National Wonder / Nation Map

ShawnNL

Great University

The great university is a central location for scholars within your nation. Decreases technology costs -10% and increases population happiness +.2% (+2 for every 1000) of your nation's technology level over 200 up to 3,000 tech.

I only have 1 national wonder (Stock Market). Most people recommend to buy the SSS as your 2nd national wonder. I have 2700 tech now. Is it better to buy a "Great University" instead of a SSS? And if yes, how many happiness points will I receive if I have 3000 tech?

2nd question: Nation Map

Does anyone know where I can change my position on the map? :blush: Thanks.

SSS should be better, you need to do the maths to work out by how much....

With a university you get +2 happiness for every 1000, so with 2700 tech, that would be (2*2.7) +5.4, that would be an extra $3.024 extra per citizen net (28% tax rate). With 3000tech it would be +6 happiness = $12gross = base $3.36 extra net. Give or take that may equal about $3.50 extra as according to some people happiness is a bit more than 2$ each..

To work out SSS on the other hand calculate your gross income *0.02, that will give you what you get extra per person. You will probably find the SSS is a fair bit more than the Uni :)

2nd question - Edit My Nation, next to capital city, click the little icon "move capital city" :)

Edited by Kingdom of Royalty

+6 happiness, if you have all income improvements should give you almost $7 in tax - over $24 gross income

The +6 gives 12 to base income and modifiers should more than double it. (I think the exact figure is $4.2 per happiness)

Edited by TheDave

Intresting.. Based on if it was $4.2 that it would be an extra $7.05 which is pretty good.. vs say around 350*0.02 = $7 for the SSS.. So maybe the Great University would be better..

Having a quick look though I worked out the modifer would be an extra 100% at most (96% for bank, school, foreign aid, and harbour) are there any more factors which would affect it?

Edited by Kingdom of Royalty

Intresting.. Based on if it was $4.2 that it would be an extra $7.05 which is pretty good.. vs say around 350*0.02 = $7 for the SSS.. So maybe the Great University would be better..

Having a quick look though I worked out the modifer would be an extra 100% at most (96% for bank, school, foreign aid, and harbour) are there any more factors which would affect it?

Max banks: 35%

Max schools: 25%

Max univsersities: 16%

Foreign Ministry: 5%

Harbor: 1%

1.35 x 1.25 x 1.16 x 1.05 x 1.01 = 2.08 (approx.) x 2 = 4.16 per happiness

4.16 x 5.8 = $24.13 increase in income from 200 technology.

So technically, Great University has an edge over SSS only under certain circumstances. If your nation doesn't have a lot of technology, then Social Security System is the way to go. However, if you have a lot of technology, then Great University has a slight edge, and allows you to purchase more technology for a 10% decrease in price (though, buying more than 3,000 technology is a bit overkill unless you really want to inflate you nation strength).

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Ah I was going wrong with thinking all improvement income percentages stacked with eachother. Intresting information, thanks :)

No problem. That's why it's kind of frustrating when people say always take the +$ options in events when sometimes the + happiness is better... it all depends on the nation's situation and circumstances.

yepp i myself get about 4.152 per happiness.. i think great univ should be AFTER everything though. .whatever ur call

Well, the OP has almost 3,000 tech already, and it benefits his nation more, although it is only a $0.05 difference. In this case however, I don't think $0.05 is much of a difference. You plan to buy more tech past 3,000 (if you don't do tech deals for some reason), then go for GU. Other than that, you actually have a balanced choice.

Thanks for sending me a p.m about my topic Kingdom of Royalty, appreciated. (didn't know my topic was still alive :P)

Interesting info. I think I go for the GU, I could use the extra money even if it is just $0.05 :awesome:

Thanks for the help guys :popcorn: