Operation Downfall

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: changed it already, they will arrive at the time of the attack.

OOC: I do patrol those waters, you know. I'd like to you post your movements in a new thread somewhere where there's no giant debate if I have a right to know that or not because this is a closed RP

OOC: That would be my water. You'd be awfully suspicious just standing there. I'd prefer you make that ship announcement in a less Closed RP.

OOC: He didn't say how close (you don't control all of the water in the mediterranean, after all) and the point of being in fishing and other private boats is so that you look like you're doing something else.

OOC: I do patrol those waters, you know. I'd like to you post your movements in a new thread somewhere where there's no giant debate if I have a right to know that or not because this is a closed RP

OOC:

1) They would not all come from the same country

2) They will be unarmed

3) They would not all move in the same direction, it would just be a normal day of unpredictable naval traffic

My forces are now disguised on merchant ships, fishing ships, etc, they will be moving to Sicily and timed to arrive at the time of the first shots.

"I take it they're in other countries?" inquired the Pope. "If so, we can arrange that they'll be able to pass through the Straits of Gibraltar. Granted they'll have to be disguised well, and completely unarmed. It is a certainty that Gebivian authorities will search ships passing through their waters, so they will have to be unarmed in order to arrive in Sicily without raising any eyebrows along the way. As for arms, yes, they'll need them in order to take the island, but rest assuredI know someone who will be able to provide them once your men are in position."

Edited by Rebel Virginia

OOC: He didn't say how close (you don't control all of the water in the mediterranean, after all) and the point of being in fishing and other private boats is so that you look like you're doing something else.

OOC: Anything within distance of Sicily is my waters. Anywho, let him continue, but keep in mind I do watch who does what. That's not a popular area to be.

"I take it they're in other countries?" inquired the Pope. "If so, we can arrange that they'll be able to pass through the Straits of Gibraltar. Granted they'll have to be disguised well, and completely unarmed, so that they may arrive at Sicily without raising any eyebrows. As for arms, yes, they'll need them. And I know someone who will be able to provide them once your men are in position."

"they have been placed several countries and most have been going to sea for months already

OOC: Jeff, you might want to actually discuss this with Gebiv before barging in.

OOC; completely new to the CN way of doing RP, it is so different from the stuff I am used to

OOC: Anything within distance of Sicily is my waters. Anywho, let him continue, but keep in mind I do watch who does what. That's not a popular area to be.

OOC: Within what sort of distance? Distance to get there on a boat? They could be hundreds of miles away and still be able to get there when they're told to. All it takes is a little planning.

IC:

"It seems to me that entry through the Straight of Gibraltar would be unwise, what with its close proximity to your enemy. A route through the Suez Canal or even on foot until you reach the shore would have a higher chance of success."

"they have been placed several countries and most have been going to sea for months already

"Well then, how long until they're in place?"

"It seems to me that entry through the Straight of Gibraltar would be unwise, what with its close proximity to your enemy. A route through the Suez Canal or even on foot until you reach the shore would have a higher chance of success."

"X, my friend, the Suez is controlled by a nation whom I cannot trust. Gibraltar though, I know the nations who control it well. It will be our best bet at getting our friend's men into the Mediterranean."

Edited by Rebel Virginia

OOC: A few rules you'll want to keep in mind. You need your stuff to come from somewhere. If you don't have a nation, someone had to make it. So do the people need to come from somewhere. There's also a pretty strict ruling on roleplaying other people's population without their permission. There's also a ruling on RP'ing the past. You can only RP for right now, not what happened before. As long as you stick to those, you'll be fine.

OOC: I doubt your navy would stop every merchant and fishing ship, plus they are all unarmed.

OOC: We don't stop, but we keep a pretty good record of how long each ship has been in our waters, and what ports they visit, and where they come from.

OOC: A few rules you'll want to keep in mind. You need your stuff to come from somewhere. If you don't have a nation, someone had to make it. So do the people need to come from somewhere. There's also a pretty strict ruling on roleplaying other people's population without their permission. There's also a ruling on RP'ing the past. You can only RP for right now, not what happened before. As long as you stick to those, you'll be fine.

OOC:

1) Who said the population agreed during the invasion?

2) I was simply editing the plan so that is was within the rules of CNRP

OOC: Oh, and by the way, your ships cannot come from the direction of Byzantium. Simple as that. The Dardanelles and Bosporus are closed (save for a few), and any ships that ventures close to Byzantine waters (the waters around Greece and Turkey) without prior permission are sunk without warning. Just remindin' ya. :ph34r:

Besides, welcome to CNRP, Jeff! :D

"Well then, how long until they're in place?"

"X, my friend, the Suez is controlled by a nation whom I cannot trust. Gibraltar though, I know the nations who control it well. It will be our best bet at getting our friend's men into the Mediterranean."

"Some already are, some will be coming and going with time, all the forces will not be able to arrive at the time of the attack but within a few days almost all will have arrived. The highest number that will be in position at the time will be approximately 70% in one weeks time, it has been planned that this number will be approximately the same every week after that"

OOC: I can once I control them, and I fully understand that it will take a while for them to warm up to my military

OOC: Just remember that while you're a non-state actor of any sort, you can't control citizens of other lands. You can't control the population unless it's your population.

"Some already are, some will be coming and going with time, all the forces will not be able to arrive at the time of the attack but within a few days almost all will have arrived. The highest number that will be in position at the time will be approximately 70% in one weeks time, it has been planned that this number will be approximately the same every week after that"

"I see." said the Pope with interest. "Well, then I'll have to call some allies of mine and get them armed. Also, Mr. X, I'm going to need your people ready to start trouble on Gebiv's border within the week." The train came a halt. "Well, it looks like we've arrived. Come along to the meeting room now."

OOC: Oh, and by the way, your ships cannot come from the direction of Byzantium. Simple as that. The Dardanelles and Bosporus are closed (save for a few), and any ships that ventures close to Byzantine waters (the waters around Greece and Turkey) without prior permission are sunk without warning. Just remindin' ya. :ph34r:

Besides, welcome to CNRP, Jeff! :D

OOC: By the time I am done with Sicily it will be the same only nothing comes in and nothing goes out unless I say so

OOC: We don't stop, but we keep a pretty good record of how long each ship has been in our waters, and what ports they visit, and where they come from.

OOC: Have you explained this earlier or are you RPing the past yourself? :P Not to mention that watching all of the tens of thousands of ships in that sea at any one time (especially when they're not in water controlled by you) with a navy that's probably a few dozen ships at most seems just a little impossible.

OOC: Have you explained this earlier or are you RPing the past yourself? :P Not to mention that watching all of the tens of thousands of ships in that sea at any one time (especially when they're not in water controlled by you) with a navy that's probably a few dozen ships at most seems just a little impossible.

OOC: I've explained it before, obviously. -_- When they're in my waters, they're being watched. You also have to take into account sonar, land based monitoring, and allied satellites.