Antarctican Expansion

Franz Ferdinand

"Citizens of Lübeck, it is time that we help improve the welfare of the animals of Antarctica, therefore, we wish to express that we shall be expanding our claims in Antarctica to a more reasonable level. We have already started populating the area with some more scientists, and work on creating more research stations has begun!"

Announcement to the World

Hello, fellow world citizens, we are to announce our natural growth of land into Antarctica, to help preserve the flora and fauna which presides there. We assure you, this is nothing to worry about, yet we are just making sure that you are all made aware of this, so no unfortunate incidents may arise. Attached, you may find our new Antarctican claims...

lbeckantarctica.png

...we shall make it our mission to discover more about the world than has ever been learnt before. For now, we bid you farewell!"

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There comes a time when a nation and more importantly a nation's leader must take steps that they feel will strengthen their people regardless of what view others may make of them. Now is such a time for the Helzan and for its leader Valerie. By the order of Valerie, High General of the Helzan the lands of the Helzan will be increased ten fold to cover the below territory so that the people of Helzan can spread out and enjoy better comforts thanks to the greater budget avaliable as well as in thakns to the treaty with Lübeck. Helzan forces and civilians are even now being flown out to the designated areas to establish new cities and towns to hold our people as well as to settle into the territory given to us. That is all.

helzaexpansionedit.png

Helzan's new territory.

The Unites States would like to remind all nations that we still have a research station on Berkner Island and that Berkner Island still belongs to us.

Please provide imagery evidance of this or some document that shows you do infact claim this land.

OOC: In otherwords could you circle the island in question so I know which one you are talking about.

Please provide imagery evidance of this or some document that shows you do infact claim this land.

OOC: In otherwords could you circle the island in question so I know which one you are talking about.

berkner.png

I believe this is what he is referring to.

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

Neither of your nations can support such claims, and indeed I fear you shall both lose your grip on them in the near future.

OOC: You can't claim white land outside your SoI

OOC: You can if you RP it and as I have already said I have dispatched troops and civilians to set up twons and stations along the way.

OOC: You can if you RP it and as I have already said I have dispatched troops and civilians to set up twons and stations along the way.
OOC: You can if you RP it, I believe that rule only applies to new nations making their initial claim.

OOC: No, go check the Op of the map thread. You can only obtain land outside your SoI by capturing it in war, or legitimate IC land exchange with the current owner. You can make as many and as much claims of white land and Rp obtaining it with no effort if it is inside your SoI, but outside, you will have to fight or talk for it.

OOC: No, go check the Op of the map thread. You can only obtain land outside your SoI by capturing it in war, or legitimate IC land exchange with the current owner. You can make as many and as much claims of white land and Rp obtaining it with no effort if it is inside your SoI, but outside, you will have to fight or talk for it.

OOC: Please expand on this.

OOC: No no and no if I roleplay my troops moving into unclaimed, unoccupied land then they are there and nothing can stop me as I have roleplayed them moving in. Unless of course you are telling us when we can and cant RP.

berkner.png

I believe this is what he is referring to.

That map would be correct. As long as the sovereignty of the United States is not infringed upon (ie. don't go there and try to claim it from us), we will not make any fuss.

Edited by Raritan

We would never stoop to such low levels, you can trust us on that.

The same stands for the Helzan, whilst we had no intention to claim the island before now that we know it has already been claimed we will defiantly not be claiming it.

OOC: No no and no if I roleplay my troops moving into unclaimed, unoccupied land then they are there and nothing can stop me as I have roleplayed them moving in. Unless of course you are telling us when we can and cant RP.

OOC: I have to echo his sentiments here seeing as no one in their right mind is actually going to fight him for Antarctica, and there is no one to talk to about it because no one wants it. Hell, his troops are the only people in the highlighted territory as there's no indigenous people in Antarctica. It really is as easy as shipping troops in this time.

Edited by hawk_11

OOC: I have to echo his sentiments here seeing as no one in their right mind is actually going to fight him for Antarctica, and there is no one to talk to about it because no one wants it. Hell, his troops are the only people in the highlighted territory as there's no indigenous people in Antarctica. It really is as easy as shipping troops in this time.

OOC: Well if neccessary I am ready to declare war on the penguins if I need to.

OOC: The only real issue would be the distance that he would need to travel to get from one end to another, yet I'm sure he'd have a way of doing it. My expansion is pretty much easy to manage, as it is in close proximity to the mainland. With nobody occupying the land, nobody can really fight for it, yet the thing preventing excessive expansion, is that it can result in being too overstretched.

OOC: The only real issue would be the distance that he would need to travel to get from one end to another, yet I'm sure he'd have a way of doing it. My expansion is pretty much easy to manage, as it is in close proximity to the mainland. With nobody occupying the land, nobody can really fight for it, yet the thing preventing excessive expansion, is that it can result in being too overstretched.

OOC: Well as I did say in my IC post the land will remain mostly untouched with a few new towns placed along the territory with way stations for travellers to stop at dotted along the way.

OOC: Well as I did say in my IC post the land will remain mostly untouched with a few new towns placed along the territory with way stations for travellers to stop at dotted along the way.

OOC: I beleive the measure is there to ensure that there is generally going to be open land. Its a fairness issue.

OOC: I beleive the measure is there to ensure that there is generally going to be open land. Its a fairness issue.

OOC: How is there an issue over a giant block of ice? Can you imagine that argument?

"I want his near lifeless territory with a population of 2 penguins!"

That rule need only apply if the area has people, resources, or strategic value. No one goes to Antarctica!

OOC: Hmm whilst I understand that if I IC move my troops into an area and claim the area you would have to IC move in and stop me. If I had just posted in the World map that I was claiming it then yes OOC you could stop me but as I have made IC actions you have to stop me IC if you disagree with it.

OOC: Kevz I'm going to have to call folly on that expansion. You're smaller than me and you just claimed land 3 times the total size of dranagg, and I include the Ross Sea in my nation size :v:. If you take that you own almost a third of Antarctica, certainly almost all of the remaining west Antarctica land. Or about as much land as Promised Land does.

Plus isn't your army extremely small now? even with your entire (intact) army you'd never be able to claim all that land.

However if you want an IC move to stop you I have troops squating on your border still. That would be a fast break.

OOC: Kevz I'm going to have to call folly on that expansion. You're smaller than me and you just claimed land 3 times the total size of dranagg, and I include the Ross Sea in my nation size :v:. If you take that you own almost a third of Antarctica, certainly almost all of the remaining west Antarctica land. Or about as much land as Promised Land does.

Plus isn't your army extremely small now? even with your entire (intact) army you'd never be able to claim all that land.

However if you want an IC move to stop you I have troops squating on your border still. That would be a fast break.

OOC: This would be very entertaining to watch.

OOC: How is there an issue over a giant block of ice? Can you imagine that argument?

"I want his near lifeless territory with a population of 2 penguins!"

That rule need only apply if the area has people, resources, or strategic value. No one goes to Antarctica!

OOC: Land is land, while pixels on the map don't really mean anything some people still covet trying to get as many of them as possible. Antarctica is essentially the safety valve when the rest of the RP fills up new players can still claim there.

Edited by iamthey