The Beginning of the End

Sarah Tintagyl

Sarah Tintagyl sat silent in her office as reports continued to file in from the front and across Europe. Italy was aglow from the massive amount of nuclear explosions going off and countless priceless works of art and culture, including the cultural center of Venice completely destroyed. Only moments ago she had received word that the first of Hanseatic soldiers had touched the shores around Rostock and were beginning to infiltrate the city and though the German navy and air force had done an incredible job at inflicting losses, ground forces had not yet encountered German infantry, but they were sure to show up later.

The world seemed to be in support of their cause, already Iberia, Norvsea and the Rebel Army had hastened to Gebiv's defense at pushing the German-Dutch invasion back, even at the cost of the destruction of Italy. However, with the gain of new allies, new enemies also began to rise up and it was this news that troubled the young lady so much. Staring at a report from the Franzharian government asking her to stand down was almost too much to bear. Across the line was her love, war was truly gruesome in all aspects, but peace was a pipe dream now. People did not just forget nuclear explosions, people did not just forget invasion forces and she could not forget her only beliefs. Deep down, Sarah felt that maybe she was going insane, maybe the power of Dutch and the Germans and their invasion of Gebiv had forced her into a mental insanity that honor was more important than life. But even if evidence told her differently, she was convinced that this war would have only led to an attack on Scandinavia, countries invade for hegemony and hegemony can only be achieved when the loud are silenced.

The Scandinavian Union was literally breaking up piece by piece and she feared the day that Franzharian tanks with support from UFE soldiers would bear down on Helsinki, or thoughts of the German and Dutch navy anchored outside the harbor. She would defend her nation from all foreign encroachment, her people had given her that duty, but he was on the other side and that hurt more than anything else.

"Milady." An aide walked into her office. "General Frolov and commanders from Estovakia are here to speak with you."

"Send them in." She said dryly, she would need to rid her personal thoughts for a moment and concentrate on the matters of state.

"Dearest Sarah,

Our worst mutual nightmare has come to fruit. I am equally sure that the pain you feel is as bad as mine. This hurts me beyond all comprehension, but does not damper my love for you, and I still fully intend to receive you on the end of the aisle in Helsinki Cathedral one day soon."

With eternal love,

Larsa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardith watched the devastation for a moment longer than began issuing orders, " Gather all weaponry and get together the stealthiest people. We need to strike at the heart of the enemy to assist the Hansa." The city was buzzing with activity as weaponry was gathered and the ten stealthiest Andonain gathered. They took suits of SCUBA gear and headed for a nearby island where a boat was hidden.

Natasha had waited patiently outside Mrs Tintagyl's office whilst the woman was allowed to collect her thoughts and prepare herself to meet Natasha. As she smoothed out the crinkles in her uniform Natasha blew out a short and soft sigh. This was why she preferred being a general, a military woman that way she didn't have to deal with politics and their consequences and instead only had to concentrate on fighting and winning battles. As she finished the aide who had met her before opened the door and beckoned for her to enter the office. With a short bow of acknowledgement she walked swiftly into the room her posture remaining upright and stiif as a military officer should be. Coming to a stop before the desk in front of her Natasha bowed deeply in respect to the woman on the other side.

"Mrs Tintagyl, Empress Motoko Kusanagi sends her regards and would like to infrom you of our support in the defense of your nation against possible attack. How can we be of assistance?" said Natasha seriousaly.

President DeSchaine crumpled the paper in his hand into a ball and hurled it across the room in frustration.

"GAE... bah! They've managed to make a right bags of this. So much for not being an army of conquest." He sighed and wearily sat down. He looked over a map of the Baltic and Scandinavian areas.

"Send a private note to that gammy royal there in Neo Franz... tell him that if one soldier steps foot into Hansa other than that one general... Solidor? If any NF soldier or aircraft violates the Hansa territory, I will come take back that torc personally." He scrubbed his hands over his unshaven face.

"Next, send someone... preferably a soldier...to find that NF general. I want to know if he can be induced to defect or, better yet, stage a coup."

"Uh, sir... that should be easy, considering his... involvement with PM Tintagyl." said an aide.

Christos glared daggers at the man. "Choosing between ones country and kin, and ones... involvement as you so delicately put it... is not an easy choice. I cant imagine what that man must be feeling, and I pray that I never have to find out for myself. Get moving!"

DeSchaine clenched his hands into fists and muttered. "Neutralize Hansa, eh? I'll neutralize him if he tries."

---

Soon after, a man with diplomatic credentials left the Taeunas embassy in Helsinki in search of Gen. Solidor.

President DeSchaine crumpled the paper in his hand into a ball and hurled it across the room in frustration.

"GAE... bah! They've managed to make a right bags of this. So much for not being an army of conquest." He sighed and wearily sat down. He looked over a map of the Baltic and Scandinavian areas.

"Send a private note to that gammy royal there in Neo Franz... tell him that if one soldier steps foot into Hansa other than that one general... Solidor? If any NF soldier or aircraft violates the Hansa territory, I will come take back that torc personally." He scrubbed his hands over his unshaven face.

"Next, send someone... preferably a soldier...to find that NF general. I want to know if he can be induced to defect or, better yet, stage a coup."

"Uh, sir... that should be easy, considering his... involvement with PM Tintagyl." said an aide.

Christos glared daggers at the man. "Choosing between ones country and kin, and ones... involvement as you so delicately put it... is not an easy choice. I cant imagine what that man must be feeling, and I pray that I never have to find out for myself. Get moving!"

DeSchaine clenched his hands into fists and muttered. "Neutralize Hansa, eh? I'll neutralize him if he tries."

---

Soon after, a man with diplomatic credentials left the Taeunas embassy in Helsinki in search of Gen. Solidor.

The man would soon stumble on Solidor's Helsinki Office. The General looked as if he had not slept in days.

"What is Salaj thinking? Is he insane?" he could be seen muttering to himself.

---

DeSchaine himself would receive a letter from Elijah.

"I understand if you might find recent statements by my Military Commanders....disturbing, but I assure you, If I were in a position of true power I wouldn't have issued that statement. Sadly, the beauracrats control the Kingdom, not me.

Perhaps it is time for change."

Elijah Rukia

Edited by Ranather

"Mrs Tintagyl, Empress Motoko Kusanagi sends her regards and would like to infrom you of our support in the defense of your nation against possible attack. How can we be of assistance?" said Natasha seriousaly.

Sarah smiled at Natasha. "At the moment we are playing offensively so hopefully your soldiers will not need to be used. However, we have two problems that require immediate attention. First, the Estovakian defenders need to join up with the other 30,000 Hanseatic soldiers who are prepared for defense. We have already begun building fortifications along the shores and in case of an intervention from the north. Essentially we have created the Hansa into a fortress for the duration of the war. If you have no objections, I would like to put the Estovakian contingents under a Hanseatic commander, however you would be responsible for their direct operation."

Turning to the window Sarah sighed. "Also if you could relay my thanks to her Imperial Highness I would be greatly appreciated. Estovakia has become one of our closest allies."

---------------------------

Later in the day as she shuffled through her reports a piece of paper dropped from Sarah's desk. It was the only hand written note in the pile; Larsa's letter.

Dearest Larsa,

The pain is almost too much more my small persona to bear. Since the invasion force has left I have been lost in my thoughts about whether what I have done was the right decision. But deep down I know that it was the right thing to do and I realize that while we may be on opposite sides of this conflict, our love cannot be separated by war alone. One day the world will know peace again and in this time we will see the fruits of our love full circle. You and your country are in my prayers Larsa and that we will never see our men fight one another.

Love Eternal,

Sarah

Later that day.

Natasha had completly agreed with Mrs Tintagyl and had had 10,000 of her soldiers placed under the command of Hanseatic commander's to be used where they thought they could be used best. The decision made sense of course as the Hanseatic commander's knew the terrain better than she and her officers did themselves however, she kept 2,500 of her combat soldiers with her at all times in the jeeps that they had brought across from the Imperium she was going to use them as a reinforcement force incase the enemy breach the line at any point. the force they had were equpiied with mostly with AK-47 assault rifles and a number of marksmen had their sniper rifles. A good sized portion of the forces were also armed with the Dragon Anti-Tank Missile Launcher for engaging and destroying enemy armour.

As she turned and walked back to her command and control centre the mission objectives kept playing through her mind. The first objective was to slow and hopefully stop any enemy attacks before they penetrated too far into Hansa. If that failed then the second objective was for the Imperium's troops to fight off any enemy attacks long enough for as many Hansatic people to be evacuated before fighting to their deaths. As she reached the centre she entered and sat down at the nearest table to write a letter to the Empress.

Dearest Moko,

We have arrived in Hansa with no problems and the troops have been sent out to provide the Hansatic people with a greater defense. Mrs Tintagyl sends her thanks for our assistance in this matter as one of her allies. You were right she is as amazing as you said she would be and she is holding together very well.

In case this is the last you ever hear from me, know that I have and always will love you and not even death itself can ever stop my love for you.

From you dearest love, Natasha.

Edited by King Kevz

Frolov walks into the PMs office and salutes, he takes a paper out of his pocket and hands it over to her.

"Under the Authority given to me by the King of Molakia, We hereby offer Defensive aid to Hansa, namely the City of Helsinki. My group of troops are under orders to secure the city and you from harm. Do not mistake this for help in your crusade however. We only wish to see no harm come to your people. My King was very upset when he heard Hansa soldiers invading."

Frolov takes a seat inside the office.

"I will remain with you as a liason. Colonel Shepard will be in charge of the actual battalion."

With that, Frolov salutes and waits for the PM to respond. He also slips a letter onto the desk...

Frolov walks into the PMs office and salutes, he takes a paper out of his pocket and hands it over to her.

"Under the Authority given to me by the King of Molakia, We hereby offer Defensive aid to Hansa, namely the City of Helsinki. My group of troops are under orders to secure the city and you from harm. Do not mistake this for help in your crusade however. We only wish to see no harm come to your people. My King was very upset when he heard Hansa soldiers invading."

Frolov takes a seat inside the office.

"I will remain with you as a liason. Colonel Shepard will be in charge of the actual battalion."

With that, Frolov salutes and waits for the PM to respond. He also slips a letter onto the desk...

"I would not imagine Molakia to engage in a war that they have to obligation to, but you have my utmost thanks in the desire to defend the Hansa if in fact we are invaded by coalition forces. I realize that this war may strain our relationship with your nation General Frolov and I pray that it is not the case, nevertheless we hope that peace descends on Europe very soon." After addressing the General she took a seat back at her desk and continued with the various other reports that were coming in from the front.

President DeSchaine whistled low as he read the letter. News of the changes in the NF government impressed upon him even more. "I was looking for results, but this was quicker than I'd dared hope for." He sat down and stared off into space, thinking carefully. He suddenly grabbed a pen and started to write.

Sir,

If you desire to bring about change in your nation, then you will have my support. My people and I want nothing more than stability in the region, and I will do whatever I can to help you bring about stability and good rule in your nation. For now, I would ask that nothing be done by you in the current conflict. Do not anger the GAE, or you may be their next target, but please dont force a confrontation in Hansa. It would be a disaster.

Respectfully,

Christos DeSchaine

President

--------------

Major Davis lightly rapped on the doorframe leading to Solidor's office. "Sir? Major Mike Davis, Taeunas Armed Forces." He lookd quizicaly at the man for a second then proceeded. "Sir, my CO would like me to have a few words with you on matters of... mutual intrest. WOuld that be possible right now?" He fidgeted a tiny bit. This cloak and dagger stuff was for the birds.

--------------

Second Fleet was passing near Skagen and steaming along at a brisk pace. Battle drills were run, AAR's done and then more drills. Four Tyre fighters were kept on constant Ready-Five on the TNS Morrigan. Soon they would be in the red zone and all crew would have to don CBR gear until they reached Hansa waters.

Major Davis lightly rapped on the doorframe leading to Solidor's office. "Sir? Major Mike Davis, Taeunas Armed Forces." He lookd quizicaly at the man for a second then proceeded. "Sir, my CO would like me to have a few words with you on matters of... mutual intrest. WOuld that be possible right now?" He fidgeted a tiny bit. This cloak and dagger stuff was for the birds.

"Unless you can help me stop a snapped man, embolden a War-shy King, prevent a civil war, and save my fiancee, I'm not sure what you say will interest me, but please. Continue."

"Unless you can help me stop a snapped man, embolden a War-shy King, prevent a civil war, and save my fiancee, I'm not sure what you say will interest me, but please. Continue."

Davis chuckled and arched an eyebrow and regarded the man closely. "Well, sir, stopping a snapped man can be simple, depending on his security. Embolden a war shy king... even more so, with the right tools. Preventing a civil war.. thats tough, but the last one is certainly do-able."

He thought quickly as he leaned against the door. "Our fleet will be here within a day or so. That includes our Special Forces ships Ticonderoga and Saratoga. A total of four companies of our best SF troops, plus vehicles and such for support. Snipers, demolitions, you name it. If you can lay your hands on some uniforms fromm a GAE nation besides your own, we might be able to kill two birds with one bullet." He paused and thought some more. "Mind you, I'm just thinking out loud in hypothetical situations here, sir." He smiled apologeticly. "We'd need something from you in return."

Davis chuckled and arched an eyebrow and regarded the man closely. "Well, sir, stopping a snapped man can be simple, depending on his security. Embolden a war shy king... even more so, with the right tools. Preventing a civil war.. thats tough, but the last one is certainly do-able."

He thought quickly as he leaned against the door. "Our fleet will be here within a day or so. That includes our Special Forces ships Ticonderoga and Saratoga. A total of four companies of our best SF troops, plus vehicles and such for support. Snipers, demolitions, you name it. If you can lay your hands on some uniforms fromm a GAE nation besides your own, we might be able to kill two birds with one bullet." He paused and thought some more. "Mind you, I'm just thinking out loud in hypothetical situations here, sir." He smiled apologeticly. "We'd need something from you in return."

"It's the something in return that piques me." Larsa said with a smirk. "What sort of 'return' are your people expecting, then? It's a big investment and I suppose they'd like a decent sized one."

Pouring himself a Scotch, he continued.

"Salaj, our resident madman and Retired Chancellor, has already defected. Took one quarter of our boys with him. He's on the move, we need to act fast."

***Classified Message to Larsa Solidor, from Tsar Romanov of Molakia****

Larsa, i have Frolov and the 1000 soldiers from the Helsinki incident on the PM. Don't worry, ill keep your little bride safe, even if i have to fly down there myself! Frolov has his orders....keep the PM safe at any cost. And i mean that.

If you must attack via treaties, give us as much advanced warning as possible. While we cannot gurantee that Tintagyl will go silent, we can gurantee her survival.

"..Enemy air attack..."

"What in the...?"

"..yeah, thats what I said"

The combined RADAR of the AWACs and the surface ships had detected the massive air armada heading towards the fleet. Therefore, the German aircraft had the oppurtunity to head towards the enemy aircraft. Each MF-2 Chimera was equipped with seven hardpoints, and each employed the newest in air munitons, the MTAAM-Silencer. Each of these missiles was equipped with a SCRAMjet engine. The Silencer uses a computer which means it's guided bu the MRT-2 RADAR system on the Hawk and Falcon, and can be programmed to be compatible with any RADAR, including ground RADAR. The missile also has a miniature RADAR with a twenty kilometer range for its terminal phase. The Predator is also programmed for use of surface SODAR and CELLDAR systems if available.

The missile also has a heterodyne-reception optical RADAR using a standard configuration [transmitter laser > exit optics > atmospheric propagation path > target] and [photodetector > photocurrent processing > image processing / BermCombiner/ local oscillato entrance optics]. The Silencer's transmitter is a Casegrainian telescope. Each missile had a 20KG Octagen warhead.

In the end, every German Fighter in the sky unleashed these potent weapons, hoping to knock the enemy airforce out of the sky. However, some fighters were downed before they could even fire. These brave pilots would live in eternity.

On the surface, the massive air assault was slamming into the German North Fleet. Dozens of bombs exploded in the water along the ships, causing death to crews and damaging the hulls of two others. The crews of those ships jumped overboard to various floating rafts. The ships used their 'Gungnir' Mark V Combined Gun/Missile System, which would feel the skies with 33mm shells plus surface to air missiles. This would be a potent combination to down the enemy aircraft.

---

"..Well, the Hansa fleet is moving back.."

"Just what we wanted..might as well kill two birds with one stone.."

"Hansa will regret ever attacking us..The others are just..along for the ride"

"Alert all stations! Prepare Torpedo tubes!"

"Fire"

The U-217 lurking in the waters behind the German Fleet launched one 553mm 250KT Nuclear Torpedos. They headed towards the Hansa and other enemy Fleets, however, upon detection by the enemy fleet it would detonate, evaporating the entire force. Another Submarine launched a lone SLBM, with a 50KT Nuclear Warhead, this missile was headed towards the Hansa homeland. They would pay for their attack upon the fatherland.

Edited by Malatose

**Prior to the Missile Launch**

"No! No! No! Let me go! Let me go! I can't abandon my capital! My people! Get your filthy hands off of me!" Sarah screamed as four men in Hanseatic and Prussian uniforms grabbed her by the arms and lifted her into the air. "You aren't taking me anywhere, I need to protect my homeland!"

"Its too dangerous here Lady Tintagyl. The world values your safety, you are the voice of peace and reason in this world. We can't let you die." A Prussian said with a heavy accent. "Kaiser Tanzband has given us direct orders that you are to be taken to Königsberg immediately. There is a helicopter outside the Diet that will take us there." He said as they dragged the screaming girl down the marble stairs of the Diet.

"No! You don't understand this is my homeland, my birthplace! I can't leave! We're winning the war!" She started to cry. "You can't take me away from here! Everything I know, everything I love exists in this city! Please let me go! Let me go!"

Kicking open the entrance door to the Hall the soldiers continued to push Sarah to the helicopter that was ready to leave as soon as she was inside. She was a wreak by this point, her eye shadow had covered her face in what almost looked like a black tar, she had a tired pinkish look to her face and she was defeated, she felt defeated that she couldn't go on. She didn't want to go on, she wanted to die. Death would be so much easier.

The pilot opened the door to the helicopter and the four men carefully placed the Prime Minister inside, the Prussians jumped in and with a great swing the Hanseatic soldiers closed the door. As the helicopter took off Sarah jumped up against the window and watched as Helsinki got further and further away from her. She began to bang her head repeatedly against the glass, crying hysterically as she did so. "No! No! No!" She cried her voice cracking then she looked down at the diamond ring on her finger. "LARSA! NO! PLEASE GOD! LARSA!" The cries echoed across the world, she had lost the will to live.

OOC: I've already talked with Prussia for Sarah's safety there for what ever happens with that missile.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: Thanks for the response, but I think Sarah's forces already landed. /OOC

EAGLE LEAD: HAWK LEAD, this is EAGLE LEAD, come in, over.

HAWK LEAD: Go ahead, EAGLE LEAD, over.

EL: Got a minute to give me a casualty report, over?

HL: The bomber force has lost another ten planes, repeat one-zero, over.

EL: So that leaves how many, over?

HL: We've got nine, repeat nine operational airframes, all Winchester, all RTB, over.

EL: Roger that. Fighter force took heavy hits too, total of fourteen, repeat one-four, operational airframes, over.

HL: Are we going to have air cover on the way back, over?

EL: We've gotten another tasking, covering some SpecOps insertion, but we have six planes who are bingo fuel, over.

HL: Roger that, we'll take the six. HAWK LEAD, over and out.

The bomber force would take more losses on its return to Iberian airspace, as would their escorts. When the mission was finally over, seven bombers and two fighters landed at Barcelona of the original thirty each. The eight fighters detailed to cover the Fuerza Paracaista insertion all succumbed to a combination of heavy AA fire, opposing fighters, and the lack of fuel.

"It's the something in return that piques me." Larsa said with a smirk. "What sort of 'return' are your people expecting, then? It's a big investment and I suppose they'd like a decent sized one."

Pouring himself a Scotch, he continued.

"Salaj, our resident madman and Retired Chancellor, has already defected. Took one quarter of our boys with him. He's on the move, we need to act fast."

Major Davis smiled. "It is a big one, sir. You, or someone you trust implicitly, running your nation. A minor overhaul of your nations officials. And your word that, if this is completed, Neo Franz will withdraw from the Gae..." His voice trailed off as his phone beeped. Glancing at the ID he decided to answer it. "Excuse me for a second, sir." He turned. "Go for Davis." He listened intently for a few seconds. "Right, out!" Slamming the phone into a pocket, he came around the desk and bodily hauled the general out of his chair and dragged him down the stairs as the sound of a chopper could be heard.

"Sorry about this sir, but we have to go NOW. Our ships and sats have an inbound ballistic track. You, me and the rest of the Taeunas embassy are evacuating to your country. Hope they dont mind unexpected guests." They made it outside as the chopper flared to a landing. Davis threw Larsa into the helo and jumped in after him, slamming the door shut and screaming "GOGOGOGO!" at the pilot.

The only response from the pilot was the almost instant redline of the engines and the resulting enthusiastic lift and flight. The pilot had no intention of being wingman to a cosmic catastrophe. The crew chief handed headsets to both the men and helped the startled general strap in.

OOC: Just a little bit behind this post. First, the tune of the ballad is an old Irish folksong and I made adjustments to the lyrics to fit this story. I don't know what's going on with my nation right now, so I want to try and create a cultural humanistic base.

**In the forests north of Turku**

Five Hanseatic soldiers sat around a small campfire in the darkened forest and it felt that their entire world was lost. Truly the country was collapsing all around them, but instead of cursing their fate they only replied with a strange silence. A pot of beans and meat cooked on the fire as they poked their food with forks and sticks. How long before they were considered outlaws, they, everyone was only doing their duty to their country, their duty to the world. Then why did they feel so sick and tired.

"I can't take this silence anymore Ari. Get that god damn guitar out and play us something. I don't want to listen to the wolves howling all night."

Ari nodded at his friend and reached down beneath his seat and took out a case with a old guitar inside, it was a worn instrument, but it had a mystic effect as it had seen many more previous wars and it had specialized in the sadness of dreams. "What do you want me to play?"

"I don't know, just something to take our minds off all of this."

"Well the opposite of war is love then." Ari shook his head for a moment. "All right, I have something. I've been working on it for awhile, the tune is Taenuasian, but its a Scandinavian story."

Ari ran his fingers down the strings of the guitar and began to sing.

As the world around me falls

I heard a young girl call-ing

"Larsa they have taken us away.

For the dangers pull apart

The power of our hearts

And now I lay suffering away from you."

Softly roll the clouds along the sky

And our love eternal would never die

Now we wait across the seas

For our love to return to thee

And the sun now seems stricken from the sky.

As the world around me falls

I heard a young man call-ing

"Sarah, take my hand and hold it strong

Our fight it must go on

And peace to sing your song

Now we must hope for better days."

And our love eternal will never die

For our love to return to thee

Now the world indeed does fade

And the lovers seem away

As their worlds seem to drift further gone

But one day they'd join as one

Embrace as bright as sun

And the clouds white, would again fill the sky

And our love eternal will never die

For love to return to thee

Ari placed down the guitar and looked at his comrades, the Hansa made had been defeated in many ways, but the people were still strong and until their spirits were broken, they would continue as best as they could. The world would always remember the sacrifices of that small country that stood against odds impossible.

((OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1170569

Mercy said 40% of the bombs would still be active, destroying 30% of the city.))

Under Berlin, The Norsvean toys were waiting. Placed under there in the Nordlandic war as an act of defiance towards their former allies, hundreds of thermite bombs waited under Berlin to be activated. The control center was in Oslo, and General Forsvare approved the order.

"Activate the bombs."

Explosions could be heard from under parts of Berlin, and the bombs still active would quite possibly cripple the city, a former hub of German culture, would now be a mere reminder of the Norsvean Military code:

"We will swim across !@#$ creek to put you farther up it and steal your paddles."

"To arms, men! We must avenge our Hanseatic friends in Helinski!"

In Malmo, all avaliable military craft were getting ready for an invasion of Germany. This time, they would be using their much superior air transports. 10 fighter squadrons and 20 bomber squadrons accompanied the mass air transportation movement. The planes would fly at high altitude to avoid radar detection. They would be pushing far beyond Rostock this time, dropping 50,000 troops over Berlin, and 40,000 in Rostock to possibly secure another beach invasion. the other 10 bombing squadrons would be hitting both civilian and military targets.

However, before this would begin, some 100 An-225 bombers and 100 F-117 bombers would be hitting Berlin, adding insult to injury with the recent underground bomb eruption.

The other 9 cruise missiles not used yet would be aimed for Berlin. They would be launched at the same time, staying at a low altitude to possibly avoid detection by SDIs.

From afar, Gebivians also contributed to the Northern Effort. Since the Germans had no means to halt the Cruise Missiles after the EMPing, they were shot, going for different targets. Military targets: Their supply lines, particularily reinforced areas, sometimes aircraft. If more could have been done, that would have been the case.