Los Angles

Ruler: Matrix

M*A*S*H

[Team: Black]

OUTBACK

Ruler: panfilo

GREAT

Currently Fighting

At 11:31P.M. Game Time, GREAT was attacked by M*A*S*H, "pre-emptively". Luckily, we were having an IRC meeting at the time about the situation between NAAW and the aggressors alliances that attacked them and how prepared GREAT was to possibly move in to defend NAAW. Once we saw we were being attacked, those in the meeting retaliated against M*A*S*H as soon as possible. We have had issues with M*A*S*H in the past, in fact we almost went to war with them until NAAW intervened and mediated between the two of us. Now M*A*S*H is coming to us apologizing and saying this was an accident, but it certainly doesn't look accidental to me. More like intentional. Now GREAT, in order to defend herself from these attacks, and any possible further "pre-emptive" attacks, declares a defensive war against M*A*S*H. They made our decision to defend NAAW for us. We would also like to ask the help of our friends and allies in defending GREAT and NAAW from these war-mongering alliances.

Signed for GREAT,

George the Great

Jack the Great

Rey the Great

Tweak1029

Josh the Great

11:52p (Popsumpot[uCN]) hey there mate

11:53p (Popsumpot[uCN]) You there mate?

11:57p (GeorgetheGreat) yes

11:58p (Popsumpot[uCN]) Obviously, you are aware of the TE war screen

11:58p (Popsumpot[uCN]) Want to say this first - we're all holding our fire

11:58p (Popsumpot[uCN]) MASH stand down order has been sent too

11:59p (GeorgetheGreat) we just got update attacked

11:59p (GeorgetheGreat) no thanks

11:59p (Popsumpot[uCN]) I understand what it may look like

12:00a • • Day changed to (Monday, January 5th 2009).

Session Time: Mon Jan 05 00:00:00 2009

12:00a (Popsumpot[uCN]) I just want to say it's a misunderstanding

12:00a (Popsumpot[uCN]) we take full responsibility for the fact that some nations declared on you guys

12:01 a (GeorgetheGreat) I call that a coordinated attack

12:01 a (Popsumpot[uCN]) And I do not blame you

12:02a (Popsumpot[uCN]) can i have the opportunity to explain?

12:03a (Popsumpot[uCN]) Can i show you a log?

12:04a (GeorgetheGreat) I don't particularly care

12:04a (GeorgetheGreat) GREAT has had problems with your alliance before

12:04a (Popsumpot[uCN]) CDT?

12:04a (GeorgetheGreat) who?

12:04a (GeorgetheGreat) I thought you were MASH

12:04a (Popsumpot[uCN]) we represent them

12:04a (Popsumpot[uCN]) Us, Genesis, MASH

12:04a (Popsumpot[uCN]) LE, Blackwater

12:05a (Popsumpot[uCN]) We were shown false intel that you intended to enter the war

12:05a (Popsumpot[uCN]) and update strike MASH

12:05a (Popsumpot[uCN]) it was from a inside NAAW member

12:05a (Popsumpot[uCN]) Until we got this log here

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> well i know you have a plan for update, as i said we have the same friends

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> are you sure i can't get you to give peace

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> before this starts

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <KingDingaLing[sparta]> Im not sure we do have a plan for update.. But Ill tell everyone we do just to make them stay up late :D

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <KingDingaLing[sparta]> Psychological warfare !

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> its funny asking for peace in a war that i'm not even in....

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> lol

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <KingDingaLing[sparta]> my plan is to just spread rumors of a huge retaliation for a week

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <KingDingaLing[sparta]> to see if they will all stay up a week straight

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <*****************> well i've been told by other AA that they were getting in

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) <KingDingaLing[sparta]> They lied

12:06a (GeorgetheGreat) You didn't handle it very diplomatically then

12:06a (GeorgetheGreat) and that's your problem

12:06a (Popsumpot[uCN]) As you can see, we were feed wrong intel by NAAW

12:07a (GeorgetheGreat) why would you listen to intel from your enemy?

12:07a (Popsumpot[uCN]) we approached NAAW a number of times, and hints were that you guys would be hitting us

12:07a (GeorgetheGreat) that's your own stupid mistake

12:07a (GeorgetheGreat) not mine

12:07a (GeorgetheGreat) now you have yourself a war

12:07a (GeorgetheGreat) and you'll be hearing from our friends

12:07a (Popsumpot[uCN]) It was stupid of us

12:07a (Popsumpot[uCN]) definitly

12:08a (Popsumpot[uCN]) but please believe we tried to rectify the situation

12:08a (GeorgetheGreat) And you'll find out just how stupid

12:08a (GeorgetheGreat) too late

12:08a (Popsumpot[uCN]) If we wanted a total war, it would not consist of 8 declarations

12:09a (GeorgetheGreat) I

12:09a (GeorgetheGreat) don't

12:09a (GeorgetheGreat) care

12:09a (Popsumpot[uCN]) Our intention is not to waste your infra

12:09a (GeorgetheGreat) My intention, now, is to waste yours

12:10a (Popsumpot[uCN]) I understand your anger mate

12:10a (Popsumpot[uCN]) I know it is your right to feel angry about this, and you are indeed right in doing so

12:10a (Popsumpot[uCN]) but I ask you please to help us rectify this situation

12:11a (GeorgetheGreat) Like I said, we have had problems in the past with MASH

12:11a (GeorgetheGreat) this just puts the cream on the cake

12:11a (Popsumpot[uCN]) From last round?

12:12a (GeorgetheGreat) this round

12:12a (GeorgetheGreat) from a month ago

12:12a (Popsumpot[uCN]) I can assure you, MASH is willing to work it out

12:12a (Popsumpot[uCN]) Can i ask what the issue is?

12:12a (GeorgetheGreat) Like I said, we are not

12:13a (Popsumpot[uCN]) So, is GREAT rejecting all diplomatic efforts?

12:14a (GeorgetheGreat) let me get back to you in like 10 minutes

12:14a (GeorgetheGreat) getting attacked

There were no diplomatic efforts to reject. We were attacked first, and then "diplomacy" was brought to the table. Had they come to us before this happened, then this whole mess could have probably been avoided, but they never did. GREAT will fight to defend her honour from the wolves.

I think this video is appropriate:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure looks like GREAT attacked first.

lolwat.jpg

Yes, that was our midday attack of one nation, worked wonders. That happened 12 hours before update, I didn't even know that he attacked you guys. o_O

Maybe you guys should have come and asked us what was going on?

Edit: Spelling

Edited by George the Great

May want to include this screenshot in there...

Happens to be quite juicy, the first attack from either side, with NAAW being in the reason for war declaration.

greatfirst.jpg

Looks like that gentleman jumped the gun a bit.

EDIT: Henry beat me to it.

Yes, that was our midday attack of one nation, worked wonders. He has friends in NAAW and that happened over 12 hours before update, I didn't even know that he attacked you guys. o_O

Maybe you guys should have come and asked us what was going on?

Usually it is the job of the aggressor to come to the transgressed party. I can't speak for MASH. Nevertheless, it does appear clear to me that the first war between your alliance and MASH occurred over 12 hours ago.

I didn't even know that he attacked you guys. o_O

I can only assume by your signing of the document you have some governmental role in your alliance.

Probably should be aware of what your members are doing, it may avoid such things in the future.

I can only assume by your signing of the document you have some governmental role in your alliance.

Probably should be aware of what your members are doing, it may avoid such things in the future.

I'm aware of what our members are ordered to do. Not what they feel like doing whenever they want. He also was tech-raiding a NAAW member which I didn't know about... o_O

He's not active on the forum and is rarely in our IRC.

Also, if it happened 12 hours before update and you think that that looked like an organized attack on M*A*S*H.. wouldn't you rather talk to us during that 12 hour time span and prior to your update attacking us?

If you had actually taken the time to look further into it you'd see it was actually a rogue who decided to hit 3 random alliances, including the one you're saying he was declaring on MASH to defend.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/search_...&Extended=1

Good catch! I had not noticed that.

Well with the especially high tensions in CN:TE, that would be all the more reason for GREAT government to quickly make an announcement declaring that nation a rogue so that all the land could see. If not at the very least quickly rushing out to inform each alliance involved. These things can escalate pretty quickly given one loose cannon.

But of course I'd only actually go ahead and do that if I was looking to AVOID the war...

I'm aware of what our members are ordered to do. Not what they feel like doing whenever they want. He also was tech-raiding a NAAW member which I didn't know about... o_O

Also, if it happened 12 hours before update and you think that that looked like an organized attack on M*A*S*H.. wouldn't you rather talk to us during that 12 hour time span and prior to your update attacking us?

So you knew about this guy who went rouge on MASH, but you never went to them to talk about it?

Probably should keep a better eye on em when tensions are this high. Big wars could happen if you aren't watching.

The better question is like I said to Darklink is..

"Well with the especially high tensions in CN:TE, that would be all the more reason for GREAT government to quickly make an announcement declaring that nation a rogue so that all the land could see. If not at the very least quickly rushing out to inform each alliance involved. These things can escalate pretty quickly given one loose cannon.

But of course I'd only actually go ahead and do that if I was looking to AVOID the war..."

Or how about this...

What would be way cooler, is mustering up all the testicular fortitude you can, and actually saying how you feel. Not sugar coat your reasons for war and go around and around about who did what first.

Just be like "We harbor a grudge against MASH. We see their currently engaged. This would be a GREAT (see what I did) time to kick them in the teeth" "MASH, we're kicking you in the teeth now."

No, he was saying that he had seen him before in IRC, not that he knew about the attack that happened by the rogue today.

So when you opened up your warscreen, looking for those nasty MASH aggressors, you just skimmed over that earlier attack on MASH by a member wearing your alliance affiliation?

Very fishy indeed.

Or how about this...

What would be way cooler, is mustering up all the testicular fortitude you can, and actually saying how you feel. Not sugar coat your reasons for war and go around and around about who did what first.

Just be like "We harbor a grudge against MASH. We see their currently engaged. This would be a GREAT (see what I did) time to kick them in the teeth" "MASH, we're kicking you in the teeth now."

I find it funny, even in the face of facts you try to manipulate them to achieve your ends. MASH offensively declared on us, we're fighting back, end of story. The IRC logs later on solidify that fact to be truth.

I find it funny, even in the face of facts you try to manipulate them to achieve your ends. MASH offensively declared on us, we're fighting back, end of story. The IRC logs later on solidify that fact to be truth.

I posted the screenshot of the first war from this GREAT/MASH war.

I then said.. man if it was me.. I woulda got on that real quick and tried to declare him a rogue ASAP given the tensions in TE.

Manipulation at it's finest. :rolleyes:

So when you opened up your warscreen, looking for those nasty MASH aggressors, you just skimmed over that earlier attack on MASH by a member wearing your alliance affiliation?

Very fishy indeed.

It was like two pages further, so yes, I missed it. I saw the e-mail that I had been attacked and saw found it in the wars across the globe screen. I went one page further and there was nothing else.

Nevertheless, your 3 attacks with "preemptive attack" as the reason were obviously coordinated attacks. How can you misconstrue a rogue of GREAT, who also had tech raids against NAAW that I didn't know about in his war screen, with a coordinated attack. Your attacks were also right before update... his was in the middle of the day.

Looks like you guys are trying to find a convenient excuse for your attack. If it was such a concern then why didn't you come to us instead of starting a war and then saying oops... lets stop now that we've attacked you...

Had we known about the attack then yes, we would have declared him a rogue. You have to know about it to do that though... sucks, doesn't it? Too bad you guys weren't nice enough to bother telling us.

It was like two pages further, so yes, I missed it. I saw the e-mail that I had been attacked and saw found it in the wars across the globe screen. I went one page further and there was nothing else.

Nevertheless, your 3 attacks with "preemptive attack" as the reason were obviously coordinated attacks. How can you misconstrue a rogue of GREAT, who also had tech raids against NAAW that I didn't know about in his war screen, with a coordinated attack. Your attacks were also right before update... his was in the middle of the day.

Looks like you guys are trying to find a convenient excuse for your attack. If it was such a concern then why didn't you come to us instead of starting a war and then saying oops... lets stop now that we've attacked you...

Had we known about the attack then yes, we would have declared him a rogue. You have to know about it to do that though... sucks, doesn't it? Too bad you guys weren't nice enough to bother telling us.

Henry is in Blackwater... "We" don't need a convenient excuse to attack. We come out and tell it exactly how it is, how it happened, and what's going to happen now. I'm sure you've read the two NAAW threads by now.

Try it George, just say "We actually just wanted to fight MASH". It's way easier than jumping through hoops of fire. Seriously this charade is nauseating.

Henry is in Blackwater... "We" don't need a convenient excuse to attack. We come out and tell it exactly how it is, how it happened, and what's going to happen now. I'm sure you've read the two NAAW threads by now.

Try it George, just say "We actually just wanted to fight MASH". It's way easier than jumping through hoops of fire. Seriously this charade is nauseating.

I never said I wouldn't like to attack M*A*S*H. I didn't get the chance to, they attacked us first.

No, you sanction the top members of an alliance first, then get your allies to, and then you go and "tell it like it is". Nevertheless, we don't need a convenient excuse to defend ourselves... we just do.

Frankly, I don't care who that guy is, he said that he represented M*A*S*H and it sure sounded like he did. The fact that he knew all of that information and wasn't even in M*A*S*H is even more disturbing as it makes this seem ever more planned out.

To all concerned parties, M*A*S*H and her allies are still seeking peace with Naaw. They have just been shot down repeatedly. As far as the declarations earlier, both alliances (Great and M*A*S*H) know that tensions were high and were expecting a war against each other. They can argue that they had no intention of attacking M*A*S*H, but most people know that's not true. One of their members declared early in the day on ours. Then three of ours declared on them later in the day. After that there were numerous declarations back and forth.

Keep in mind, many of these were not defensive retaliations, but declarations on completely random nations. Tensions are high but we'll continue talking to Great and Naaw, and to other mediating parties, to try and achieve an end to these wars before it becomes any more destructive.

Frankly, I don't care who that guy is, he said that he represented M*A*S*H and it sure sounded like he did. The fact that he knew all of that information and wasn't even in M*A*S*H is even more disturbing as it makes this seem ever more planned out.

So you went ahead with everything even though you didn't actually speak to a legitimate MASH government member?

.... George, George, George

If I find you on IRC and tell you I represent "X" alliance, can I get you to attack "X" alliance without talking to an actual member of "X" alliance as well?