Declaration of Protectorate

JEDCJT

REBUILDING ITALIA

The Provisional Government of Byzantium has undertaken a course of action today. From this moment on, the region of Italia (excluding Piedmont, Aosta Valley, Liguria, Corsica, and Sicily) shall be henceforth be a ‘protectorate of Byzantium’ under Byzantine sovereignty. This means that any and all acts of aggression against Italia shall be considered as an act of aggression against Byzantium also. We want to help rebuild and strengthen the region, and we shall do so until a rightful Government is established once again. The capital of the Protectorate of Italia (the Italian Devletin) shall be in Rome.

ItalyOMC.png

The region of Italia.

First of all, the landing ships (the Millet, Bey, and Saruca) will sail to the Italian peninsula, where troops will land there, and with supplies and equipments that will be needed for the reconstruction effort (the troops will be protected against radiation, though). The landing ships will also be used to evacuate any remaining citizens from the peninsula back to Byzantium. The cruisers, Ankara and Sparta, will accompany the landing crafts to ensure that everything goes smoothly. The frigates, Genesis, Yavuz, and Reis will participate, too; they will transport refugees from Italia and bring medical, emergency, and other supplies to the afflicted region.

The Provisional Government has appropriated $70 million for the reconstruction effort, and the cost is expected to reach as many as $1 billion or perhaps more. But it will be worth it.

Edited by JEDCJT

We will extend our hands and offer temporary, or permanent if desired, residence in Viniland. After all, Italian is one of our official languages, roughly 25% of the population proudly call themselves "Italians", and their presence has deeply impacted our culture"

"Of course, we will personally assist with evacuation, clean up and re-construction efforts."

OOC: I think I repeated those words a few times already, and everyone seems to ignore my offers. :(

Also, JED, realistically speaking... you'd need exponentially more than a billion in order to rebuild a fairly advanced country riddled by radiation.

"ADI will be sending substantial aid and materials for rebuilding in the Province of Ferrara. We intend to take it fully upon ourselves to make this a shining beacon of hope for the shattered lives of the Italians that have no been forced to leave. Of course, we do intend to drop supplies and food to other regions as well, we just feel that it would be best to concentrate our efforts into one area for the time being."

OOC: How could I not help rebuild the Province for which I am named? :awesome:

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

As a result of the offer, a large amount of Italians actually would head to Viniland, appreciating a similar culture.

The opinion of the Italian people on the protectorate ranged from being either very positive to being simply "Too little, too late", yet Mannelig approved of this. Technically, there wasn't really anyone or anything to protect anymore as the people had been evacuated successfully, but this in the end did help to make the survivors' lives and resettling easier in Byzantium.

The majority of the ethnically Italian people had gone to the abovementioned countries, the majority of the Nordlanders, to Prussia and Scandinavia, but this was an exception rather than a rule.

Mannelig and his Bunker and small Garrison so far remained in Italy, wanting to at least stick around until everything was said and done, to be the ones to turn off the light and close the room.

OOC: You people seem to be under the idea that reconstruction is possible. The place is too radioactive, simply put, heh.

Edited by Kaiser Martens

OOC: You people seem to be under the idea that reconstruction is possible. The place is too radioactive, simply put, heh.

OOC: Silly Martens, Ferrara would be much less irradiated, and cement isn't all too expensive. I intend to destroy everything left, clean the soil out, and get started from there.

And if that fails, everyone wheres hazmat suits, and lives underground :awesome:

EDIT: Business Hazmat Suits, they are just normal Hazmat suits, painted dark blue, and they wear red ties. ADI would do it, Komeil holds a position of power, expect the unexpected...

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

We will extend our hands and offer temporary, or permanent if desired, residence in Viniland. After all, Italian is one of our official languages, roughly 25% of the population proudly call themselves "Italians", and their presence has deeply impacted our culture"

"Of course, we will personally assist with evacuation, clean up and re-construction efforts."

OOC: I think I repeated those words a few times already, and everyone seems to ignore my offers. :(

Also, JED, realistically speaking... you'd need exponentially more than a billion in order to rebuild a fairly advanced country riddled by radiation.

We thank the Kingdom of Viniland for this, and shall accept their offer and assistance.

OOC: Ah, I know that. That's why my plan is in phases. Y'know, steadily working on it, one by one, step by step...y'know? :awesome:

"ADI will be sending substantial aid and materials for rebuilding in the Province of Ferrara. We intend to take it fully upon ourselves to make this a shining beacon of hope for the shattered lives of the Italians that have no been forced to leave. Of course, we do intend to drop supplies and food to other regions as well, we just feel that it would be best to concentrate our efforts into one area for the time being."

OOC: How could I not help rebuild the Province for which I am named? :awesome:

IC: Byzantium accepts this aid and assistance from ADI.

OOC: Impossible isn't a word in my dictionary. :awesome:

Saboria offers to help the ADI and Byzantium to rebuild at least parts of the destroyed shoe of italy.

IC: Byzantium gratefully accepts this offer.

Edited by JEDCJT

SARDINIA CEDED TO PRINCESS GEBIV

Today, for classified reasons, the Provisional Government has ceded the island of Sardinia, officially transferring it from the Italian Devletin to the Grand Duchy of Gebiv, under the leadership of Princess Gebiv. With that, the Provisional Government welcomes Gebiv to the world and would like to sign a treaty with the Gebivian state.

Italy_Regions_Sardinia_Map.png

Sardinia (in red) to be ceded to Gebiv.

OOC: Gebiv is back! He will be RPing in Sardinia. :D

Edited by JEDCJT

MDoAP SIGNED BETWEEN BYZANTIUM AND GEBIV

Almost immediately, the Provisional Government entered into negiotations with the Grand Duchy of Gebiv. Following such, the Government has released the text of the new Treaty, pending signatures:

Article I

Under this Pact, the Provisional Government, and its legitimate successors, and the Grand Duchy of Gebiv are mutual friends on the world stage, and shall be so.

Article II

Both signatories recognizes the Sovereignty of the each other. Under this Agreement, both signatory nations shall not invade, claim, or otherwise compromise the each other’s Sovereignty.

Article III

Through this agreement, both signatories shall support the each other. Any information and otherwise that is crucial to the wellbeing of both signatories shall be passed on to the each other as soon as possible.

Article IV

Under this agreement, an act of aggression and/or war on one signatory nation is, thus, an act of aggression and/or war on the other, and shall be dealt with appropriately.

Article V

As such, neither signatory nation is obligated to partake in aggressive wars; military and/or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each signatory nation, although they are encouraged to do so when required.

Article VI

Both signatory nations can choose to terminate this Pact at any time, providing they inform the each other prior to leaving the Treaty. This shall be effective ninety-six hours after the cancellation.

Signed for the Provisional Government of Byzantium,

William Hans, Supreme Commander

Signed for the Grand Duchy of Gebiv,