Excitement

oda

Greetings friends, allies, enemies, and ones that don’t know of my existence (which is probably about all of you), not that you care but =Western Empire= has some announcements it would like to make. First our sleek and sexy charter!!!!!

CHARTER of WESTERN EMPIRE

Preamble

The Charter of =Western Empire= is hereby established to protect the happiness, rights, and freedoms that all members of the alliance enjoy. =Western Empire= (henceforth known as =WE=) is a peaceful alliance that promotes diplomatic resolution to conflict, but will not shy away when the time for military action arrives. =WE= will place no restrictions in regards to how nations should grow and interact, so long as the Charter is followed in its entirety.

I. Membership

An alliance relies upon its membership and the following provisions outline how =WE= can grow.

A. Requirements

Any nation can join =WE= whether new or developed in the Cyber Nations (henceforth known as CN) community so long as that nation is not a member of another alliance, at war with =WE= or any other alliance, or on any ZI lists.

B. Applications

If a nation wishes to join =WE= they must first register on the forums at http://www.westernempire.net/. They must then fill out the proper forms with the required information. All members of =WE= must have =Western Empire= as their alliance affiliation, and especially before they are approved by the proper official.

C. Ejection

Any member can be ejected from the alliance by the Emperor, Elder, or an Imperial Officer for any of the following offenses:

1. Un-authorized war on another nation

2. Spying on another nation

3. Declaring war on any member of =WE=

4. Trolling the CN forums

5. Giving out information to other alliances

6. Actions that poorly represent =WE=

A member can, in most circumstances, appeal the decision by the proper means that are outlined within this Charter.

II. Government

The government is directly responsible for the well-being and prosperity of =WE=.

A. Emperor

The Emperor is the leader of all =WE= member and provides the final say in all issues, including, but not limited to:

1. Declarations of War

2. Ejections of Members

3. Treaties

4. Appointment of Imperial Officers

Any reigning Emperor may be impeached with a vote of no-confidence that is supported unanimously by the Imperial Officers and 3/4ths of the Deputy Officers. If passed, then an Elder can become the temporary Emperor until a new Emperor is decided. In the event there is no Elder then the longest serving IO will temporarily become the Emperor.

B. Imperial Officers

Imperial Officers (IO's) are appointed by the Emperor to head the departments of the alliance:

FOREIGN AFFAIRS can name ambassadors to embassies, send and receive requests for embassies, negotiate treaties, and serves as the head of intelligence on multi-alliance wartime activity.

INTERNAL AFFAIRS can administrate recruitment, accept and deny applicants to the alliance, work with IO of the Treasury to build up new nations, aid war-ravaged ones during times of war, and helps to administrate alliance education.

RECRUITMENT can work to bring in new members into the alliance.

DEFENSE administrates and regulates the military during times of war and peace, and can approve and deny tech raids.

TREASURY administrates alliance banks, can organize alliance tech-deals, set up alliance-wide growth programs, work with IO of IA to distribute aid in times of war, and can approve and deny aid requests.

All Imperial Officers must be active in the alliance and keep other IO's and the Emperor informed of current matters in their respective departments. Any IO can be removed from their position by the Emperor with the support of two other Imperial Officers. IO's may make announcements on =WE= forums, but may not make any announcements on the CN forums without approval of the Emperor.

C. Deputy Officers

Deputy Officers serve as the 2nd in command for departments, and assume the duties of an IO in the event of an IO removal. Deputy Officers are appointed by an IO, and may be relieved of their duties at any time by the IO that appointed them or the Emperor.

D. Elder

Elders are former Emperors who have retired. Elders will be considered a source of information for the IOs and Emperor of =WE= and will be able to give input on all matters. Elders only official powers will be to help resolve disputes in the alliance as well as helping solve foreign affairs disputes.

III. Policy

1. =WE= is a peaceful alliance. =WE= will always attempt diplomacy before declaring war on any alliance, however =WE= is not afraid of war, and will not adopt an alliance-wide neutrality policy. All declarations of war must be approved by the Imperial Officers and the Emperor.

2. Charter violations or other alliance disputes can be heard by the Imperial Court of Justice. Its policies are maintained by the IO of CIA with approval of the Emperor. Judges are appointed by the Emperor, and they serve to hear and decide cases. Any alliance appeals process is only granted by a member of the Supreme Court, and with it the case is then heard and decided by the Supreme Court which consists of the Emperor and the IO's.

3. Members that have been ejected from the alliance will be given a 24 hour window to leave the alliance, and any member remaining in the alliance after 24 hours will be ZI'd.

IV. Amendments

Amendments to the Charter may be proposed at any time, and must first be approved by 3/4ths of the Imperial Officers. The Emperor then may either approve or veto the amendment. An amendment that has the unanimous support of IOs and 3/4ths of the DO’s as well as support from an Elder cannot be vetoed. This charter is intended to be rigid enough that a strong rule of law is formed and a stable system may be created, but flexible enough so that it can change with the times. The Charter is only as powerful as how the members respect it, and nobody is above or beyond the rules set forth herein.

Signed Emperor Oda

Just a few minor tweaks to the charter, but isn’t it awesome …. Anyway

Next our second announcement

The winner of the Official =Western Empire= motto is …. Winterz

With =WE=, probably slept with your mom.

motivator7712945-1.jpg

Next on the agenda is =West Point Academy=

We had 13 graduates of =West Point=

xLefaye

AgentX

Bonecrushers

Ancient Iago

Ydnar_28

whitelab55

Runz (Federation of Buccaneers)

Tick1 (Federation of Buccaneers)

Sophie

Nationpimp

Cerullos

Dynamo

American Idle

AgentX was head of his graduating class of February 09.

Congrats to all the students that passed.

And lastly

I know MD’s gender, the bidding starts at one donation …

>_> <_< to the extreme!!!!

Edited by oda

FIRST

and congratz on the charter change and the new members. plus, thats not my mom :blink:

sure it is you have her eyes.. also I might be your father I know I know a shocker.. hey buddy lets play catch XD

Congratulations Western Empire, been a long time since I've seen you guys, (really though, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone... suprise!) and you're looking good. Hope the new charter works out for ya.

Our motto is grammatically incorrect

It could either be =WE=: slept with your mom or =WE= slept with your mom, but not =WE=, slept with your mom

I think I voted for something with Latin in it

Sayings with Latin in them are currently the best kind.