On the Future of CNRP

MercyFallout

The fate of the RP is in your hands...  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now take this from a role-player who has been involved with most of the premier (if you'll accommodate that praise) role-play sites out there, most of which have been motivated by players from the International Incident forum where - I dare say - we had several great years of RPing before being kicked off by the NS mods there. To say that I'm glad to see a forum that accommodates us is a refreshing change of pace, however - I can see why.

The role-playing and role-players on this forum are in a perpetual state of 'babying.' Where there is little form, function, vitality or quality; I hate to be so judgmental, but except for a half of dozen quality RPers these forums seem halfy hindered by extremely "pore qality" and perpetual, stifling, inactivity. Anything the mods and admins do can only help, and I have no doubt if they 'pulled the plug' on these so-called 'RPs' I sincerely doubt someone would care, or that they would be able to survive without the sort of benevolent attention bestowed on here in a futile attempt to start a domestic RP service similar to the 'good old days' of !@#$%*.

To wit, do as you will, it can't get any worse.

Alright, now for all of us that the vote actually affects, the debate continues.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The role-playing and role-players on this forum are in a perpetual state of 'babying.' Where there is little form, function, vitality or quality; I hate to be so judgmental, but except for a half of dozen quality RPers these forums seem halfy hindered by extremely "pore qality" and perpetual, stifling, inactivity. Anything the mods and admins do can only help, and I have no doubt if they 'pulled the plug' on these so-called 'RPs' I sincerely doubt someone would care, or that they would be able to survive without the sort of benevolent attention bestowed on here in a futile attempt to start a domestic RP service similar to the 'good old days' of !@#$%*.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, unless he isn't serious - at which point - hilarity.

There is the line he is talking about. In your own post and in your own words.

You sir, have failed.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, unless he isn't serious - at which point - hilarity.

You know, i'm going to report you for flame baiting and generally being an $@!. Either shut your mouth and move on, or show you have a pair and RP.

Or go cry, I need more gypsy repellant.

Now take this from a role-player who has been involved with most of the premier (if you'll accommodate that praise) role-play sites out there, most of which have been motivated by players from the International Incident forum where - I dare say - we had several great years of RPing before being kicked off by the NS mods there. To say that I'm glad to see a forum that accommodates us is a refreshing change of pace, however - I can see why.

Woo gee-whilikers! Other Roleplay locations you say? Wow wee that clinches it. We must prostrate ourselves before you in humble vexation. Obviously no one of your calibur has shown us the transgression of our ways for not conducting ourselves to a secluded sanctum. Please gracious plebeian. Spread forth your knowledge from your fragrant post nurishment production. Then restore it from whence it came, and rotate on it.

Alright, pay up guys. Those 5 dollar words arn't cheap ya'know

I will agree that perhaps the skill of roleplayers here is not the skill of the mighty lords of roleplay (who decides who is a "roleplay master"? It seems as though RP is defined by the populace playing it rather than some universal idea. There isn't some kind of "Eternal RP" concept, it isn't like the "perfect chair" argument), but that is not the exact point; besides this, the formatting is failing the players, not the other way around. A better format to serve the community=increase interests in RP=raises the quality of life for CN, and makes things ainteresting. This is what I'm here to achieve; this is why the issue is being given over to the community.

But by all means, join us. I would enjoy doing alittle rp myself, and dueling with "professionals" both real and imagined is always a treat.

Edit: How do we have Eighty votes when I know we don't have eighty active people playing the RP? For myself, I think that fact more than anything argues that, with the right format change, CNRP will attract many new players with fresh ideas. It's one of the reasons I think "Registered" Continuities like CNRP (official and branch-offs/differing types) would be good for us; they'd be good for directing the traffic of a larger community. In the meantime, however, we are at the beginning of the format change, not the end. Let us do everything we can to improve upon the community of players here.

I voted for two boards.

CNRP has changed an awful lot since the advent of the scramble threads. Long before the scramble, I could freely post daily or every other day in my news report thread about stuff I made up and found interesting to me. Ever since the scramble threads and then the resulting world map, the CNRP has changed, no doubt for the better as a larger roleplaying population is important. But nevertheless, the feel of the community is much different now. There was a time when I could see all the topics posted here in the past two or three days on the first page of News reports. However, this is no longer the case. The first page of news reports now contains usually only all the active threads only from the past few hours and requires much more reading to keep up to date.

I voted for two boards because although I will probably keep my land, I will likely reside more in the forums for "separate" realities, because that will become the news reports of the past.

[/nostalgia]

Edited by J Andres

I'd insert some sort of witty sarcastic rebuttal here, but I fear that my other Forum-mates have already done such. Instead, I'll just sit here quietly and laugh.

Oh yeah, I think the golden rule can apply here. "Treat others as you want to be treated"...?

Join RP and we'll see who's story is worse.

There was a time when I could see all the topics posted here in the past two or three days on the first page of News reports. However, this is no longer the case. The first page of news reports now contains usually only all the active threads only from the past few hours and requires much more reading to keep up to date.

You make a very good point. That's a major reason why I've backed off somewhat from getting imbroiled in RP now, I just don't have the time to keep up with all the threads as well as maintain quality RP. Too much happens too fast. Most of what I do now is for the benefit of my CN Wiki were I can progress at a more slower, controlled - dare I say, realistic? - pace.

I have to say though I think a lot of the scramble started around the time the RP map made its appearance. That's how it appears to me, I may be wrong. Originally the map was there to see where folks were located and if there was overlap - now the map territory is something that is fought over.

EDIT: ADDED LATER: Also the scramble is likely a result of in-game action has now become so boring and stagnant that we need something more interesting, livelier to interest us.

Edited by Botha

You make a very good point. That's a major reason why I've backed off somewhat from getting imbroiled in RP now, I just don't have the time to keep up with all the threads as well as maintain quality RP. Too much happens too fast. Most of what I do now is for the benefit of my CN Wiki were I can progress at a more slower, controlled - dare I say, realistic? - pace.

I have to say though I think a lot of the scramble started around the time the RP map made its appearance. That's how it appears to me, I may be wrong. Originally the map was there to see where folks were located and if there was overlap - now the map territory is something that is fought over.

EDIT: ADDED LATER: Also the scramble is likely a result of in-game action has now become so boring and stagnant that we need something more interesting, livelier to interest us.

which is unfortunate because there isnt anyone here that doesnt enjoy reading the next Transvaaler thread ^_^

which is unfortunate because there isnt anyone here that doesnt enjoy reading the next Transvaaler thread

Thanks for the compliment. But yeah unfortunately I cannot keep up with some folks now. I learnt that when the Franzharian Revolution occured, an event which I was completely caught off guard because it took place and was essentially fait accompli because it took place while I was asleep. When I woke up and realised what happened, all I could do was to fold my tents and leave Franzharia.

There's also been RP wars where by the time my troops have arrived on the scene a couple of days later, its all over - which is partially why I won't get involved in RP wars unless the conclusion is foregone and my troops are simply playing out an agreed, pre-detirmined role.

Thanks for the compliment. But yeah unfortunately I cannot keep up with some folks now. I learnt that when the Franzharian Revolution occured, an event which I was completely caught off guard because it took place and was essentially fait accompli because it took place while I was asleep. When I woke up and realised what happened, all I could do was to fold my tents and leave Franzharia.

There's also been RP wars where by the time my troops have arrived on the scene a couple of days later, its all over - which is partially why I won't get involved in RP wars unless the conclusion is foregone and my troops are simply playing out an agreed, pre-detirmined role.

I tend to try and pace my things, but yes, I second your comment. Wars have way too much happen way too quickly. Kind of a reason why I try and keep out of them as well...

It really sucks I suppose if it's a gang up (5v1) with all 5 typing long battles and the one having to respond to all 5 too. Seems that it's mostly gang ups that happen too.

I tend to try and pace my things, but yes, I second your comment. Wars have way too much happen way too quickly. Kind of a reason why I try and keep out of them as well...

It really sucks I suppose if it's a gang up (5v1) with all 5 typing long battles and the one having to respond to all 5 too. Seems that it's mostly gang ups that happen too.

not to mention wars are completely unreasonable entirely. Fact is, the only proper way to rp a battle is rp what your armies do, and then your opponent Rp 's the damage and their response

Trouble is, you can't expect your opponent to be reasonable when it comes to damage, and you know perfectly well that during the fighting you'll be equally unreasonable. Its come to the point where wars go like this:

Person 1: "I use X to do massive slaughter *****'s troops"

Person 2: "Unfortunately for *******'s weapon, my troops were protected and continued to epic massacre *****'s ground force with X"

Person 1: "hay now i used X u dun have nothing left"

Person 2: "Yus I do"

Person 1: "No u dont"

Thread dies here

also gang $%&@ sucks. CNRP will die fast if this continues. It's already killed the Alliance/IG part of the game, lets keep it from destroying RP

Edited by Lord Frost

Hence why I tend to stay out of wars. I feel my wars with Procintia (if anyone remembers) were really fun and good because we PM'd each other ideas about battles, how damage we should give each other, the troop numbers, etc.

The most important thing about those wars was... We already discussed and decided who was going to win. The fun thing to do was to drag it on, make it hard for the winning side, use ambushes, etc.

I guess that's hard to do when people can jump in and out of wars so quickly like they do now... but it made for real blast. Long time ago... Transvaal was considered an enemy back then by my country...

Fun times. Fun methods. ^_^

Long time ago... Transvaal was considered an enemy back then by my country

That's probably because I had an in-game trade with Procinctia and I played it up as such.

Generalissimo... now there's another interesting RPer I miss. Interestingly enough Transvaal had some previous in-game conflict with Procinctia as well when Generalissimo was a member of SWF or LSF or some other lulz-commie alliance and I was wearing my jackboots in Nordreich. We fought a war together, ended somewhat of a stalemate but then a few months later our nations ended up patching up our differences. When I switched to Orange, Procinctia was my first Orange trade.

That's probably because I had an in-game trade with Procinctia and I played it up as such.

Generalissimo... now there's another interesting RPer I miss. Interestingly enough Transvaal had some previous in-game conflict with Procinctia as well when Generalissimo was a member of SWF or LSF or some other lulz-commie alliance and I was wearing my jackboots in Nordreich. We fought a war together, ended somewhat of a stalemate but then a few months later our nations ended up patching up our differences. When I switched to Orange, Procinctia was my first Orange trade.

Botha fought lolcommies?

@Otto: :wub:

Hence why I tend to stay out of wars. I feel my wars with Procintia (if anyone remembers) were really fun and good because we PM'd each other ideas about battles, how damage we should give each other, the troop numbers, etc.

The most important thing about those wars was... We already discussed and decided who was going to win. The fun thing to do was to drag it on, make it hard for the winning side, use ambushes, etc.

I guess that's hard to do when people can jump in and out of wars so quickly like they do now... but it made for real blast. Long time ago... Transvaal was considered an enemy back then by my country...

Fun times. Fun methods. ^_^

Hm, perhaps CNRP would be a much better place if it followed these? :D:P

Botha fought lolcommies?

Just ask Martens... fighting commies in NoR used to make me (and others) in excitement foam at the mouth like rabid dogs. Actually, now I think about it I believe Procinctia attacked me along with two others. He actually came up with a suitable RP-related war declaration.

not to mention wars are completely unreasonable entirely. Fact is, the only proper way to rp a battle is rp what your armies do, and then your opponent Rp 's the damage and their response

Trouble is, you can't expect your opponent to be reasonable when it comes to damage, and you know perfectly well that during the fighting you'll be equally unreasonable. Its come to the point where wars go like this:

Person 1: "I use X to do massive slaughter *****'s troops"

Person 2: "Unfortunately for *******'s weapon, my troops were protected and continued to epic massacre *****'s ground force with X"

Person 1: "hay now i used X u dun have nothing left"

Person 2: "Yus I do"

Person 1: "No u dont"

Thread dies here

also gang $%&@ sucks. CNRP will die fast if this continues. It's already killed the Alliance/IG part of the game, lets keep it from destroying RP

I agree, maybe we should have a "god" who referees the outcome

Person 1: I use X here

Person 2: I use X here

"God" : (after over looking the strategy, and taking into account the stats and position of each player )

"God" : - - - This happens....

someone neutral or several gods (to make sure theres no possible bias)

(((unless both sides precondition the outcome, like Rep of War said... errr Otto Verteidiger ))) :D

anyway i didnt vote...

i want change, but not whats listed

Edited by Emperor Rick

ORLY?

forgive me then, i did just come back from the grave after being absent for,... how many months?

but yeah... will be interesting to watch then once a war gets underway.

Two months, to be exact. :awesome:

(Yeah, I keep track of time... :ph34r:)

Edited by JEDCJT