CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question that I think should go here. Rebel army has posted that he is sending space craft to Mars and hopes to make a colony there. What I would like to know is how will this colony be built? We currently don't have the technology or the manpower to build a mars colony in real life so even though it is ingame I would like someone to show me how to set up a fully functioning colony on Mars please.

I have a question that I think should go here. Rebel army has posted that he is sending space craft to Mars and hopes to make a colony there. What I would like to know is how will this colony be built? We currently don't have the technology or the manpower to build a mars colony in real life so even though it is ingame I would like someone to show me how to set up a fully functioning colony on Mars please.

Honestly, beats me. But with his massive tech, he could probably find a way.

It honestly wouldn't be that hard with current tech to establish an outpost. You'd need an enclosed space to have the proper atmoshperic pressure, hydroponics for food and oxygen, and a steady supply of water which could probably be filtered from the martian ice.

Food, water, air.

EDIT: Also, Hi, me. :P Halloween's over now.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Honestly, beats me. But with his massive tech, he could probably find a way.

It honestly wouldn't be that hard with current tech to establish an outpost. You'd need an enclosed space to have the proper atmoshperic pressure, hydroponics for food and oxygen, and a steady supply of water which could probably be filtered from the martian ice.

Food, water, air.

EDIT: Also, Hi, me. :P Halloween's over now.

The technology is not that simple. You still have to deal with the issue of resupplying the base, dealing with radiation, the differences in temperature. You also got dealing with any emergency issues that can arise such as leaks in the habitats where the people live. Plus the steady supply of water wouldn't be avaliable until a mining facility was in place which would be there straight from the start.

Plus the costs in materials and funding would make this impossible for one single nation to achieve.

The technology is not that simple. You still have to deal with the issue of resupplying the base, dealing with radiation, the differences in temperature. You also got dealing with any emergency issues that can arise such as leaks in the habitats where the people live. Plus the steady supply of water wouldn't be avaliable until a mining facility was in place which would be there straight from the start.

Plus the costs in materials and funding would make this impossible for one single nation to achieve.

Sounds just like baawing because someone has something that you don't. <_<

Again, not necessarily. The funding issue wouldn't be so bad for a large, technologically advanced nation (such as Rebel Army, or RL U.S.).

Leaks can be patched, radiation (and temperature) can be dealt with by simply living a little ways underground (caves are perfect for this). We currently have the capability of making artificial Electro-Magnetic Fields not unlike our own planet's EM Field, which could provide further insulation from the radiation. And speaking of insulation--it's not that hard to make materials that keep the heat in.

The drilling for water would probably be done with an unmanned probe first.

Sounds just like baawing because someone has something that you don't.

Bio, no, it's not. It is someone attempting to reason it out.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Sounds just like baawing because someone has something that you don't. <_<

You continue to think whatever you want but I am not baawing as you put it. I am asking for valid and real life proof that this is possible which I am perfectly allowed to ask for.

You continue to think whatever you want but I am not baawing as you put it. I am asking for valid and real life proof that this is possible which I am perfectly allowed to ask for.

Try to get the SDI abolished while you're at it as the traditional form isn't in real life either. If you have it ig you have it in rp plain and simple.

Try to get the SDI abolished while you're at it as the traditional form isn't in real life either. If you have it ig you have it in rp plain and simple.

Although I did think that we agreed anything completely outrageous was going to be made into some sort of lesser equivalent once you possessed it IG.

One of the main reasons that this is available is simply that it is able to be done In-Game. If there were not Mars and Moon Bases In-Game, no, they would probably not be available here, however with Lavo, and I believe V's completion of the IG wonder it becomes available. Much as we do nearly everything around here. If you have it IG, you have it in the RP.