Phone IPs

Czar Aleksander

I'm not quite up to the hip new lingo you kids use. If the phone does have its own Mobile IP, you'll be fine. If it's utilizing the wireless network of the routers nearby, then it's contingent on whether or not those networks have been accessed before.

As I said, I'm not up to date on mobile phone technology. From the little research I have done on T-Mobile phones, it utilizes whatever T-Mobile "HotSpot" network it's near if it's HotSpot enabled. If you're connecting directly to the tower and surfing the 'net that way...yeah, that might pose a problem.

Rule of thumb for burgeoning technology - don't be the guinea pig.

I have connected to CN through a variety of Cellphones in the 2 years I have been playing including a blackberry that I had with T-mobile and I never had a problem. If you are using the actual tmobile internet service it should be fine what you should be careful about is using any built in Wifi capability it has.(if it is not your own network) I do not think that the Sidekick has Wifi though so you should be ok.

Edited by KingSrqt

Well I wouldnt do it, my phone using KPN keeps switching from IP depending on where I am. Don't know if its stable when I use it near my house though, haven't bothered don't need it, have plenty of connection options

No, it's not ok. AFAIK all moble phones from say T-Mobile use the same external IP address.

I don't know about that.

I'm not an expert on T-Mobile's network scheme but I that is very, very unlikely and dangerous to a point (When investigating abuse and criminal situations)

The more likely scenario is that it depends on what cell tower you are using for communication. Probably each cell has its own IP address. So if anyone in your area (or areas you are driving through) use CN, you might not want to do this.

I wouldnt recommend it anyway.