Operation Downfall

Rebel Virginia

OOC: Have you explained this earlier or are you RPing the past yourself? :P Not to mention that watching all of the tens of thousands of ships in that sea at any one time (especially when they're not in water controlled by you) with a navy that's probably a few dozen ships at most seems just a little impossible.

OOC: The RL US military would have a hell of a time pulling off what Gebiv claims he is doing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: But why would they stand out from the tens of thousands of other ships in the area?

OOC: Because they aren't my ships. They aren't registered with me. Foreign ships don't make up a high percentage of the traffic. Now, I'll debate this with you tomorrow. But I'll put it this way. Taking land of a long-established nation out of no where when you have very minimal knowledge of CNRP and don't have a nation is NOT easy.

"I see." said the Pope with interest. "Well, then I'll have to call some allies of mine and get them armed. Also, Mr. X, I'm going to need your people ready to start trouble on Gebiv's border within the week." The train came a halt. "Well, it looks like we've arrived. Come along to the meeting room now."

"The Kaevan militia has an advantage no other military force could ever hope to have - they are virtually impossible to identify as soldiers since there is no required appearance for our soldiers, they have generally spent many years on run from the law in the countries they lived in before our revolution which gives them knowledge on how to not be seen, and fight for something greater than any man or nation; equality. We believe that it will only take three to four days to send them down the Nile." He looked out the train's entrance. "After you."

OOC: Because they aren't my ships. They aren't registered with me. Foreign ships don't make up a high percentage of the traffic. Now, I'll debate this with you tomorrow. But I'll put it this way. Taking land of a long-established nation out of no where when you have very minimal knowledge of CNRP and don't have a nation is NOT easy.

OOC: They would not just appear, my guy has been planning it for months and all the ships have long since merged into the traffic and have likely passed your land many times

I only have minimal knowledge of the changes CN made, I am not new to RP as a whole.

OOC: Okay, this is getting a little heated. I'm sure this can be taken to the OOC thread. And Gebiv, I understand your concerns and assure you that he will not be RPing any of your citizens. Just see how this unfolds.

IC: The group arrived at the meeting and an observer from the Greater German Empire was there waiting for them. "Good to see you've arrived." greeted the Pope. "Very good, very good. I trust my aides have briefed you on the plan?"

"The Kaevan militia has an advantage no other military force could ever hope to have - they are virtually impossible to identify as soldiers since there is no required appearance for our soldiers, they have generally spent many years on run from the law in the countries they lived in before our revolution which gives them knowledge on how to not be seen, and fight for something greater than any man or nation; equality. We believe that it will only take three to four days to send them down the Nile." He looked out the train's entrance. "After you."

The Pope waited for the men to take their seats. "Mr. X, I'm sorry I couldn't respond to you when we got off the train. I was busy walking. As you know, I am very old and can only do one thing at a time. I haven't forgotten what you said though. But yes, it is good to see your men can get down the Nile, but that is in Rebel Army territory. Is it possible for you get your men into the border territories of Gebiv, in Europe. Causing trouble and instability in Europe will give the Dutch and the Germans and excuse to get involved. Especially if nuclear detonations are involved."

Edited by Rebel Virginia

OOC: They would not just appear, my guy has been planning it for months and all the ships have long since merged into the traffic and have likely passed your land many times

I only have minimal knowledge of the changes CN made, I am not new to RP as a whole.

OOC: Erm... you haven't even RP'ed you exist, so it's questionable right now if you can even do this RP. You should AT LEAST make a classified RP that you've come into existence. Also, since it hasn't been months since you started your classified RP, you can't say they've existed for months. Your knowledge of RP doesn't matter. You still don't know the rules and regulations of CNRP. And now, I'm off.

OOC: Erm... you haven't even RP'ed you exist, so it's questionable right now if you can even do this RP. You should AT LEAST make a classified RP that you've come into existence. Also, since it hasn't been months since you started your classified RP, you can't say they've existed for months. Your knowledge of RP doesn't matter. You still don't know the rules and regulations of CNRP. And now, I'm off.
OOC: Would you kindly allow my entire military to exist out of thin air then?

OOC: Actually I do say this counts as an introduction for him. He's stating he exists and what his goals and objectives are.

OOC:

OOC: We are allowed to RP a coast guard. It is quite possible to monitor ships going through the Gibraltar Strait, it's very small.

The British sure don't. It would severely $%&@ up trade if they stopped every ship and searched it completely so they don't and all sorts of illegal !@#$ gets in and out.

OOC: I've explained it before, obviously. -_- When they're in my waters, they're being watched. You also have to take into account sonar, land based monitoring, and allied satellites.

You don't control all of the water, though. Sonar only shows you where a ship is and it would take a lot to cover the entire mediterranean. Also, smaller boats would be harder to find. Land based monitoring can't know everything about every ship. Even if you had satelites over the mediterranean at all times, I doubt you'd be watching every last ship. None of those methods would reveal some soldiers hiding in the hull anyway.

I don't know what you've done to the mediterranean, but if it's anything like the real world countries from every nation will want to trade with it and will have ships there. It seems like you just pulled that fact out of the air. Yes, alone it won't be easy, but he does have support. It will also make for an entertaining and interesting RP line.

OOC: Actually I do say this counts as an introduction for him. He's stating he exists and what his goals and objectives are.

OOC: and requiring me to post months ago that I am going to take Sicily is absolutely ridiculous, no sane player would sit there RPing the recruitment of every small band of troops. The world will not end by me claiming to have a few thousand troops and a couple nukes (a fraction of what I can claim)

OOC: and requiring me to post months ago that I am going to take Sicily is absolutely ridiculous, no sane player would sit there RPing the recruitment of every small band of troops. The world will not end by me claiming to have a few thousand troops and a couple nukes (a fraction of what I can claim)

OOC: Exactly. You're not being absurd. I think Gebiv is just unhappy that something will happen to him IC. You're not even claiming an entire army with an air force, or a navy. This is perfectly legitimate.

If Gebiv wants to plot against me and do some covert action that will have IC consequences, I will accept it. I will not complain. Instead, I will respond to it IC. Even if it is just cleaning up the rubble of a bomb attack. Stuff happens IC. It's just the nature of the game.

OOC: Exactly. You're not being absurd. I think Gebiv is just unhappy that something will happen to him IC. You're not even claiming an entire army with an air force, or a navy. This is perfectly legitimate.

If Gebiv wants to plot against me and do some covert action that will have IC consequences, I will accept it. I will not complain. Instead, I will respond to it IC. Even if it is just cleaning up the rubble of a bomb attack. Stuff happens IC. It's just the nature of the game.

OOC: How would you feel if someone just showed up suddenly in CNRP and claimed to control over some of your population, without your prior permission?

OOC: How would you feel if someone just showed up suddenly in CNRP and claimed to control over some of your population, without your prior permission?

OOC: I never did, I claimed to have a small band of a few thousand troops with some nukes, I haven't done any RP that has affected a country yet.

OOC: Hey, that's what I see, from my POV. No offense meant, of course. ;)

OOC: none taken. The only questionable action was saying they had been traveling for months and that is very easily fixed by simply saying that they bribe a bunch of merchants and the like to travel past the island, only in that case well over 70% would be in position to attack.

Commander X looked to the newcomer with interest. "Is there another party in the plan? May I ask who this man speaks for?"

"The man is a observer from the Greater German Empire. Since we're essentially starting a war for them, in addition to helping you two with your respective goals, I feel it is best to keep them in the loop." explained the Pope.

A man of medium build, wearing a black beret with dark aviator sunglasses walked into the room. He was carrying a suitcase, made of a shiny metal, that was handcuffed to his wrist. A red Van Dyke featured his face, which was hard with many lines. He was wearing a plain black suit that looked to be of an expensive cut, along with a white dress shirt and no tie. He effortlessly lifted the suitcase and placed it on the table in front of him.

"Gentlemen." He said, his deep voice booming as he cleared his throat. "Allow me to offer you the deal of a lifetime. I am the CEO of Federation Oil Transport Incorporated. I heard you were in need of some transportation."

A man of medium build, wearing a black beret with dark aviator sunglasses walked into the room. He was carrying a suitcase, made of a shiny metal, that was handcuffed to his wrist. A red Van Dyke featured his face, which was hard with many lines. He was wearing a plain black suit that looked to be of an expensive cut, along with a white dress shirt and no tie. He effortlessly lifted the suitcase and placed it on the table in front of him.

"Gentlemen." He said, his deep voice booming as he cleared his throat. "Allow me to offer you the deal of a lifetime. I am the CEO of Federation Oil Transport Incorporated. I heard you were in need of some transportation."

"So you've arrived." the Pope began. "Very good. Oil is transported everywhere, and we know that Gebiv will not allow Rebel Virginia ships into the Mediterranean. Your nation is on good terms with them, however. We'll be paying you to help transport some people to Sicily. I don't care if your board says it will be unprofitable to increase shipments to Sicily. We need those people to arrive there, without any eyebrows being raised? Are you up to it? If so, we'll cover any losses you will incur, and we'll make sure you make a nice profit. I don't know how you will make the money magically appear, but that's what accountants are for, right?" chortled the Pope.

Fukuzawa Kokichi studied the man before nodding his approval.

"we would request that no nuclear detonations occur on the island of Sicily however

"Understood."

Edited by Rebel Virginia