IRON Surrenders

As for making a war "worth it", I repeat, what is the point of war if the winner is left devastated as well? Reparations are the award that the winners receive plain and simple.

So winning just isn't enough? Also what entitles you to so much more then the other alliances? Obviously many did a very honorable thing by not requesting any but had each requested the same amount you got that would have been excessive in almost everyone's book. Asking for large reps just because you can is part of the mind set I hope this war will end.

Lets be honest here, this isn't just about getting a reward for winning. It's punishing IRON for their past which makes me really wonder why ROK, who has fought along side the NPO and to my knowledge never been wronged by IRON deserve to receive those reps. A better solution would be to spread them out among the alliances recently stomped by IRON as they, not you, have suffered in the past.

That said my respect for the rest of the allainces who gave peace, esspecally those who waved the right for reps, as IRON has done in the past, have gained much respect in my eye's.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've learned a lesson today.

"Don't get attacked by IRON, and then beat their asses, because they and their cronies will !@#$%* all bloody day and all bloody night."

Yeah, that's the right attitude. You beat their asses, as indicated by your comrade claiming you needed the reps to rebuild.

Yeah, that's the right attitude. You beat their asses, as indicated by your comrade claiming you needed the reps to rebuild.

Yeah they "beat them" with the help of many other alliances. Alliances who apparently can rebuild just fine without reps. That's fine though, ROK can enjoy their money. I'd rather make a new friend of IRON's caliber over reps any day.

Hahaha. If you need reps to help rebuild AND you think that the reason for war is to get reps AND you think reps slow an alliance's growth down...you are crazy.

Then again, maybe that's why you needed to suck reps out of NV...to grow.

Hate to nitpick, but what, you're saying they speed up an alliance's growth? Or they're a complete non-factor? Of course they slow it down. Maybe not significantly, but they result in nonproductive use of aid slots, and disposal of otherwise growth-related materials (money, tech). Hmm, maybe I don't actually hate to nitpick.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that the "crazy" part is encompassing the overall statement, particularly the second part. ;)

Hate to nitpick, but what, you're saying they speed up an alliance's growth? Or they're a complete non-factor? Of course they slow it down. Maybe not significantly, but they result in nonproductive use of aid slots, and disposal of otherwise growth-related materials (money, tech). Hmm, maybe I don't actually hate to nitpick.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that the "crazy" part is encompassing the overall statement, particularly the second part. ;)

Yes. These reps will definitely slow IRON's rebuilding down in such a meaningful way. You got me. :rolleyes:

Yeah they "beat them" with the help of many other alliances. Alliances who apparently can rebuild just fine without reps. That's fine though, ROK can enjoy their money. I'd rather make a new friend of IRON's caliber over reps any day.

RoK seems to have a habit of taking and enjoying money from their enemies.

Edited by Nizzle

Yes. These reps will definitely slow IRON's rebuilding down in such a meaningful way. You got me. :rolleyes:

Hey, "a meaningful way" was never discussed!

I can't believe you're so cruel as to want them to not enjoy the money. And here FAN is with open borders finally, and a surplus of hookers and blow.

lol, I can feel your anger through my screen, I hope you aren't overly invested in Rok-IRON relations. It's almost as if I should be ashamed for taking reps, unfortunately I'm not......wait.......nope, still not. ;)

There is nothing wrong with asking for reasonable reps upon winning a war.

lol, I can feel your anger through my screen, I hope you aren't overly invested in Rok-IRON relations. It's almost as if I should be ashamed for taking reps, unfortunately I'm not......wait.......nope, still not. ;)

There is nothing wrong with asking for reasonable reps upon winning a war.

There's nothing wrong with me disliking it, either.

I don't hate RoK, either. I have noticed a trend, though. I'm interested to see just how far you develop.

There's nothing wrong with me disliking it, either.

I don't hate RoK, either. I have noticed a trend, though. I'm interested to see just how far you develop.

No, nothing at all. Just make sure you keep your disclaimer sig on. :rolleyes:

Next time we will have to make our goals clear right from the start so RoK doesnt get delusional about what they are able to demand again. You were attacked, you deserve reps for it, but this should NOT be a punishment. IRON honored a treaty, how is that worth a punishment?

No, nothing at all. Just make sure you keep your disclaimer sig on. :rolleyes:

You're so so so adorable with your post-war ego! I'm just glad you aren't trying to convince me that RoK deserved these reps from some sense of justice. At least you are honest about your greed.

You're so so so adorable with your post-war ego! I'm just glad you aren't trying to convince me that RoK deserved these reps from some sense of justice. At least you are honest about your greed.

Post war ego? lmfao. That's just Lee, dude. Take it from someone who has known him a long time. That's just Lee.

As for Rok deserving reps... they won. Isn't that how the game is played, or has been for the last 3+ years? You win, you get reps. Not everyone may play by these rules, but remember that Rok was founded by a lot of ex-\m/embers... they were subject to the worst reps of all time.

Next time we will have to make our goals clear right from the start so RoK doesnt get delusional about what they are able to demand again. You were attacked, you deserve reps for it, but this should NOT be a punishment. IRON honored a treaty, how is that worth a punishment?

Someone's personal opinion does not equal Rok's official position on reps. You of all people should know that since it was plainly stated in negotiations that YOU were present at that our reps are for damages taken.

I neither care for your approval or opinion enough to waste my time with that conversation. ;)

As for Rok deserving reps... they won. Isn't that how the game is played, or has been for the last 3+ years? You win, you get reps. Not everyone may play by these rules, but remember that Rok was founded by a lot of ex-\m/embers... they were subject to the worst reps of all time.

I thought they were part of the people changing how the game had been played?

Let's presume that they were subjected to the "worst reps of all time"...that makes going after reps for any old reason valid? I disagree.

RoK should receive reps only since they were attacked. That's how I see this "brave new world".

I thought they were part of the people changing how the game had been played?

Let's presume that they were subjected to the "worst reps of all time"...that makes going after reps for any old reason valid? I disagree.

RoK should receive reps only since they were attacked. That's how I see this "brave new world".

Oh friend, you forgot to read the whole thread before spewing your ignorance...

Every butthurt hegemony member has found it their place to tell me what my alliance is fighting for. Well apparently you have no idea. Ragnarok didn't enter this war to end reps and bring white peace to CN, we didn't enter to create a level playing field, and we sure as hell didn't enter for GPA/FAN/GATO or any other past beat down. Contrary to popular belief there is no cause besides the security of our allies. We did enter because NPO $%&@ed with our friends, and we won't stand for it. The name Karma is nothing more then a cool word to use in propaganda to me.

Someone's personal opinion does not equal Rok's official position on reps. You of all people should know that since it was plainly stated in negotiations that YOU were present at that our reps are for damages taken.

I was aware of the fact that i was answering a personal opinion when i posted, but thanks for your "understanding".

Every butthurt hegemony member has found it their place to tell me what my alliance is fighting for. Well apparently you have no idea. Ragnarok didn't enter this war to end reps and bring white peace to CN, we didn't enter to create a level playing field, and we sure as hell didn't enter for GPA/FAN/GATO or any other past beat down. Contrary to popular belief there is no cause besides the security of our allies. We did enter because NPO $%&@ed with our friends, and we won't stand for it. The name Karma is nothing more then a cool word to use in propaganda to me.

So you punish IRON for it. Makes sense to me! B)

I'm sorry who is this "we" that you seem to think was running the show to the extent that they can dictate what an attacked alliance can and can not demand for reparations.

I'm sorry who is this "we" that you seem to think was running the show to the extent that they can dictate what an attacked alliance can and can not demand for reparations.

If you are referring to the "we" in the first sentence, i meant Gremlins. It is pretty clearly said in the codex that should Gremlins enter an offensive war, goals of it must be determined beforehand. If you want our guns, we get a say in it. Thats usually how it works for everyone.

I was aware of the fact that i was answering a personal opinion when i posted, but thanks for your "understanding".

You didn't even phrase your post anywhere near that of answering a personal opinion. I wouldn't have been understanding of someone calling my alliance delusional for reasons that contradict stated policy either.