Defeat Alert Effects on Soldier Decommissioning NonExistent

enderland

Currently you are unable to decommission soldiers for a few days after ground attacking an opponent.

However, defeat alerts (unless they have been changed recently) do not prevent you from decommissioning soldiers/tanks immediately following them. Even though I am throwing away a decent nuclear war strategy, I am pointing this out.

The strategy btw is at update, nuke someone, buy/deploy a soldier, try to attack to return deployed soldiers home (maybe even getting lucky and getting a defeat alert before update), nuke them again AFTER update to completely eliminate soldiers, then defeat alert them; dismiss your soldier and never be able to be counterattacked other than by defeat alerts of your own.

The defeat alerts should cause the same net result on soldier/tank decommission that ground attacks do to prevent exploits.

I think the general problem is defeat alerts do not count against the ground attacks you can make in a day and hence aren't triggered by the decom restrictions when you conduct ground attacks. Right now, it's possible to inflict a defeat alert and two ground attacks on a single nation.

Edited by Count Rupert

• 8 months later...

Dismissing your 1 soldier (if you haven't been defeated already on that day) should I believe, with the recent closing of the self anarchy exploit, result in 1 defeat alerts worth of damage.

So basically utilising this 'strategy' would be handing a defeat alert to both attacker and defender.

Well the point of not being able to decommission soldiers is that you have caused ground damage to your opponent through them, it seems pretty clear if you give them defeat alerts that you have done this but are able to get around facing retaliation it by just decommissioning them.