The Will Of The Norns

Because the CSN didn't directly support the NoR's war efforts in the Maroon War?

Unless I missed something in my own post, the Maroon War is not in any way, shape, or form what I'm talking about.

And I'd love to give NoR a chance, but between them and "NoV", the pattern has just gotten all too familiar.

Prove me wrong, I'd be happy.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you this... if you were attacked by somebody who had previously vowed not to attack you, and then had your nation decimated and said person demanded you pay him 33% of your tech to cover his war costs, and then a few months later he posted a tl;dr version of "oops sorry about dat"...

would you be jumping out of your pants to hold his hand for a happy stroll through memory lane?

I don't think Nordreich is asking for you to hold their hand or stroll anywhere with them. But if I were in that situation and had subsequently destroyed that alliance and received my retribution, I would at least have the willingness to take the victory for what it was and, should a reformation occur, be satisfied in the fact that they are not and may never be in the position to do harm to me or the ones I love again.

I don't think Nordreich is asking for you to hold their hand or stroll anywhere with them. But if I were in that situation and had subsequently destroyed that alliance and received my retribution,

I seem to recall that it was TPF who destroyed NoV, not CPCN, LSF, SE, TRF, or any of the smaller lefties scattered about at that time. More to the point, TPF's CB, such as it was, had little or nothing to do with the ICP War. The destruction of NoV cannot thus be called retribution.

I would at least have the willingness to take the victory for what it was and, should a reformation occur, be satisfied in the fact that they are not and may never be in the position to do harm to me or the ones I love again.

I'm sure Nordreich thanks you for permanently consigning them to penury.

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu

I don't think Nordreich is asking for you to hold their hand or stroll anywhere with them. But if I were in that situation and had subsequently destroyed that alliance and received my retribution, I would at least have the willingness to take the victory for what it was and, should a reformation occur, be satisfied in the fact that they are not and may never be in the position to do harm to me or the ones I love again.

NoV was destroyed by the continuum, not by the alliances it had destroyed itself.

I never really had much of an opinion on NoR or NoV but I do like Kingzog and Loodoyaye was a fun and honorable opponent when I fought him in what I like to call 'Godwin's War'.

I hope that everyone can let go of the past and I wish NoR luck.

I seem to recall that it was TPF who destroyed NoV, not CPCN, LSF, SE, TRF, or any of the smaller lefties scattered about at that time. More to the point, TPF's CB, such as it was, had little or nothing to do with the ICP War.

CPCN was on the battlefield against NoV. You took part in their destruction.

The destruction of NoV cannot thus be called retribution.

You can obviously label retribution any way you see fit. Though destroying the people who once destroyed you (mind you I don't know if you personally were in the ICP) is generally the pinnacle of retribution.

I'm sure Nordreich thanks you for permanently consigning them to penury.

Just calling it like I see it. Though I did say "may". ;)

CPCN was on the battlefield against NoV. You took part in their destruction.

CPCN fought Legio-X and the League of United Armenians, and gave reasonable peace terms to both. It had no part in determining NoV's terms, and at most three CPCN nations fought NoV nations. I was in CPCN gov at the time and know what I'm talking about.

You can obviously label retribution any way you see fit. Though destroying the people who once destroyed you (mind you I don't know if you personally were in the ICP) is generally the pinnacle of retribution.

I was in the ICP, and as I pointed out, CPCN had no direct hand in the disbandment of NoV. Nor did any other leftist alliance. That was TPF's show.

I'm not denying it. Hell, he may even have been sincere. I just don't see that the Nordreich community is repentant (the most I've seen admitted was that the war was bad strategy, which is not quite the same thing).

As a member of the community I can attest that the general feeling among us is that the ICP 2.0 war was not only bad PR, but a harsh and unfair decision as well. ICP and NoR were on opposite sides of the political sphere, but yet, as close as alliances can be. The constant cold war between the various communist alliances and Nordreich was the best time I had on Planet Bob. The various propaganda made by Solidus, the clown mindgames... Brilliant stuff.

CPCN fought Legio-X and the League of United Armenians, and gave reasonable peace terms to both. It had no part in determining NoV's terms, and at most three CPCN nations fought NoV nations. I was in CPCN gov at the time and know what I'm talking about.

I was in the ICP, and as I pointed out, CPCN had no direct hand in the disbandment of NoV. Nor did any other leftist alliance. That was TPF's show.

So then the left does not bare NoR any ill will? This is positive.

We're more emotional and more forthright.

This is actually true, the proliteriat does seem to wear their hearts on thier sleeves. ;-)

JB

Edited by Jim Bowie

This is a circular argument if I've ever seen one. Though I seem to remember quite a bit more than three declarations on NoV from CPCN. From all this conversation, am I being led to believe that you seek retribution?

This is a circular argument if I've ever seen one. Though I seem to remember quite a bit more than three declarations on NoV from CPCN. From all this conversation, am I being led to believe that you seek retribution?

Did I say that? I'm just arguing against historical revisionism.

Props to Nemhauser, by the way.

I'm not one to speak for the INT, but all that has been said in this thread is that a lot people who were around when NoV and Nordreich were blowing us up for no reason have not forgotten.

CPCN fought Legio-X and the League of United Armenians, and gave reasonable peace terms to both.

IIRC LUA disbanded before getting any terms? (But i think that was mostly because they overreacted and thought that they were not going get any peace)

Yeah...I wish they'd accepted :(

Well the feelings at the time, at least from the NoV side of the fence, were that this would be a fight to the death. This was a feeling that was portrayed openly by thier primary advisaries for sure, why would the allies of NoR feel any diffrent about their situation?

JB

IIRC LUA disbanded before getting any terms? (But i think that was mostly because they overreacted and thought that they were not going get any peace)

LUA went nuke rogue and refused to remove the gov member who went rogue. Also, I believe TPF gave them those terms.

I think they were offended by the aspersions being cast on their character and the rulers dissolved their nations completely (not just an alliance disbandment). They felt that an environment that permitted them to be labeled they way they were just for honoring their treaties was not one in which they wanted to persist. I don't consider that to be an overreaction.

Slayer99 had been working on the CB for the destruction of NoV for over a year. He personally requested the CPCN not get involved and asked us to sit on the sidelines.

I wonder why he would do that hmmm?

JB

Well the feelings at the time, at least from the NoV side of the fence, were that this would be a fight to the death. This was a feeling that was portrayed openly by thier primary advisaries for sure, why would the allies of NoR feel any diffrent about their situation?

JB

In LUA's case, Legio-X and FreakSafari had both surrendered days before they disbanded. A better question would be why LUA didn't want to accept similar terms, or why they thought said terms wouldn't apply to them.

EDIT: Oktavia remembers why.

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu