Alliance Hopping

Thomasj_tx

Alliance Hopping?  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do not enjoy alliance hoppers. I have been in all of my alliances until their end, whether that end be good or bad. It's an accomplishment I'm actually quite proud of.

What he said. So far, I've seen one disbandment (Atlantis) and 2 mergers (Sanctum, Hyperion). The people are all awesome i.e. the same.

For the most part, FACE takes it on a case by case basis. Most of the members we've had leave do so to try their hand at running their own alliance. I can think of very few members that have left that wouldn't be welcomed back into our tight knit little community, but there are a couple.

And no, we don't have any formal policy, just a discussion between myself and hormones usually along the lines of 'hey, X wants to come back, any issues?' 'Nope, none on my end.' 'Ok, I'll let them know.'

VI

GATO is the oldest alliance in the game, and most of the great figures in the game have been members at some stage, we have no limitations on returning members, GATO is glad to welcome back old members, and resigning members often express the desire to one day return ==)

I'm not a fan of alliance hopping, i served almost 3 years with the FCC. WE had a rough patch which most know, it helped for some of us to separate, we formed OH, which wasn't quite right for me, I missed my Citadel homies, so I went Gramlins for about 3 months, until we all went back to the FCC.

I've never strayed far from home, wish i could say I never left but it was good for us.

For TOOL, it's a semi-formalised case-by-case basis (I voted before I read the OP). It is always voted on by the TOOL Council (Lord Captain Commander, elected membership, Hands, and Inquisitors) but I'd estimate that 95% of the time it gets a positive vote. The other 5%, you'd've either had to have been a real hooligan, or an honest deserter. And even in the latter case, TOOL will show forgiveness from time to time.

Edited by Uralica

I personally wouldn't support letting someone in who has been in twenty different alliances, but the final decision isn't mine.

For people who leave, join again, leave et cetera, it would be how long our patience lasts.

For people who desert during wartime, no. Just no.

I personally wouldn't support letting someone in who has been in twenty different alliances, but the final decision isn't mine.

For people who leave, join again, leave et cetera, it would be how long our patience lasts.

For people who desert during wartime, no. Just no.

I do not agree with this so much, I mean, yes, people who leave "just because" you probably shouldn't let in, but there are some people who are just "lucky" with who they picked and happened to hit every alliance as it disbands or right before it does. I know several examples (myself included) of such a case. I joined back over 1000 days ago, joined NAAC, they disbanded a few weeks later, joined LIH, they disbanded to form a new alliance (The Intelligentsia), they disbanded due to no one joining them, I left to form Browncoats, (everyone knows how that went, sadly, I was an original member and I hated that decision), After which I joined HPS and helped form it, that disbanded due to problems internally, and, well, my point is, I tried my best to hold these alliances together as long as I could (with the exception of the NAAC), and it just didn't work out.

What I'm saying is, sometimes you should review the person's reasons, instead of just looking at how many alliances they've been in. Look at the person's character, and not their circumstances.

Everyone of my alliances I stayed as long as I could, and am currently staying in the "dead" NAAC, and have been for over a half a year, and do not plan on leaving. There's the difference between character and circumstance.

Nemesis will let members back in (depending on how they left). But since we are a free speech alliance (radically free, I might add), I personally do not like alliances to be "safety nets" for people. If you quit, go away and stay quit. Either that or reroll, then reenter.