The Will Of The Norns

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see some old faces back.

I sincerely hope that the past is well behind us and NoR's reputation can be built on it's current actions rather than real and/or percieved historical ones.

So yeah, I'll raise a glass and toast the return of NoR. We can get lit and reminisce about our past interactions. But I aint drinking any German beer, that stuff is disgusting. I will be taking a cerveza. :v:

To be more through.

Part of the terms that LUA was presented was that they were supposed to denounce any white supremacist stuff, which they were offended about, and refused to accept the terms. One of LuA gov members nuked some gov from TPF, CPCN, and I think another alliance. They were asked to remove the nuke rogue in IRC and they said on the lines of " We're with him. "

The only reason you NoV/NoR guys seem to miss the left-right drama was because you were always on the winning side of it.

Some of the left, as well as some of the cyberverse in general, do not miss the drama and conflict one bit and would much rather the dispute be settled for good.

Edited by Tomcat

One of LuA gov members nuked some gov from TPF, CPCN, and I think another alliance.

I think it might have been TOOL.

The left, and a lot of the cyberverse as a whole, does not miss the drama and conflict one bit and would much rather the dispute be settled for good.

Mao Zedong disagrees with you. I think that counts as "one bit".

(please note that I am not necessarily stating my own opinion, merely making known the opinion of another.)

The only reason you NoV/NoR guys seem to miss the left-right drama was because you were always on the winning side of it.

The left, and a lot of the cyberverse as a whole, does not miss the drama and conflict one bit and would much rather the dispute be settled for good.

How, through war? How will that solve the dispute?

Wouldn't that be exactly the opposite, another circle of hatred and violence? Clearly today the power is with the left, but how do you want to use it, the same way NoR did of which you are so full of negative words? Wouldn't that make exactly what you seem to despise so much?

We have instead offered you our hand of friendship and respect, the only way we can solve this dispute is to leave the past behind us and move on.

To be more through.

Part of the terms that LUA was presented was that they were supposed to denounce any white supremacist stuff, which they were offended about, and refused to accept the terms. One of LuA gov members nuked some gov from TPF, CPCN, and I think another alliance. They were asked to remove the nuke rogue in IRC and they said on the lines of " We're with him. "

Sounds about right to me, if you are going to slander someone, be prepared to reap the consequences. Especially if the person you slander is a man of honor.

JB

Wouldn't that be exactly the opposite, another circle of hatred and violence? Clearly today the power is with the left, but how do you want to use it, the same way NoR did of which you are so full of negative words? Wouldn't that make exactly what you seem to despise so much?

We have instead offered you our hand of friendship and respect, the only way we can solve this dispute is to leave the past behind us and move on.

I'd be satisfied with publicly expressed general genuine remorse (which is why Nemhauser got props). Tomcat already said he's unaligned and speaks for nobody but himself*, certainly not for "the left", for which nobody can speak as it's not a single alliance (not for lack of trying).

*clarity: this appears in his signature

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu

Ill admit it I laughed.

NoR/NoV was one of those alliances that blew its own foot off in regards to foreign relations, with the then leadership being openly racist it was impossible to remain allied to NoV; the fact that they were a good ally was not important.

I openly posted whilst I was an IRON councilor on the IRON boards that I had the utmost respect for NoV; they would fight and get ZIed and think nothing of it, unfortunately the antics of KaiserMartens made me change my mind as I personally would refuse to be allied to an openly racist ally even after so called the racist purges that "removed" the racist elements. When your alliance is being accused of racism and your government "purges" such elements, it doesnt help when the head of the alliance gets busted being a racist.

I apologize for dredging up the past but at one point I held NoV/NoR in very high esteem. I really do hope (and thats me being sincere and not my cynical self) that there wont be no repeats of the past. I saw a lot of potential in NoV; it was spoilt by the antics of fools.

Lets move on from the past and stomp some commies :war:

Ill reserve further judgement until I see more of NoR. In the mean time i wish NoR good hunting in drawing in Norwegian politicians :)

Ill admit it I laughed.

NoR/NoV was one of those alliances that blew its own foot off in regards to foreign relations, with the then leadership being openly racist it was impossible to remain allied to NoV; the fact that they were a good ally was not important.

I openly posted whilst I was an IRON councilor on the IRON boards that I had the utmost respect for NoV; they would fight and get ZIed and think nothing of it, unfortunately the antics of KaiserMartens made me change my mind as I personally would refuse to be allied to an openly racist ally even after so called the racist purges that "removed" the racist elements. When your alliance is being accused of racism and your government "purges" such elements, it doesnt help when the head of the alliance gets busted being a racist.

I apologize for dredging up the past but at one point I held NoV/NoR in very high esteem. I really do hope (and thats me being sincere and not my cynical self) that there wont be no repeats of the past. I saw a lot of potential in NoV; it was spoilt by the antics of fools.

Lets move on from the past and stomp some commies :war:

Ill reserve further judgement until I see more of NoR. In the mean time i wish NoR good hunting in drawing in Norwegian politicians :)

OOC: This is such an ignorant post that it deserves no more response than being reported to moderation.

Edited by Captain Flinders

Just to clarify again, I'm not a member of any of the leftist alliances.

I know nothing about the talks that have taken place between your alliance and theirs, this thread is the first I have heard about any sort of Nordreich reformation.

I stand here as just a guy who fought in the ICP reformation war, the maroon war, GW2, the st. patrick's day massacre, etc...

I have said nothing in this thread about war because i'm not a member of any alliance.

I am however, critical of this reformation because there are people here who still hold on to a lot of tech that once belonged to leftist alliances and as of this thread have made very little attempt to pay any of us back, or even really apologise. So this talk about leaving the past behind and moving on seems hypocritical to me as Nordreich and NoV made little to no attempt to leave the past aside in either the past or the present.

I am however, critical of this reformation because there are people here who still hold on to a lot of tech that once belonged to leftist alliances and as of this thread have made very little attempt to pay any of us back, or even really apologise. So this talk about leaving the past behind and moving on seems hypocritical to me as Nordreich and NoV made little to no attempt to leave the past aside in either the past or the present.

Tomcat, they're doing their utmost to leave (certain parts of) the past behind. What that amounts to, however, is trying to forget those parts of the past, or at least hoping everyone else does. What I'd personally prefer is atonement and transcendence through a frank evaluation of those certain parts of the past, and a genuine feeling and expression of remorse.

Just to clarify again, I'm not a member of any of the leftist alliances.

I know nothing about the talks that have taken place between your alliance and theirs, this thread is the first I have heard about any sort of Nordreich reformation.

I stand here as just a guy who fought in the ICP reformation war, the maroon war, GW2, the st. patrick's day massacre, etc...

I have said nothing in this thread about war because i'm not a member of any alliance.

How can they give you your tech back when many of these nations were deleted and forced from the game. Your tech lies elsewhere now. Let it go they have stated they wish the oppurtunity to come back and be a productive member of the community, why not let them have that chance. Knowing their leadership is generally good to their word though overly secretive at times, why not with hold judgement till they have a chance to re-establish them selves. Is this not the time for second chances.

How can they give you your tech back when many of these nations were deleted and forced from the game. Your tech lies elsewhere now. Let it go they have stated they wish the oppurtunity to come back and be a productive member of the community, why not let them have that chance. Knowing their leadership is generally good to their word though overly secretive at times, why not with hold judgement till they have a chance to re-establish them selves. Is this not the time for second chances.

*sigh* he's said it before, I've said it before: Tomcat has no power to make anyone do anything. I really wish more people would recognize this and stop talking as though he had the power to stop people from "coming back and being a productive member of the community".

Tomcat, they're doing their utmost to leave (certain parts of) the past behind. What that amounts to, however, is trying to forget those parts of the past, or at least hoping everyone else does. What I'd personally prefer is atonement and transcendence through a frank evaluation of those certain parts of the past, and a genuine feeling and expression of remorse.

In all fairness, this Nordreich really hasn't really done anything yet but announce their existence. I'm more than certain that the diplomatic channels in Nordreich are open.

It’s arrogance about the past. That’s why the grudges are showing up now.

Edited by Oktavia