The Bermuda Triangle Pact

Raritan

Proposed Amendment:

To improve the combined power of all members the members will agree to share their available technology for research by others and possible reproduction.

OOC: Didn't know anything els to add as it's pretty self-explanatory :P

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United Republic hereby proposes the following ammendment to the Bermuda Traingle Pact and puts it up for vote.

Article XI - Technology

In order to improve and further strengthen the power and unity of the signatories, the signatories will share and allow other signatories to utilize their technology for research and to benefit the Bermuda Triangle Pact.

Voting Tally 1/11/2009:

"Article XI - Technology" Ammendment

Pravus Ingruo:

Rebel Virginia:

Ardoria: Yes

Imperium of America:

Tennessee Federation:

Tahoe:

Wiedergeburt:

Imperial Union:

1 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain, 7 Undecided

4 Needed to Pass

The United Republic hereby proposes the following ammendment to the Bermuda Traingle Pact and puts it up for vote.

Article XI - Technology

In order to improve and further strengthen the power and unity of the signatories, the signatories will share and allow other signatories to utilize their technology for research and to benefit the Bermuda Triangle Pact.

OOC: *sigh* :( I had hoped that this would not become a trend, but I guess that was wishful thinking. Well, if everyone does it, I guess it will all cancel out in the end. /OOC

OOC: *sigh* :( I had hoped that this would not become a trend, but I guess that was wishful thinking. Well, if everyone does it, I guess it will all cancel out in the end. /OOC

OOC: Only way to find out what the people want is to have a vote.

IC:

Voting Tally 1/12/2009:

"Article XI - Technology" Ammendment

Pravus Ingruo: No

Rebel Virginia: Abstain

Ardoria: Yes

Imperium of America: Abstain

Tennessee Federation: Yes

Tahoe:

Wiedergeburt:

Imperial Union: Yes

3 Yes, 1 No, 2 Abstain, 2 Undecided

2 Needed to Pass

It appears that we have never gotten around to discussing a common currency to adopt. I would suggest we should come to an agreement on this, and even decide whether or not we want a common currency, or otherwise vote to strike the clause from the agreement.

Also, the text of the treaty calls for us to elect a chairman for the Board of Directors, which we haven't done. Additionally it calls for us each to send two representatives, but it does not specify whether each gets a vote, or whether they collectively vote for the nation. I personally see no reason for each representative to get a vote, but instead have them vote for their respective nation, for simplicity's sake.

Another thing for us to discuss may be our stance on colonialism and foreign influence in the Americas, and whether or not we should take a collective stance. Perhaps we should discuss the pros and the cons.

With the passing of Article XI now unlikely, the United Republic will close the vote for the Article XI ammendment.

On the topic of a common currency, we believe that it would be easier to peg our various currencies to each other at specified rates so that conversion from one to another is easy and not have to go through the process of determining and producing a new set of currency.

• 3 weeks later...

The Republic of Rebel Virginia has no issue with this nation being accepted into the Bermuda Triangle Pact. We feel they meet the minimum requirements.

Additionally, we wish to update our signatures on this document to show our continued commitment to this pact.

For the Republic of Rebel Virginia

President Hank Scorpio

Secretary of State Patrick O'Reilly

Although somewhat annoyed at another name change by Rebel Virginia, the official clerk has updated the Pact.

The United Republic shall abstain from voting on Altea's membership pending the resolution of the conflict within the Middle East. If another member wishes to create a motion for Altea's admittance, they may do so.

Although somewhat annoyed at another name change by Rebel Virginia, the official clerk has updated the Pact.

The United Republic shall abstain from voting on Altea's membership pending the resolution of the conflict within the Middle East. If another member wishes to create a motion for Altea's admittance, they may do so.

The South Arabian conflict has been resolved. Altea won that one. The land is now part of Altea.

The Federation of Pravus Ingruo votes no based on the fact that we are strongly opposed to colonization, and Altea has admitted to having lands away from America.

Upon discovering this fact we will maintain a position of never accepting them as long as they have any kind of colony.