The Beginning of the End

Sarah Tintagyl

"DAMN!" Romanov shouts as he slams his hands into a desk. The Middle Aged King is in a rage after Hansa declared war.

"STUPID, IGNORANT GIRL! You cannot as a leader send your people to die for a cause without the slightest chance of victory! GET FROLOV IN HERE NOW!"

"Yes sir!"

Antonev Frolov walks into the Kings office several minutes later, decked out in usual military garb.

"Yes my liege? Is there something you need?"

"Take the Nordland Brigade to Hansa. FIND THE PM. Protect her at ALL COST. Bring the 'special' weapons."

"You dont mean..." frolov says with horror in his voice.

"Yes."

Antonev frolov salutes his king and walks out. Several hours later 1000 men board a train to Helsinki, loaded with arms, NBC equipment and some artillery pieces. Loaded in the back of the train is the legacy of the Old Molakia: Chlorine and Mustard Gases, loaded into shells.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**KaiserBunker**

"...Kaiser..we're now under attack in the north.."

"..The north..?

"..Yes, the Haneseatic are attempting a landing in the north?"

"Defenses?!?!"

"Sir, our troops in the south have been hit my EMP munitions and in the west, we are involved a massive struggle against Gebiv, the reserves are being mobilizing and should arrive by noon."

"..and why isn't our navy responding..?"

"They will be soon Kaiser.."

"Use any means to repel this..or I will have your head..Admiral"

"Any means?"

"Yes, any means.."

The Kaiser laid his head into the palm of his hands, shaking from the intense anger.

"Everything I have done, blowing up around me. But if they dare attempt to break what I have built, then I will take them all with me!"

--

North Front:

The German North Fleet, of roughly thirty six ships, had been slow to respond but now the attack was to commence. Using data collected from satellites and OTH-B Complexes, they had pinpointed the exact location of the enemy fleet. Soon, the enemy fleet would be in the bottom of the ocean and not one survivor would remain. Leading this massive fleet was one of six massive Bismarck II-class Guided Missile Battleships. These massive ships were the most powerful in the German Naval arsenal and they would be backed up by the smaller frigates, cruisers, destroyers. The carriers would remain in the middle, to get the most protection from not only her own Surface-to-Air missile systems, but the other ships as well.

As the massive fleet approached, the massive battleships began to turn into a T formation. This would place all their heavy guns directly towards the enemy invasion fleet. From the carriers, dozens upon dozens of aircraft roared off the flight decks. Their main goal was to create an air defense shield, using a combination of ship, as well as AWACs, they would be able to detect any enemy aircraft coming. With precautions in place, the battle began. From the Bismarcks, the massive M10 Naval Rifles 212mm (8.35”) L60 ETCs and M11 Naval Rifles 130mm (5.1”) L75 ETC guns opened fire, spilling dozens of shells towards the enemy.

The other ships of the fleet opened fire in kind but not from their guns. They unleashed the Sledgehammer II Anti-Shipping Missile. Each Sledgehammer launched into the skies at a speed of Mach 1.2 then increases to up to Mach 5.4 during the terminal/engagement phase. These Sledgehammer IIs were programed to commit itself to 'shaking' maneuvers to avoid tracking and enemy counter-munitions. Each warhead on the missile is a dense and heavy dU penetrating 'cap' of considerable depth, with a subsequent high explosive in a shaped compartment to increase depth of penetration and to cause much damage to an engaged ship. The penetrating cap has a 'buffer cap' composed of copper and separated from the 'main penetrator' by a lining of rubber. This is to avoid a 'decapping' of the penetrator if the penetrator hates a spaced plate. In the end, each ship launched three sledgehammers at each invasion ship.

The aircraft in the skies did not participate in this attack; instead, they held back to counter the impending enemy air attack.

"..put the 1KT Warheads on alert.."

"Alert?"

"..yes..we'll never know when we'll need them"

The submarines under the waves laid in wait, awaiting their orders.

Edited by Malatose

OOC: Its no different than vaporizing masses with nukes of shooting them with a gun. Wounded, dying and dead are the same no matter the means. And Centurius... nice referance to the Sanct Kingdom. Sarah isnt your long lost lil sis is she? lol

IC: While Taeunas does not view this as a wise decision, we respect the Prime Ministers choices. Because of our respect and our close ties to the people of the Hansa, Taeunas forces are standing by to defend their lands should it be needed.

Already, our Second Fleet is headed for Hansa waters to take up patrol stations.

OOC: I highly recommend against this. People here get very angry if you use chemical weapons.

(OOC Note- As said before, this wars gone nuclear already. Nukes are hard to counter, but basic WMD stuff isnt that hard.)

Antonev Frolov and his men disembark off the train in Helsinki only to be met by Hansa armed men.

"I guess this is how you treat allies? I am Antonev Frolov, Commander of the Molakian Army. I must see the PM Immediatly!"

"Damn it all!" Nyjord looked from his transporter. "The least they could have did is hit us in the center of the Baltic. Then at least I wouldn't have any hope for this to work!" Turning from looking at the advancing German fleet Nyjord looked at the scores of rowboats beginning to reach the shores of Rostock. "They need to row faster, we need to take that city after that we can actually begin to create a defense perimeter." Deep down Nyjord doubted his chances in making out of this fire fight alive, indeed what were the chances of true success against the power of a foe such as the Germans. Turning to the radio operators on his side he pounded his fist against the table. "Tell Forsvare to get his aircraft above my men and get his navy to poke some holes in those German !@#$%^&*!"

"Right away Admiral!" The operator turned to relay the message as Nyjord turned to watch the enemy fleet.

All around them the bombs were going off in the air as the disembarkation transformed to frenzy as scores of rowboats were dropped into the water, some men believing their chances better in the Baltic itself dove into the azure void only to succumb to the freezing water of February. Their comrades watched in horror as their heads bobbed out of the water for a moment, screamed in pain then sank back down to the bottom of the sea. The shells unleashed from the Bismarks exploded in the sky and against the halls of many of the invasion ships causing a smoky chaos for the entire Hanseatic fleet. Countless ships, some decoy, some not were blasted out of the water in a flaming inferno as burning effigies of soldiers jumped from the boat, while rowboats that were still tied to the ships were crushed by the sinking hulls. "Damn it all!" Nyjord dropped his binoculars. "Just a little more time. Just a little more time!"

Henrik breathed hard over and over as his boat neared the shore. So far they couldn't see any land defenses and the German airforce had only created a defense for the fleet so at the moment, the land seemed much more promising then the sea. As they rowed they looked at dead Hanseatic soldiers floating in the water, the blood mixing with the grayish-blue of the water. The shells from the enemy ships flew over head as well and every so often a shell that would miss one of the transport ships and land in the middle of the tiny metal boats. For a moment everything would be silent then a fiery wave would erupt from the water as men exploded into the sky, their screams echoing from the smoke.

"Get ready to land!" A lieutenant cried out on Henrik's boat. The water was now shallow enough that they would be able to wade through without catching hypothermia like their previous comrades that dove off the ships. "Out of the boats!" Officers yelled across the gray waves and the Hanseatics jumped from the boat and into the knee deep water as they ran to the shore of Rostock. Henrik was one of the first to reach the beach as they took cover from the dunes around them as more and more joined ready to begin the advancement.

OOC: Its no different than vaporizing masses with nukes of shooting them with a gun. Wounded, dying and dead are the same no matter the means. And Centurius... nice referance to the Sanct Kingdom. Sarah isnt your long lost lil sis is she? lol

IC: While Taeunas does not view this as a wise decision, we respect the Prime Ministers choices. Because of our respect and our close ties to the people of the Hansa, Taeunas forces are standing by to defend their lands should it be needed.

Already, our Second Fleet is headed for Hansa waters to take up patrol stations.

OOC: Thanks but no I also have claims on Relena lol :P

Due to this attack on the German Homeland, the UESR will be sending a contingent of troops to help bolster their Northern Front.

50,000 men geared up and headed out to the Hungarian border, all mechanized on the ground or in the air. Several squadrons of F/A-22's were sent to aid the German Comrades as well.

"...most of the enemy fleet has been sunk"

"Yes, but they're still attemping to land.."

".. they'll be dead..in due time.."

The massive German battleships continued their unrelentless assault, as hundreds of shells continued to pound the enemy invasion fleet. As the Hansa numbers dwindled, the massive battleships began to fire fewer and fewer shells. However, the Northern Front of the Reich still wasn't secured. Hansa forces continued on to Rostok, attempting to land. This would be their last day on earth, as the German military had already declared judgement. The Admiral of the Fleet ordered his aircraft to divert from CAP to engage the troops in the water and attempting to land. What would follow next would be nothing but pure armageddon. Some of the cruisers pointed their 155mm Naval Guns towards the Hansa landing parties, attempting to shred them to piece.

In the air, German Aircraft would have a field day. They would drop a combination of Fuel Air Munitions and Fletchette Bombs. As the bombs fell and exploded, the fletchette darts, each with the sharpness of a razor blade would scatter into all directions. As they scattered, they would reach high sub-sonic speeds, which would allow it to easily rip through the flesh of the enemies soldiers, incompacitating them almost immediatly. This air assault would continue around the clock, until enemy soldiers were either pushed back or utterly destroyed.

"Hailstorm, now."

The German Task force would soon see the sun get dimmer, and if they looked up, it would appear as a cloud had diffused the light of the sun. Then, the whistling of bombs began. Each second, 3 bombs would impacting, not letting up at all. While this was going on, in a great feat of coordination, the ASFs would fly through the fray, divebombing the enemy ships with what all of their munitions.

Half of the attacking ASFs, which were about 10 squadrons, would engage the enemy fighters first. These pilots flew with grace, and it would seem like every squadron's attack was coreographed.

The Norsvean fleet was far enough behind the Hanseatic fleet that they would not be seen by the German fleet. And when they heard about this attack, the General authorized Tomahawks to hit each aircraft carrier and the large battleship.

---AIR OVER ROSTOCK :: 900H---

Air transport had to be the way to go now. The elite Fohldense Corps, 2500 strong, would be paradropped over the city of Rostock to surround the beach defenses. These men wore normal street clothes, and once they had landed, they did their best to blend with the citizens of the city and to pick off the enemy garrison.

"Colonel!" the Commander-in-Chief, European Forces, screamed from his office.

"Sir?"

"Hansa's trying to invade from the north."

"Sir, I'm the commander of a Bomb Wing --"

"They're trying to invade with rowboats. The enemy has real warships."

"Sir, I still don't see what I'm supposed to be doing--"

"You get your birds in the air and then we see precisely how fast those damn Kuznetsov engines can push them. Once you're overhead the invasion route, you bomb the !@#$ out of any enemy warships you find. We'll be sending three squadrons of fighters to provide cover for you."

"Sir, about refueling?"

"You'll make it there and back without any issues. Go, damnit! We aren't losing Hansa when they're the ones that got us in this mess!"

"Sir, yes sir!"

Two minutes after that conversation, thirty B.160 "Halcon" bombers screamed down their runways in northern Iberia, followed shortly by thirty F.22 "Aguila" supersonic fighters. In the fifty minutes it had taken them to reach the invasion route, fully a third of their number had succumbed to anti-aircraft artillery and surface-to-air missiles. The remaining eighteen bombers and twenty-three fighters began to seek out targets, but it wasn't long before...

"HAWK ONE, this is EAGLE ONE, we have a problem, over."

"Yeah, we can't see them either, over."

"Confirm your radars are not, repeat not, picking up the Hansa forces, over."

"That's a-firm, over."

"Pick targets and fire at will. EAGLE ONE, over and out."

And the dance of death began in earnest.

OOC: Hansa, either the rowboats weren't there anymore or they were just too small (and too wooden) to be picked up on radar, I leave that RP to you. I also leave the effectiveness of the bombing/strafing to other players to decide (Can't RP your characters, now can I?). The bombers will have a long loiter time, so they'll be able to engage targets for a while; the fighters will be at the edge of their range (Did I honestly forget tankers? Yes, yes I did), so they'll either have to ditch or turn back immediately.

*Private musing*

"Considering you activated a MDP to aid the aggressor of a war, someone could say the same to you."

OOC: GAE is not an MDP. I'm supporting an allied nation to the GAE's cause, it is obviously in my best interest that the Germans prevail here.

Edited by Cody Seb

"Forward! Forward! You have to move forward! There's only water behind you!" The lieutenants screamed at their troops after they have landed on the shore. Henrik looked around him at the massive army forming on his left and right, all young men, all scared, yet all determined. Slowly the organized on the shore, but looking back at the chaotic state of the Hanseatic Fleet the field officers realized that it would only be a matter of time before the German airforce would strike and they were correct. "Get down! Find cover!"

Over their heads swarmed a massive amount of planes that flooded the air. The Hanseatic advance seemed to halt for a moment pausing on the beaches as the planes lay metal fury into their bodies. The bullets and bombs flew around Henrik as men on his left and right lost limbs, torsos, and heads almost instantly. Thousands of men hit the ground hoping to take cover from the air attack, but as hell rained down from the sky the German navy moved directed their cannons onto the beach as sand flew into the air in enormous explosions. The combination of naval fire and air fire began to force the Hanseatic advance back, but realizing that there was no escape now the men stomached the loss and came moving up the shore.

Henrik had taken shelter under the body of a fallen comrade, which had already saved his life twice in the last few minutes. Could they move any further.

"Look! Norvsea!" Henrik heard one his lieutenants shout from behind a sand dune. "Men get up! We need to keep moving!" Within moments the entire shore of the Baltic had descended into a great naval and air battle. The Norvsean air force and navy had begun to engage the Germans on their own ground while in the distance the Hanseatics could see the bombers coming over the horizon from their allies in Iberia and their morale, though not as high as before soared as the young soldiers picked up their rifles once again and advance across the beach. With the lulled for a moment, Hanseatic casualties dropped for a moment as they climbed the dunes leading to the grass fields on the outskirts of Rostock.

-------------

Meanwhile Admiral Nyjord had authorized the Hanseatic fleet to begin to retreat back behind the Norvsean fleet approaching towards them. They had dropped their payload and had suffered enormous losses in doing so, but slowly the injured ships sulked back. German shells still striking the water all around them and many an unfortunate ship would explode into a pillar of smoke before descending into the depths of the Baltic.

"Radio Helsinki." Nyjord turned to an operator. "Our forces are on the ground and we have engaged the Germans with support from Norvsea and Iberia."

A Statement from Neo Franzharia Military Command

We are highly alarmed at this sudden war erupting right in our backyard. Though the Hanseatics are steadfast allies and we have no wish to see them crippled or destroyed, we are still a charter member of the Grand Army of Europe.

Though it would fill us with a heavy heart to do so, we would honour our GAE obligations and neutralize the Hanseatic Military if it became necessary to secure our own borders.

However, in the interests of peace, we ask for the Hanseatic Republic to immediately stand down and we invite all representatives of the conflicting parties to Bastion to seek a peaceful solution.

The Estovakia Imperium's merchant ships ,that were actually devoid of cargo and instead held the 15,000 soldiers and their equipment of the Imperium's task force that the Empress had sent, made their way through international waters and swung around avoiding other nation's waters until they reached the mouth of the baltic where they then sailed along until they reached Hansa without incident. Upon arrival the ships pulled into port where they allowed the soldiers onboard to disembark. Commander Natasha sent personally by Empress Motoko Kusanagi was there to over see the defense of Hansa and she stood watching her troops unload waiting for a Hansa offical to arrive.

Private message to Lady Sarah Tintagyl

While our air forces continue to suffer heavy casualties, the Federacion is glad that it was able to support the landing and will continue to do what it can to back Hanseatic efforts in the northern theater.

- Juan Esparrago

Classified Orders, MINDEF to MOE

The Mandato de Operaciones Especiales [special Operations Command] is hereby ordered to deploy all or part of the Fuerza Paracaista [Parachute Force] in support of the Hanseatic and Norsvean landing at ROSTOCK. Fighter cover will be provided for your insertion by the 21st Fighter Wing. Further support will be possible, but unlikely due to the heavy volume of anti-aircraft fire along the flight route. You will be in complete command of your forces, but it is recommended that you liaise with the Hanseatic commander on the ground.

Classified Orders, MOE to Fuerza Paracaista

The Fuerza Paracaista is hereby ordered to embark two (2) divisions for immediate combat deployment to the ROSTOCK beachhead in support of the Hanseatic landing there. Combat command will be through organic leadership, but liaison with Hanseatic and Norsvean forces at that location. Fighter cover for the insertion will be provided by the 21st Fighter Wing. Recommend a flight plan utilizing Welsh and international airspace as long as possible. Previous aerial attacks along the direct path have met with heavy anti-aircraft fire. Aerial refueling will be made available in Welsh airspace on both entry and return legs. Respond when ready to step off.

Classified orders, MINDEF to CO, 21stFW

The 21st Fighter Wing is hereby ordered to launch in its entirety to support the insertion of the Fuerza Paracaista at ROSTOCK in support of Hanseatic and Norsvean forces there. Aerial refueling will be made available in Welsh airspace on both entry and return legs. Weapons are YELLOW while in Welsh or international airspace; Weapons are GREEN over hostile territory. Coordinate with Fuerza Paracaista for launch time.

Classified response, Fuerza Paracaista to MOE

The Fuerza Paracaista and 21st FW are ready to step off, sir. Force total: two (2) divisions, total 20,000 soldiers. Flight plan filed through Welsh, international, and Dutch airspace. Refueling will be necessary on both entry and return legs. We await your orders.

Unclassified radio message, MOE to Fuerza Paracaista

Green light, green light. Viva la Federacion!

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by spaero2011

Sarah Tintagyl sat silent in her office as reports continued to file in from the front and across Europe. Italy was aglow from the massive amount of nuclear explosions going off and countless priceless works of art and culture, including the cultural center of Venice completely destroyed. Only moments ago she had received word that the first of Hanseatic soldiers had touched the shores around Rostock and were beginning to infiltrate the city and though the German navy and air force had done an incredible job at inflicting losses, ground forces had not yet encountered German infantry, but they were sure to show up later.

The world seemed to be in support of their cause, already Iberia, Norvsea and the Rebel Army had hastened to Gebiv's defense at pushing the German-Dutch invasion back, even at the cost of the destruction of Italy. However, with the gain of new allies, new enemies also began to rise up and it was this news that troubled the young lady so much. Staring at a report from the Franzharian government asking her to stand down was almost too much to bear. Across the line was her love, war was truly gruesome in all aspects, but peace was a pipe dream now. People did not just forget nuclear explosions, people did not just forget invasion forces and she could not forget her only beliefs. Deep down, Sarah felt that maybe she was going insane, maybe the power of Dutch and the Germans and their invasion of Gebiv had forced her into a mental insanity that honor was more important than life. But even if evidence told her differently, she was convinced that this war would have only led to an attack on Scandinavia, countries invade for hegemony and hegemony can only be achieved when the loud are silenced.

The Scandinavian Union was literally breaking up piece by piece and she feared the day that Franzharian tanks with support from UFE soldiers would bear down on Helsinki, or thoughts of the German and Dutch navy anchored outside the harbor. She would defend her nation from all foreign encroachment, her people had given her that duty, but he was on the other side and that hurt more than anything else.

"Milady." An aide walked into her office. "General Frolov and commanders from Estovakia are here to speak with you."

"Send them in." She said dryly, she would need to rid her personal thoughts for a moment and concentrate on the matters of state.