Something has gone wrong

Captain Scarlet

To: Captain J. Scarlet From: Reuven the Jew 10/15/2007 1:55:51 PM Subject: War Declared!

War has been declared on you by Reuven the Jew for the reason of PM for peace-no alliance! You may access your War & Battles screen to view and manage this war.

To: Captain J. Scarlet From: Reuven the Jew 10/15/2007 1:56:00 PM Subject: Battle Report

You have been attacked by Reuven the Jew. You lost 1,227 soldiers and 12 tanks. You killed 456 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 7.963 miles of your land, stole 2.499 technology, and destroyed 10.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $2,648.99 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Captain J. Scarlet From: Reuven the Jew 10/15/2007 1:56:11 PM Subject: Battle Report

You have been attacked by Reuven the Jew. You lost 872 soldiers and 8 tanks. You killed 249 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 7.804 miles of your land, stole 2.436 technology, and destroyed 10.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,298.01 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Captain J. Scarlet From: Reuven the Jew 10/15/2007 1:56:29 PM Subject: Peace Offer

A peace offer has been submitted by Reuven the Jew for the reason of: Cessation of Hostilities

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.

And this is the awful part:

To: Captain J. Scarlet From: Reuven the Jew 10/15/2007 1:57:23 PM Subject: Peace Option

If you don't accept peace, you will be ZIed

Accept the loss and move on.

Thanks,

Bobby

I am personally disgusted that Cybernations has come to this.

So yeah, something has gone down hill.

There are probably several of these threads posted every day, but hey, I don't know where I should post any thing asking if the general consensus is that people should be allowed to do this.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

This is a general thing happening, be happy you made it for the attacker so unprofitable he wants to call is peace.

People will always attack un-allightend nations, this is because attacking an alliance member who cause severe consequences.

Only advise you will get is accept the peace, and preferable join an alliance

NO RECRUITING!!!

Actually, I have been in an alliance almost the whole of my stay in CN, which amounts to about 260 days.

I recently left my alliance(MCXA) with the intent of joining some of my friends a few hours ago.

Not 1 hour after I left MCXA, I was attacked with this.

My friends wouldn't amount to anywhere near his alliance, not that I would ask them to fight even if they were.

Also, I didn't think that I was recruiting.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

hm. after looking at your attacker, i begin to dislike him. not only because he threatens a clear weaker opponent with ZI if he even tries to defend himself, but i noticed a foreign aid offer "canceled for cheating" also.

he seems to be brave while attacking someone of half his NS and probably counting on alliance backup.

hmmmmm *thinking*...

Well, I'm hovering in the forum right now.

Several of their members logged in recently, the fact that none of them have posted 'Lolz, screw you' seems to be a good sign.

Edit: Guess I spoke to soon.

take peace with him submit it an he will take it

time an time again no AA you will get attacked i will be nice about this get with the program

thanks

Not too bad.
endorse?

he does what he wants like all of us

deal with it and $%&@ off

Ahem... Edited by Captain Scarlet

I'm not sure why he would go to the trouble of ZIing you. Personally I run my 2(or 4 if at update) ground attacks and offer peace, if someone that I am raiding fights back I will continue the war for the full 7 days unless they beg me for peace. I enjoy war so it doesn't really bother me too much. If they nuke me they get ZIed if I have the attention span to make it happen. One guy that nuked me had 500 infra left after the 7 days and I just forgot about it and moved on.

It comes down to what you priority is, if you want to make a statement you can fight back but your nation will basicly get destroyed. If you want to keep your nation relatively intact you are better off just swallowing you pride and moving on. My guess is that the threats are what really pissed you off and that is exactly why I don't threaten people to accept peace. I have warned people that were clearly waiting the 24 hours to be able to nuke but they always seem to nuke anyway. <_<

I personally would like to condone the actions of reuven, corncob and sidvicious- they can be a little 'outspoken' at times. I apologise on behalf of the IDD for the nature of this raid- we do in no way support tech raiding on active nations (I myself no longer raid as it is impossible to tell if a nation really is inactive and techraiding has become so widespread its having a damaging effect on the structure of cybernations and chances of survival for new players).

From what i have heard, the IDD government consists of honest and righteous people, it would be a terrible mistake to let the actions and behaviors of some members draw an image of the whole alliance. their leaders have taken adequate action and hopefully most of the damage, politically and infrawise, can be undone. may you grow and prosper in peace, and never get in the situation to be bullied around by someone stronger. making diplomatic friends is a good start anyways. I salute you.

From what i have heard, the IDD government consists of honest and righteous people, it would be a terrible mistake to let the actions and behaviors of some members draw an image of the whole alliance. their leaders have taken adequate action and hopefully most of the damage, politically and infrawise, can be undone. may you grow and prosper in peace, and never get in the situation to be bullied around by someone stronger. making diplomatic friends is a good start anyways. I salute you.

I'll take your word for it. Curses that I wasn't on when this first happened.

I'll take your word for it. Curses that I wasn't on when this first happened.

Both Minister of internal Affairs and Minister of Defense have assured me they will take care of the incident. I have no reason not to believe them and will check the victim nation for the aid package we spoke about from time to time.

Nice job wrapping it up the right way, IDD.

Oh, and Syz-- you're da man!

Thank you Enrique. IDD allows tech raids but it does not condone raids on active nations nor does it condone extortion. The government of The International Defense Directorate will not support or organize tech raids but it will not restrict the rights of it's members to wage wars on unaligned nations. I am sorry that this got out of hand as the President of IDD I would like to apologize to the nation in question.

Well, Peace has been declared.

I would like to commend bosterosoy, a leading member of IDD for his help in securing peace.

I've dealt with Bosterosoy before in diplomatic issues... he's very good at clearing up misunderstandings, negotiating peaceful settlements, etc. (waves at bosterosoy if he's reading this.... :awesome: )

I must agree. At first I'm afraid that I automatically assumed that the IDD was disorganized and generally a bad alliance. I know that this was wrong, it comes to that old saying about book covers, in a way. When I spoke to the authority in the alliance, it was all sorted out quickly.

Thankyou, hopefully no more unpleasantness will come from these regrettable circumstances. Once again my apologies to you Scarlet.

Thank you.

I commend you and your government for quickly sorting the circumstances out. Thanks again.