of Rebel Army about this withdrawal, as several Nedite citizens were recently taken captive by terrorists in Tazernostan. In addition, Ned says that a sudden troop withdrawal will be impossible due to the instability of the region.

"It will take us two weeks at the least to withdraw completely out of Tazernostan. We hope that Rebel Army will understand." - President Edward "Ned the Great" Bartowski

OOC: Can you let some of my troops stay in just long enough for my RP to get started?

OOC: Like I said, I understand it'll take time to get out (and thus you have it), just start sooner rather then later. :P IC:

***Classified to Nedland***

Seeing as several Nedite civilians have been taken hostage, we will be sending in specops commandos to rescue them and get them back to Nedland. Do you perchance have a list and estimated location of said foreign nationals?

OOC: Like I said, I understand it'll take time to get out (and thus you have it), just start sooner rather then later. :P IC:

***Classified to Nedland***

Seeing as several Nedite civilians have been taken hostage, we will be sending in specops commandos to rescue them and get them back to Nedland. Do you perchance have a list and estimated location of said foreign nationals?

We do, but we'd like to rescue them ourselves. Our Special Forces teams will be deployed to rescue the citizens soon. Thanks for the offer, though.

We do, but we'd like to rescue them ourselves. Our Special Forces teams will be deployed to rescue the citizens soon. Thanks for the offer, though.

It wasn't an offer. Ether you give us the names, or we'll do so without the help. The faster these people are rescued the faster your Special Forces are out of the area, or don't even have to land.

It wasn't an offer. Ether you give us the names, or we'll do so without the help. The faster these people are rescued the faster your Special Forces are out of the area, or don't even have to land.

Alright, I guess that you can free them if you want to.

*Relays locations and names to Rebel Army Leadership.*

Update: Actually, we have recently discovered that most of the rescue operations have already been successfully conducted. Most of the 200 Nedite civilians held hostage were rescued. However, a few more are still held captive. We wish you luck in successfully freeing them.

Edited by Ned the Great

The entire unclaimed area between our nations is an RA Protectorate, and has been such before your claims. Would it be acceptable to make the area Cochin has claimed as a protectorate a joint RA-Cochin Protectorate?

As well, 200 000 RA troops are being sent into the new Rebel Army Protectorate Region as we speak.

Yes we are acceptable to a joint protectorate in those regions. The 156,100 strong Royal Cochin Army detachment currently stationed in the protectorate region have been ordered to cooperate with the Rebel Army units. RF23's integrated AWACS units have been ordered to maintain contact with RA Air force units.

Alright, I guess that you can free them if you want to.

*Relays locations and names to Rebel Army Leadership.*

Update: Actually, we have recently discovered that most of the rescue operations have already been successfully conducted. Most of the 200 Nedite civilians held hostage were rescued. However, a few more are still held captive. We wish you luck in successfully freeing them.

First you invade their land.

Then you call them terrorists.

They reply by taking some of your people hostages, wise move on their part given their options were limited, and now you want them cut down like animals?

These are a simple people who you have offended. I do believe that if you apologize in person and agree to pay a reasonable restitution for your acts of aggression they'll release these hostages. Take it for the lesson that it is should be and take more care next time when attempting to paint another culture with your own blind nationalistic tripe.

To Rebel Army:

Please hold fire on these peoples and allow negotiations take place. They were the ones attacked and they retaliated in the best way possible under very trying circumstances. We all know how it feels to be proud of our country and our heritage but do we need to dismiss the same pride and same willingness to defend our homes in others as acts of terror?

Who were the original terrorists the goat herders of Afghanistan who could not project their force farther than the end of their own village or the forces of Nedland who flew halfway around the world to terrorize several groups of less advanced pastoral tribesmen?

First you invade their land.

Then you call them terrorists.

They reply by taking some of your people hostages, wise move on their part given their options were limited, and now you want them cut down like animals?

These are a simple people who you have offended. I do believe that if you apologize in person and agree to pay a reasonable restitution for your acts of aggression they'll release these hostages. Take it for the lesson that it is should be and take more care next time when attempting to paint another culture with your own blind nationalistic tripe.

To Rebel Army:

Please hold fire on these peoples and allow negotiations take place. They were the ones attacked and they retaliated in the best way possible under very trying circumstances. We all know how it feels to be proud of our country and our heritage but do we need to dismiss the same pride and same willingness to defend our homes in others as acts of terror?

Who were the original terrorists the goat herders of Afghanistan who could not project their force farther than the end of their own village or the forces of Nedland who flew halfway around the world to terrorize several groups of less advanced pastoral tribesmen?

The following is a quote from Nasser Al Hassana, the leader of the Communist Party of Tazernostan:

"Nedland is not the agressor here. Al Gebra has attacked Nedland, may I remind you, and in addition they have ravaged our land for a year now. Just a week ago, Al Gebra forces attacked a local village here and killed every single one of its five hundred residents; men, women, and children; who's only crime was for allowing a Nedite journalist into their village. This sort of agression has gone on for months. In fact, while I used to be opposed to Nedite involvement here, I now see that they should have come in sooner.

"In addition, the intent of the invasion was never to conquer Tazernostan. It was to stop Al Gebra's ruthless attacks upon us and Nedland. I know this because I was the person who requested the invasion in the first place! I say that all of the national leaders who are criticizing Nedland should learn the real situation before they attack Nedland as an 'imperialist' nation. Nedland's intervention is the best chance for our nation to remain free."

President Ned of Nedland, however, has announced this:

"I formally apologize for all of the innocent lives lost in the war against Al Gebra in Tazernostan. Repartitions will be avaliable for all families who lost relatives in the war.

He also directed a question at Rebel Army:

"How can you deny the existence of Al Gebra when we have provided you with documents that prove that the group indeed does exist?"

Edited by Ned the Great

The following is a quote from Nasser Al Hassana, the leader of the Communist Party of Tazernostan:

"Nedland is not the agressor here. Al Gebra has attacked Nedland, may I remind you, and in addition they have ravaged our land for years. Just a week ago, Al Gebra forces attacked a local village here and killed every single one of its five hundred residents; men, women, and children; who's only crime was for allowing a Nedite journalist into their village. This sort of agression has gone on for years. In fact, while I used to be opposed to Nedite involvement here, I now see that they should have come in sooner.

If it has gone on for years, why wait until now to do something about it? Why is it that the international community has no idea that it existed?

"In addition, the intent of the invasion was never to conquer Tazernostan. It was to stop Al Gebra's ruthless attacks upon us and Nedland. I know this because I was the person who requested the invasion in the first place! I say that all of the national leaders who are criticizing Nedland should learn the real situation before they attack Nedland as an 'imperialist' nation. Nedland's intervention is the best chance for our nation to remain free."

I fail to see how simple tribesmen without a real government were attacking Nedland, and why they would choose Nedland of all nations, when Marscurian Pakistan, Rebel Army, Cochin, and several other nations are closer and seemingly more threatening.

President Ned of Nedland, however, has announced this:

"I formally apologize for all of the innocent lives lost in the war against Al Gebra in Tazernostan. Repartitions will be avaliable for all families who lost relatives in the war.

He also directed a question at Rebel Army:

"How can you deny the existence of Al Gebra when we have provided you with documents that prove that the group indeed does exist?"

Money is no way to compensate for the deaths of innocents.

And documents can be fabricated.

If it has gone on for years, why wait until now to do something about it? Why is it that the international community has no idea that it existed?

I fail to see how simple tribesmen without a real government were attacking Nedland, and why they would choose Nedland of all nations, when Marscurian Pakistan, Rebel Army, Cochin, and several other nations are closer and seemingly more threatening.

Money is no way to compensate for the deaths of innocents.

And documents can be fabricated.

President Ned and Al Hassana have replied to these statements:

"Nedland has tried to stop Al Gebra in the past using monetary support. Nedland is taking drastic actions now because it was revealed that Al Gebra was behind a shoe attack on President Ned. The shoe that was thrown at Ned had a bomb within it. As a result, Ned is drastically increasing military activity in the area. Also, Nedland has had military advisors here to help us fight Al Gebra for a decade.

"Also, Al Gebra does have a government. It is an Islamist terrorist group which seeks to imitate the Taliban.

"In addition, Al Gebra has targeted Nedland because Nedland is not a very large nation, and was deemed not close enough to Tazernostan to react. In addition, Nedland's President, Edward "Ned" Bartowski, is a zionist and a well known opponent of Islamism. Perhaps this was Al Gebra's attempt to make themselves known to the world. They were previously unknown because they mostly relyed on low profile massacres of small villages, and they killed off anyone who tried to report on the massacres. However, they've recently been gaining power, and wanted to show off with an attack on Nedland. However, as they've found out, they've bitten off more than they can chew." - Nasser Al Hassana

"I know that money is no way to repay families who have lost relatives, but what else can we do? Since we have destroyed much of Al Gebra by now, the war is winding down (although Al Gebra still holds out in a few places), and less people are dying now.

"You have no evidence that the documents were fabricated. We have no reason to fabricate them. As I've said before, we'll be more than happy to get out of Tazernostan once our national security is confirmed. I am going to apply Occam's Razor right now. Which hypothesis has less contradictions and complications? That my administration faked the documents, or that we did not fake the documents and there really is a terrorist group called Al Gebra which wishes to destroy my nation?" - President Ned

Edited by Ned the Great

President Ned and Al Hassana have replied to these statements:

"Nedland has tried to stop Al Gebra in the past using monetary support. Nedland is taking drastic actions now because it was revealed that Al Gebra was behind a shoe attack on President Ned. The shoe that was thrown at Ned had a bomb within it. As a result, Ned is drastically increasing military activity in the area. Also, Nedland has had military advisors here to help us fight Al Gebra for a decade.

"Also, Al Gebra does have a government. It is an Islamist terrorist group which seeks to imitate the Taliban.

"In addition, Al Gebra has targeted Nedland because Nedland is not a very large nation, and was deemed not close enough to Tazernostan to react. In addition, Nedland's President, Edward "Ned" Bartowski, is a zionist and a well known opponent of Islamism. Perhaps this was Al Gebra's attempt to make themselves known to the world. They were previously unknown because they mostly relyed on low profile massacres of small villages, and they killed off anyone who tried to report on the massacres. However, they've recently been gaining power, and wanted to show off with an attack on Nedland. However, as they've found out, they've bitten off more than they can chew." - Nasser Al Hassana

"I know that money is no way to repay families who have lost relatives, but what else can we do? Since we have destroyed much of Al Gebra by now, the war is winding down (although Al Gebra still holds out in a few places), and less people are dying now.

"You have no evidence that the documents were fabricated. We have no reason to fabricate them. As I've said before, we'll be more than happy to get out of Tazernostan once our national security is confirmed. I am going to apply Occam's Razor right now. Which hypothesis has less contradictions and complications? That my administration faked the documents, or that we did not fake the documents and there really is a terrorist group called Al Gebra which wishes to destroy my nation?" - President Ned

To Al Hassana

"Your ignorance is betrayed by the fact that you don't even know the name of the religion of the region. Islamism is not a religion. Islam is. There are no Islamists, only Muslims. There are no Islamist governments, only Islamic. Odds are if you know not the name, you know not the customs, the people, or their culture. Your argument makes the Nedlandic invasion of the Middle East seem like an ignorant crusade.

"Now, assuming that Al Gebra does exist, you can see that you are only feeding a never ending cycle. You wronged Al Gebra by funding their opponents. They responded by throwing a shoe at your president. You responded by invading their homeland. Expect them to respond tenfold for that. If you think Al Gebra will forget this act, you are wrong. God forbid you stop to think what it is you did wrong.

"Back on the religion note. Because Al Gebra's members happen to be mostly Muslim, you will claim that Islam is evil and occupy their lands? So what if you're a Zionist? Afghans have the right to their own religion, culture, and thoughts. Are they different? Yes. Are they wrong? No, for there is no wrong religion.

"And how's this for a reason of violence by Al Gebra: You are anti-Islam, and they fear persecution of their brothers of the faith. Equality of religion is the solution.

"As said before, you are invading a land that you know nothing of. You do not know the political climate. You do not know the religion. You do not know the cultures or customs. This is imperialism in it's purest form."

To President Ned

"Those deaths only occurred because Nedland intervened. This is not your continent. This is not even your hemisphere. Watch; the casualties will decrease as Nedland withdraws because 'Al Gebra' will have no more reason for it. The casualties will vanish altogether if they know their bretheren in Nedland are not being persecuted.

"You have no evidence that they are not fabricated. You have plenty of reason to fabricate them: recognition and support.

"You can ensure your national security by staying in your own nation. Would it be right for me to invade another nation because I felt it would secure my nation? No, that would be imperialism. I would be no better than the old German Empire, who waged war across Europe. If I feel my nation needs to be secured, our internal defenses will be strengthened, because that only makes sense.

"I'd say the former, that you forged the documents, is less contradictory. Why?

1. Local powers that surround Afghanistan, such as Cochin, Marscurian Pakistan, and Rebel Army, have not noticed movements by Al Gebra. I personally trust the intel gathered by nations within a thousand miles of the area than one across the globe.

2. You have not let it be known beforehand that an organization was terrorizing your nation.

3. Al Gebra would have made their motive clear already.

4. Furthermore, even the name of your 'organization' is a sign of falsehood. Al Gebra, algebra. The same word, but with a space in it to make it sound evil like Al Qaida.

5. All of the supposed attacks on your nation are plays off of historic events.

6. You knew that your nation would become more noticed if you occupied land in the Middle East.

Your story is more transparent than glass."

-President Jason R. Drake

To Al Hassana

"Your ignorance is betrayed by the fact that you don't even know the name of the religion of the region. Islamism is not a religion. Islam is. There are no Islamists, only Muslims. There are no Islamist governments, only Islamic. Odds are if you know not the name, you know not the customs, the people, or their culture. Your argument makes the Nedlandic invasion of the Middle East seem like an ignorant crusade.

"Now, assuming that Al Gebra does exist, you can see that you are only feeding a never ending cycle. You wronged Al Gebra by funding their opponents. They responded by throwing a shoe at your president. You responded by invading their homeland. Expect them to respond tenfold for that. If you think Al Gebra will forget this act, you are wrong. God forbid you stop to think what it is you did wrong.

"Back on the religion note. Because Al Gebra's members happen to be mostly Muslim, you will claim that Islam is evil and occupy their lands? So what if you're a Zionist? Afghans have the right to their own religion, culture, and thoughts. Are they different? Yes. Are they wrong? No, for there is no wrong religion.

"And how's this for a reason of violence by Al Gebra: You are anti-Islam, and they fear persecution of their brothers of the faith. Equality of religion is the solution.

"As said before, you are invading a land that you know nothing of. You do not know the political climate. You do not know the religion. You do not know the cultures or customs. This is imperialism in it's purest form."

To President Ned

"Those deaths only occurred because Nedland intervened. This is not your continent. This is not even your hemisphere. Watch; the casualties will decrease as Nedland withdraws because 'Al Gebra' will have no more reason for it. The casualties will vanish altogether if they know their bretheren in Nedland are not being persecuted.

"You have no evidence that they are not fabricated. You have plenty of reason to fabricate them: recognition and support.

"You can ensure your national security by staying in your own nation. Would it be right for me to invade another nation because I felt it would secure my nation? No, that would be imperialism. I would be no better than the old German Empire, who waged war across Europe. If I feel my nation needs to be secured, our internal defenses will be strengthened, because that only makes sense.

"I'd say the former, that you forged the documents, is less contradictory. Why?

1. Local powers that surround Afghanistan, such as Cochin, Marscurian Pakistan, and Rebel Army, have not noticed movements by Al Gebra. I personally trust the intel gathered by nations within a thousand miles of the area than one across the globe.

2. You have not let it be known beforehand that an organization was terrorizing your nation.

3. Al Gebra would have made their motive clear already.

4. Furthermore, even the name of your 'organization' is a sign of falsehood. Al Gebra, algebra. The same word, but with a space in it to make it sound evil like Al Qaida.

5. All of the supposed attacks on your nation are plays off of historic events.

6. You knew that your nation would become more noticed if you occupied land in the Middle East.

Your story is more transparent than glass."

-President Jason R. Drake

Al Hassana's reply:

"Err, President Drake, I would like to show you this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist

It pretty much destroys your claims about my 'ignorance.' I'd also like you to note that I wouldn't have a computer to find out this information unless the Nedites had brought computers over here during the advisory stage...

"Also, I do not understand your accusation of intolerance against Muslims. I am a moderate Muslim, I simply object to it being used to justify persecutions and genocide and other horrors.

"Finally, I am personally not a zionist, President Ned is. I think that your messages to each of us have gotten mixed up."

President Ned's reply:

"I recognize that my invasion has caused needless deaths, and that is one of the reasons why I am pulling out troops. I feel very guilty about this matter.

"In addition, I'm not intolerant of Muslims. I simply oppose Islamism. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? The small population of Muslims here in Nedland are free to practice their religion. As a socialist, I'd be a hypocrite if I opposed Muslim equality.

"As for no evidence that they aren't fabricated, you can't prove a negative. For example, I can say that there are two invisible unicorns running around my office, and you can't prove that they aren't there. I have to prove that they are there for them to be worth believing in.

"As for Al Gebra, I will debunk your claims one by one:

- If Nedland fabricated the claims for recognition and support, then why did we invade in the first place. We were aware of the negative reaction we would recieve (although it was more negative than we thought it would be). In addition, Nedland is already recognized as a nation, so we wouldn't need to invade this to become recognized.

- We funded Al Gebra as part of my campaign against Islamism. I oppose theocracy in all of its forms, so I view this as justified.

- I can not explain how the local powers that did not notice Al Gebra. It is a very odd occurance in my eyes as well.

- I did tell about the attacks beforehand. You must have missed them.

- It's simply a coincidence that Al Gebra sounds like Algebra.

- The historical events probably inspired the way that the attacks were carried out.

- I did know that we would become more noticed. However, not in a good way, which is why I was hesitant in starting the invasion.

"In conclusion, I admit that you do have many good points about the invasion. It was probably a bad idea, and I'm glad that we are getting out of it. However, I would like my critics to get the facts that they are criticizing straight when the criticize me." - President Ned

OOC: I'm not sure if you realized this, but Al Gebra was intended as a joke name :D .

Edited by Ned the Great

- If Nedland fabricated the claims for recognition and support, then why did we invade in the first place. We were aware of the negative reaction we would recieve (although it was more negative than we thought it would be). In addition, Nedland is already recognized as a nation, so we wouldn't need to invade this to become recognized.

- We funded Al Gebra as part of my campaign against Islamism. I oppose theocracy in all of its forms, so I view this as justified.

- I can not explain how the local powers that did not notice Al Gebra. It is a very odd occurance in my eyes as well.

- I did tell about the attacks beforehand. You must have missed them.

- It's simply a coincidence that Al Gebra sounds like Algebra.

- The historical events probably inspired the way that the attacks were carried out.

- I did know that we would become more noticed. However, not in a good way, which is why I was hesitant in starting the invasion.

Let us break down your counters to sir Drake's wonderful argument.

-You get your recognition as a solid and respectable military power. For certain nations, a PR hit in order to be viewed as a stronger nation and thus are respected/feared more on the international stage and during talks. Nedland's PR has traditionally been very good, but it's military capabilities are unknown and often times disregarded, until this war.

-So you funded terrorists that you now hate? Very smart.

-We don't notice them because they do not exist. By all means, continue to spread lies and slander, it will only make you look even more foolish.

-Al Gebra is not an Arabic name, nor does it bear any meaning. If anything, it is a pathetic attempt by your nation to make up an Arabic name.

-What historical events do you speak of?

-Actually, it would've been in a good way, the my first point.

OOC: Also, I'm calling you out on RPing another nation's citizens. I can't see how you can RP people from Afghanistan unless you've taken them prisoner/are forcing them to speak for you, and even then...

The Republic of Free Somal condemns Nedland's attempt to pin the blame on others for their own irresponsible actions. Further, the Republic of Free Somal will be calling upon the leaders of the world to voluntarily enact an embargo against the citizens of Nedland until such a time that the government of Nedland agrees to compensate the people of Afghanistan for the suffering they've endured at the hands of Nedland's forces.

We request that Nedland set aside no less than 2.2 billion in funds to go towards the development of roads, schools, and hospitals to be monitored jointly by the Rebel Army and the Kingdom of Cochin. Further, we request that for every man, woman, and child injured or murdered by the forces of Nedland that a cash settlement be made of 1 million to be distributed by the Kingdom of Cochin and the Rebel Army.

Last, we feel Nedland must apologize to the people of Afghanistan for spreading lies, fabricating hurtful propaganda, and attempting to manipulate the world's opinion against them.

Edited by Firestorm