Operation Downfall

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So you've arrived." the Pope began. "Very good. Oil is transported everywhere, and we know that Gebiv will not allow Rebel Virginia ships into the Mediterranean. Your nation is on good terms with them, however. We'll be paying you to help transport some people to Sicily. I don't care if your board says it will be unprofitable to increase shipments to Sicily. We need those people to arrive there, without any eyebrows being raised? Are you up to it? If so, we'll cover any losses you will incur, and we'll make sure you make a nice profit. I don't know how you will make the money magically appear, but that's what accountants are for, right?" chortled the Pope.

"The board will do whatever I say." The man chortled. "A supertanker or two should be more than enough to transport the men we want, no? And build false floors with barrels of oil on top, and the men can travel in relative comfort for the trip and invade on smaller, inflatable craft. Nothing, in my mind could be simpler." The man smiled again. "Cost is no issue. I've, of course, been in contact with our government. They have agreed to help defray any cost we incur."

OOC: I'd like to see your announcement/your claim in the map thread first, jeff, if you please. Attacking someone out of nowhere and then claiming a nation afterward is bad form, even if it isn't explicitly against the rules (which is being considered right now). I'm always happy to see new roleplayers, but if we could avoid little awkward moments like this, it'd be better. GM's, you have my permission to go ahead and tackle any problems that emerge out of this thread.

Somewhere in the center Mediterranean Sea a group of inconspicuous unarmed Procinctian fishermen reeled in another catch, these were no ordinary fishermen, but former members of the now defunct Procinctian Worker's Party completely loyal to Commander X.

OOC: A few rules you'll want to keep in mind. You need your stuff to come from somewhere. If you don't have a nation, someone had to make it. So do the people need to come from somewhere. There's also a pretty strict ruling on roleplaying other people's population without their permission. There's also a ruling on RP'ing the past. You can only RP for right now, not what happened before. As long as you stick to those, you'll be fine.
OCC Response: His men are Procinctian expatriate mercenaries financed by an anti-Transvaal counter-nationalist stay-behind movement funded by Procinctia during the final hours of the St. Patrick’s Day War.

There problem solved.

Edited by Generalissimo

"The board will do whatever I say." The man chortled. "A supertanker or two should be more than enough to transport the men we want, no? And build false floors with barrels of oil on top, and the men can travel in relative comfort for the trip and invade on smaller, inflatable craft. Nothing, in my mind could be simpler." The man smiled again. "Cost is no issue. I've, of course, been in contact with our government. They have agreed to help defray any cost we incur."

"Excellent. Then so it is agreed." the Pope turned to Commander X. "Commander, we're going to need you to nuke a German village. Röns is the one we have in mind. No strategic importance at all. Population of a few hundred, if even that. It's only a few streets. Not even a hamlet. It's six miles into the Austrian border from the Swiss size. Detonate a small 1KT tactical nuke in that town, a suitcase nuke that is, and Germany will have their casus belli. Fly in a private jet. A small one. To avoid the hassle of airport security that is. And yes, I'm certain the German government will approve of this plan."

OOC: I'd like to see your announcement/your claim in the map thread first, jeff, if you please. Attacking someone out of nowhere and then claiming a nation afterward is bad form, even if it isn't explicitly against the rules (which is being considered right now). I'm always happy to see new roleplayers, but if we could avoid little awkward moments like this, it'd be better. GM's, you have my permission to go ahead and tackle any problems that emerge out of this thread.

OOC: Haven't claimed yet, I simply exist. I have to wait till the end of the war to claim. If I claim the land while it is still owned then of course my idea will be shot down on the spot. I am simply acting like a conqueror the only difference being that I have no homeland.

Edited by jeff744

OOC: What if he declared prior to the attack being launched? Like just before? That would go along with the rebellion/insurgency thing that I believe he is going for here and would also fit into the rules you want him to adhere to...

OOC: What if he declared prior to the attack being launched? Like just before? That would go along with the rebellion/insurgency thing that I believe he is going for here and would also fit into the rules you want him to adhere to...

OOC: Actually, I am a foreign invader seeking to take land, the only thing is that I have no homeland.

Edited by jeff744

Commander X eyed the oilman with suspicion. It appeared that the three great evils were represented at the meeting: the state, the church, and now the wealthy. He convinced himself to ignore their differences for the moment; after all, this mission was for the greater good.

After the brief internal battle, he replied to the Pope. "Yes, that is do-able. It is a shame that such bloodshed must occur, but they are martyrs for freedom, I suppose. I will contact the Kaevan congress with the request and I'm sure an agent will be prepared to leave whenever you should need him to."

OOC: Haven't claimed yet, I simply exist. I have to wait till the end of the war to claim. If I claim the land while it is still owned then of course my idea will be shot down on the spot. I am simply acting like a conqueror the only difference being that I have no homeland.

OOC: Did you even read that statement? The rule is to rp within the CNRP community (which is what you're doing) you need to claim a nation on the map thread. If you want to just rp by yourself and make posts that you have sicily, you can, it just wouldn't be canon, and none of the community would recognize it.

"There's another matter I'd like to discuss; what shall happen to the lands of Gebiv once its people are liberated and is there a risk of Gebiv's allies entering the war?"

"Our friend Mr.....I'm sorry, what is it again.....will be establishing his own nation in Sicily. As for the rest of Gebiv, we will leave it to the people of Gebiv decide what to do, since they will be free of the tyrannical imperial government of Gebiv." the Pope explained. "Gebiv's allies, particularly the Western Republic, are certain enter. The should have no reason to suspect the involvement of the KAAT, however, so your people should be safe. As for their governments. They'll be gone when we're done."

OOC: Did you even read that statement? The rule is to rp within the CNRP community (which is what you're doing) you need to claim a nation on the map thread. If you want to just rp by yourself and make posts that you have sicily, you can, it just wouldn't be canon, and none of the community would recognize it.

OOC: Actually, that isn't a rule. At least I don't think so. I do remember the mods saying once that you do not need a nation to RP. Also, Sumeragi does not have a nation, yet her RP is considered canon. Just so you know.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

OOC: I have no land, just a military, I intend on taking control of Sicily through military means, as in to take away by force. Unless of course you need to claim land on the map thread before you have even conquered it......

"Our friend Mr.....I'm sorry, what is it again.....will be establishing his own nation in Sicily. As for the rest of Gebiv, we will leave it to the people of Gebiv decide what to do, since they will be free of the tyrannical imperial government of Gebiv." the Pope explained. "Gebiv's allies, particularly the Western Republic, are certain enter. The should have no reason to suspect the involvement of the KAAT, however, so your people should be safe. As for their governments. They'll be gone when we're done."

OOC: Actually, that isn't a rule. At least I don't think so. I do remember the mods saying once that you do not need a nation to RP. Also, Sumeragi does not have a nation, yet her RP is considered canon. Just so you know.

OOC: Ouch.....

IC: "We would like a small portion of land on the south western tip of the Italian peninsula as well

OOC: Actually, this is a borderline case, and as it's beeing done very well, I'm willing to go with it.

And before you say that I'm saying this only because I'm not the one being attacked, I remind you of Triyun's secret attack on me. I didn't deny that it happened, but rolled with the punches.

OOC: Your military just popped into Gebiv's lands? You didn't take control of her people, you just magically appeared there? lulz that's so "no"

OOC: with all due respect, he's NOT Rp'ing Gebiv's citizens, and the soldiers are NOT magically popping up out of nowhere. He is taking the time to do it properly, a little at a time, not saying "lulz, they're there already."

OOC: Your military just popped into Gebiv's lands? You didn't take control of her people, you just magically appeared there? lulz that's so "no"

OOC; Well if you consider arriving in the middle of the night off a foreign tanker just popping up then yes.

OOC: with all due respect, he's NOT Rp'ing Gebiv's citizens, and the soldiers are NOT magically popping up out of nowhere. He is taking the time to do it properly, a little at a time, not saying "lulz, they're there already."

OOC: indeed, we have change it so that now my soldiers will be arriving through a foreign tanker and once I have the island as my own then I can RP what they do (and they will hate me for a while).

OOC: I have no land, just a military, I intend on taking control of Sicily through military means, as in to take away by force. Unless of course you need to claim land on the map thread before you have even conquered it......

OOC: Even if this is being RPed properly in your opinion, the fact remains this is incredibly disrespectful to the player behind the nation. Have you spent even 5 minutes in private talks with Gebiv about this whole situation? You've obviously spent quite a bit of time with RV. When did RP degenerate into a contest to push people off the map? There is absolutely no history here for you to go and do this, and if it can be done by you then there is nothing stopping any other group of nations from coming and doing it to you in turn. Who are these people that want to invade, and why do they want to do it? You've got nithing here.

When I came here it took months to get the land I wanted, and gain independance. Not everyone wants to go the peaceful route, but this is just poorly done. If RV or anyone else dislikes Gebiv and I so badly they could just ignore our RP. /OOC

OOC: Even if this is being RPed properly in your opinion, the fact remains this is incredibly disrespectful to the player behind the nation. Have you spent even 5 minutes in private talks with Gebiv about this whole situation? You've obviously spent quite a bit of time with RV. When did RP degenerate into a contest to push people off the map? There is absolutely no history here for you to go and do this, and if it can be done by you then there is nothing stopping any other group of nations from coming and doing it to you in turn. Who are these people that want to invade, and why do they want to do it? You've got nithing here.

When I came here it took months to get the land I wanted, and gain independance. Not everyone wants to go the peaceful route, but this is just poorly done. If RV or anyone else dislikes Gebiv and I so badly they could just ignore our RP. /OOC

OOC: The problem with that is...they don't dislike you or Gebiv OOC. it's their IC opinion that you're lower than scum, if you'll pardon my plain speaking. :P