CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go to the weaponry area of the website, it explains everything. :P

Quite some extensive reading--for me anyway.

Good point we need a Mars map too for CNRP now and a Moon map.
Well considering I doubt mars bases to be huge supernations I doubt we need a map

It would still be nice, in case those who possess these bases want to do an RP with them... :)

No one can launch an attack from a space-colony. Even the super-nations of CNRP don't have the equipment for that.

Interstellar or stellar warfare is still way more advanced than CN's Mars' & Moon bases.

I meant one mars colony attacking another.

I meant one mars colony attacking another.

The most you can do is throw missiles at each other, and even missiles wouldn't be very efficient since there are no satellites orbiting Mars to guide the missiles to the target. Deploying soldiers with special climate body suits is extremely expensive, perhaps even more than the missiles.

The most our max amount of tech level allowed is equip space shuttles with missile launchers or basic laser weapons. Even that is pushing it since it would require much more engine thrust to lift the extra weight off Earth and drag a massive solar panels or batteries.

A ship with massive solar panels is very vulnerable, since enemy ships can simply throw a high explosive missile at those solar panels and boom, bye bye to the power source required needed to fuel the laser weapons.

Edited by HHAYD

There is a series of books called The Lost Fleet that has very realistic space combat. The ships in that version of stellar warfare flash past each other at up to 0.2 lightspeed. And, they incorporate time delays due to the speed of light into the combat scenes. Their weapons are called hell lances. Hell lances fire a "lance" of charged particles (it might be energy, but i think it is particles) at the enemy.

Edited by freakwars

The most you can do is throw missiles at each other, and even missiles wouldn't be very efficient since there are no satellites orbiting Mars to guide the missiles to the target. Deploying soldiers with special climate body suits is extremely expensive, perhaps even more than the missiles.

The most our max amount of tech level allowed is equip space shuttles with missile launchers or basic laser weapons. Even that is pushing it since it would require much more engine thrust to lift the extra weight off Earth and drag a massive solar panels or batteries.

A ship with massive solar panels is very vulnerable, since enemy ships can simply throw a high explosive missile at those solar panels and boom, bye bye to the power source required needed to fuel the laser weapons.

Actually, most if not all missiles would do poorly in space due to the lack of oxygen. The resounding explosion and damage would be minimal, at best.

Actually, most if not all missiles would do poorly in space due to the lack of oxygen. The resounding explosion and damage would be minimal, at best.

High explosive warheads are almost pointless, shrapnel and liquid metal jet warheads aren't.

Edited by Tahsir Re

High explosive warheads are almost pointless, shrapnel and liquid metal jet warheads aren't.

I don't think shrapnel missiles would do much damage unless if your enemy base lacks armoring. In space wars, it will chew up ships' thin armoring, if any.

Space warfare hasn't been allowed for close to a year now. There's no reason to let it be allowed now.

I'd think a basic space warfare should be allowed if long distance space travel is allowed. The space ships shouldn't be one of those ships in Star Trek or Star Wars. I am talking about a slightly enlarged space shuttle with few weapons equipped. Rail/coil or multiple laser guns would be off limit unless if the RPer comes up a way to supply those energy hog weapons with electricity.

Plus, the space ships would have even weaker armoring than a standard naval battleship due to weight restriction, resulting in a situation where whoever fires first wins. A punctured hull in a naval ship is no problem as long as no water is leaking in. A punctured hull in a spaceship will spell disaster for the crew. Space battles will last much shorter since most of the space battleships have weak armoring while towing high firepower.

Edited by HHAYD

The only reason long-distance space travel is allowed is because it exists in-game.

Exactly, but a few missile launchers and maybe a low power laser weapon should be the max amount of weapons a space shuttle can hold. The armoring would be the same as the civilian transport, almost non-existent.

In RL, you throw a RPG at a slightly larger space shuttle and it's going to cause some serious damage to the hull, fatal to the crew if it is in the outer space. An anti-armor missile or laser weapon would be an overkill. I'd seriously doubt space battles would last more than 5 minutes. I don't see why space battles should be banned if they are going to be extremely short and infrequent.

Edited by HHAYD

Although you could attempt to sabotage one another. Spy attempts and the like. That's actually what I was thinking of.

"There is a series of fiction books"

Noted. :P

newsflash...a 'fiction' book written by H. G. Wells predicted war in the air, and the Atomic Bomb. Science fiction can become science fact.

Space warfare hasn't been allowed for close to a year now. There's no reason to let it be allowed now.

Actually, technically, the only thing banned was space-based weapons for use against targets on the Earth.

newsflash...a 'fiction' book written by H. G. Wells predicted war in the air, and the Atomic Bomb. Science fiction can become science fact.

Actually, technically, the only thing banned was space-based weapons for use against targets on the Earth.

Just because one person made a very smart conclusion and also happened to write fiction books does not mean that every science fiction author is a genius. Should we be looking for raptors with WW2-era weapons to pop out of the sky?

There was no specification other than space-based weapons.

Just because one person made a very smart conclusion and also happened to write fiction books does not mean that every science fiction author is a genius. Should we be looking for raptors with WW2-era weapons to pop out of the sky?

There was no specification other than space-based weapons.

Obviously some of them will not happen...I was just pointing out that some are perfectly plausible future technologies.

The one that was in those 'fictional books' sounds like it might be one of them.Won't know unless I read 'em, of course.