Let me calculate your economy!

sir jesus

Fill out the following to have your nation’s economy “calculated” according to the Sir Jesus Calculator.

Here is an example.

-Variables 3-6 are completely your choice, but be reasonable.

-Base Interest Rate = 10%

-Base Tax Rate = 30%

1) IG Average citizen income:

2) IG Citizen count:

3) Average children born per mother:

4) Income Tax Rate:

5) National Interest Rate (between 1-20%):

6) Total Government Expenditure, broken down by money amount in each category:

Military:

Education:

Healthcare:

Infrastructure:

Specify Other:

Edited by sir jesus

How would this work in the case of a corperation like GTI?

-Base Interest Rate = 10%

-Base Tax Rate = 30%

1) IG Average citizen income: 167.16

2) IG Citizen count: 21,454

3) Average children born per mother: 2.1

4) Income Tax Rate: 46.81 (?)

5) National Interest Rate (between 1-20%): 12%

6) Total Government Expenditure, broken down by money amount in each category: Not sure about this.

1) IG Average citizen income: $181.83

2) IG Citizen count: 35,708

3) Average children born per mother: 1.6

4) Income Tax Rate: 28%

5) National Interest Rate (between 1-20%): 12%

Military - $15 Billion

Education - $40 Billion

Healthcare - $13 Billion

Infrastructure - $30 Billion

Research and Development – $75 Billion

Police and Authorities - $5 Billion

Total: $178 Billion

I just took all your numbers and reduced them by a quarter. I'm confused as to how much I'd spend.

Glorious Aotearoa

1) IG Average citizen income: $453

2) IG Citizen count: 132,505

3) Average children born per mother: 2.5

4) Income Tax Rate: 35%

5) National Interest Rate (between 1-20%): 2%

From old Calcs.

GDP: 1.807 trillion dollars.

Tax rate. 35%

Resulting Government budget.

33% to mandatory civilian upkeep costs,

18% to government research grants,

15% to education,

13% to healthcare,

6% to transport,

6% to military,

3% to infrastructure expansion,

3% to total miscellaneous spending,

2% unassigned,

1% to police.

Total spending: 632.7 billion dollars

Edited by LeVentNoir

VinceSixx, your national GDP is about 1/10th of mine. Therefore, your government would be running a massive deficit and growth would be impossible at your current expenditure settings. I took the liberty of reducing those expenses to 1/10 of mine, however if you wish to change it just let me know.

For VinceSixx:

Economic Data

Real GDP: $237,037,245,530

Market (C+I) GDP Growth: 3.8%

Base GDP: $235,904,902,000

Tax Revenue: $66,053,372,560

Government Expenditure: $57,500,000,000

Government Budget Balance: $8,553,372,560

National Composite Interest Rate: 12%

National Income Tax Rate: 28%

Total Exports: 0

Total Imports: 0

Avg. Children per Mother: 1.6

Inflation Rate: 3.0%

Components of GDP

% Investment Expenditure: 27.6%

% Government Expenditure: 24.4%

% Consumption Expenditure: 48.0%

% Net Exports: 0.0%

Total Investment Expenditure: $65,170,549,040

Total Government Expenditure: $57,500,000,000

Total Consumption Expenditure: $114,366,696,490

Total Net Exports: $0

LeVentNoir, I'm going to break your budget into something more tangible ^_^ If you see any problems tell me.

-18% Research Grants = $113 Billion

-15% Education = $94B

-13% Healthcare = $82B

-10% Infrastructure = $63B

33% to mandatory civilian upkeep costs,

18% to government research grants,

15% to education,

13% to healthcare,

6% to transport,

6% to military,

3% to infrastructure expansion,

3% to total miscellaneous spending,

2% unassigned,

1% to police.

Economic Data

Real GDP: $2,180,311,315,195

Market (C+I) GDP Growth: 1.1%

Base GDP: $2,190,903,922,500

Tax Revenue: $766,816,372,875

Government Expenditure: $632,700,000,000

Government Budget Balance: $134,116,372,875

National Composite Interest Rate: 2%

National Income Tax Rate: 35%

Avg. Children per Mother: 2.5

Inflation Rate: 4.2%

Components of GDP

% Investment Expenditure: 22.8%

% Government Expenditure: 28.9%

% Consumption Expenditure: 48.3%

Total Investment Expenditure: $498,943,191,994

Total Government Expenditure: $632,700,000,000

Total Consumption Expenditure: $1,048,668,123,201

I must say, your and vinces allocation of govt spending sounds totally wack. you put nearly 40% into R&D at a 30% RoR? Also, 95% of infra budget is maintainance, at 0% RoR.

This calculator seems out of it, plus, you seem to be pulling numbers out of thin air. I fully expect your building industry to collapse about the same time as your infra falls apart due to over purchasing of infra and no maintenance.

Look at...

US budget

another broken link pic

this

Linky to massive pic.

pic which the board hates....

this....

this

Most of a govts budget (at least 60%+) goes on things other than those which increase GDP, while the RoRs you use seem way too high.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Economic Statistics for Saboria

Economic Data

Real GDP: $1,997,667,217,904

Market (C+I) GDP Growth: 1.4%

Base GDP: $2,074,716,356,000

Tax Revenue: $933,622,360,200

Government Expenditure: $750,000,000,000

Government Budget Balance: $183,622,360,200

National Composite Interest Rate: 3%

National Income Tax Rate: 45%

Avg. Children per Mother: 2.8

Inflation Rate: 6.5%

Components of GDP

% Investment Expenditure: 31.6%

% Government Expenditure: 36.1%

% Consumption Expenditure: 32.3%

Total Investment Expenditure: $654,723,850,815

Total Government Expenditure: $750,000,000,000

Total Consumption Expenditure: $592,943,367,089

I must say, your and vinces allocation of govt spending sounds totally wack. you put nearly 40% into R&D at a 30% RoR? Also, 95% of infra budget is maintainance, at 0% RoR. This calculator seems out of it, plus, you seem to be pulling numbers out of thin air.

I cited the most scholarly articles I could find on social rates of return of government expenditure, certainly not pulling numbers out of thin air. I don't see your sources for RoR, tho. <_<

I fully expect your building industry to collapse about the same time as your infra falls apart due to over purchasing of infra and no maintenance.

The spending projects on infrastructure are mostly meant to include maintenance. Having a well-funded infrastructure system allows for a faster growing economy, and this RoR indicates that. It does not mean new infrastructure is constantly being built.

Most of a govts budget (at least 60%+) goes on things other than those which increase GDP

Ummm, this is CNRP :P I certainly don't want to base my country off of the USA. My country is focused on strength and growth within its economy and political system, not on social welfare programs. In the US pie chart it lists defense, social security, medicare/medicaid, and interest payments as 72% of spending.

(IC)The Melvin Reublic does not believe in heavy military or medicare spending, and makes no social security payments ever! Only the weak and stupid allows themselves to fall to the bottom of the ladder, and it is not a federal duty to coddle them(/IC).

I can recalculate your economy for you if you'd like to break your budget into different welfare programs, (right now it's "mandatory" civilian upkeep) then do so. Off the top of my head, Social Security carries a RoR around 2.5%. So you can change it if you'd like, just let me know. B)

Edited by sir jesus

I cited the most scholarly articles I could find on social rates of return of government expenditure, certainly not pulling numbers out of thin air. I don't see your sources for RoR, tho. <_<

This? Infrastructure only allows a high rate of return in undeveloped countries. Once you have a certain level, more investment only yields a small

The spending projects on infrastructure are mostly meant to include maintenance. Having a well-funded infrastructure system allows for a faster growing economy, and this RoR indicates that. It does not mean new infrastructure is constantly being built.

You have to expand the infrastructure to increase growth. Infrastructure maintenance merely stops the growth from slowing. You should break infrastructure into maintenance and expansion. Maintenance reduces the effect of poor infrastructure slowing growth, while new infrastructure increases growth.

I can recalculate your economy for you if you'd like to break your budget into different welfare programs, (right now it's "mandatory" civilian upkeep) then do so. Off the top of my head, Social Security carries a RoR around 2.5%. So you can change it if you'd like, just let me know. B)

I have no welfare. That 33% was to infrastructure maintenance. You know, repairing buildings, utilities networks etc? And include all the spending, at realistic levels please. 40% of budget on research? Right. NO. Go play this for a while and see if you can get any section of the economy over 20%.

I have no welfare. That 33% was to infrastructure maintenance. You know, repairing buildings, utilities networks etc? And include all the spending, at realistic levels please. 40% of budget on research? Right. NO. Go play this for a while and see if you can get any section of the economy over 20%.

Pft, in that game, 24% of my budget goes to research, and at one point education received 25%. :P

@ Leventoir: I could agree with you on the infrastructure aspect, but I don't understand why you want to make this more confusing. Also, why is government budget w/ 40% spent on research unreasonable? Just because nobody does it, does not mean that I cannot RP it. I mean we have space elevators and military technology from the year 2020. If I wanted to play a nation simulator I would play NatoinStates2, if I want to roleplay within the realm of possibility, I'll play CNRP. :v:

Anyway, if you think it needs to be changed, find an article with a different rate of return. I'm very susceptible to logic and reason, my only weakness.

I'd really rather not. I can assure you it isn't doing well.

Fill out the information and I'll run the calculation for you. If it's too bad, I won't post it and tell you in private :P

(PS: You kind of have me interested)

Edited by sir jesus