Regarding CN / CN:TE policy

My CN nation's ruler and nation name are currently being used in CN:TE, even though I have not registered for this round. I can imagine this sort of thing will often happen to better-known players than myself. Enforcing rules to counter this practice, however, could be very difficult.

Is there, or will there be, any policy regarding usage of other people's CN nations in CN:TE?

Links: My nation in CN, imposter's nation in CN:TE

Thanks. :P

As the sign up screen states, "Do not steal names from CN standard." If you deliberately steal account names as in the instance above your account will be deleted.

The impostor nation has been deleted. Thanks for the report.

If I wanted to use my CN name in CN:TE how will you tell it is me and not someone else?

Well the main way is by someone reporting a stolen name. In that case I'll reference your network from CN standard and compare it to CN:TE to see if they match up. Of course there are numerous other ways as well.

Well the main way is by someone reporting a stolen name. In that case I'll reference your network from CN standard and compare it to CN:TE to see if they match up. Of course there are numerous other ways as well.

Like...

Being the all knowing Kevin O.O

just random thoughts on this.

so for example...

I want to use a different ruler name and nation name no TE... you will be able to match it up using email addies, ip addies and isp's and a few other goodies.

---

just wondering is that in the rules on TE to not steal someones ruler and nation name from CN:SE.

and what about banned ruler / nation names from CN:SE being used on CN:TE, are those banned also. Are they filtered on signup / nation creation?

I'm going pick on SoE and say she got banned on SE.. but someone else liked that ruler name on TE, would that be banned on TE?

May I offer a suggestion..? I think that when a user signs up on CN:TE, the server should check and see if the name already on CN. If it is, the new user should have to verify that is him on both CN and CN:TE, by entering his CN password. If the password matches the ruler he wants to be, then it registers him. If not, it lets him try again or enter a new ruler name. Would that also apply to country names..?

It would be nice if we could just run one CN nation and one CN:TE nation from the same account. Not sure if that could be worked out if you want to use a different ruler name, and there are probably some other problems, but it would fix issues with stealing names (can't use a CN ruler- or nation- name in CN:TE unless you're the same person) and would, for example, allow me to check if someone has stolen my CN name...

Also, I'm getting an error that says that either my ruler name, OR my email, is evidently already taken... I'm not sure if this is because of my CN nation or because of some impostor, however, and I can't check since I can't log in on CN:TE.

It would be nice if we could just run one CN nation and one CN:TE nation from the same account. Not sure if that could be worked out if you want to use a different ruler name, and there are probably some other problems, but it would fix issues with stealing names (can't use a CN ruler- or nation- name in CN:TE unless you're the same person) and would, for example, allow me to check if someone has stolen my CN name...

Also, I'm getting an error that says that either my ruler name, OR my email, is evidently already taken... I'm not sure if this is because of my CN nation or because of some impostor, however, and I can't check since I can't log in on CN:TE.

I don't see why we should do that. If no one has taken the name in vanilla CN, why shouldn't I be able to snag it in TE and have a different persona?

I don't see why we should do that. If no one has taken the name in vanilla CN, why shouldn't I be able to snag it in TE and have a different persona?

Well, there you have another problem with the issue, that you'd have to be able to use two different user names if you want. However, it does seem kinda unfair to hog two names, though I suppose that any names that would be really contested have probably already been taken...

Also, I'm pretty sure that, yes, my user name has been stolen, but I can't check to find the person... on that note, how did Freek find the impostor nation?

Edited by AlexanderRM of Hopeland

I had this happen to me (I took moo cows for the lulz)

I think that along with putting it in the first point on the ToS that no one reads, it should also be put under the actual sign up thing. It already says stuff like "warning, you can't change it" so logically you should put the add "warning, don't steal names from CN:SE (see ToS point 1.)

tricky admin, adding that right next to the pretending to be moderators

Also, I'm pretty sure that, yes, my user name has been stolen, but I can't check to find the person... on that note, how did Freek find the impostor nation?

Friends that play TE? In most CN alliance's you'll find another alliance member in TE. Just ask them if they can check.

I had this happen to me (I took moo cows for the lulz)

I think that along with putting it in the first point on the ToS that no one reads, it should also be put under the actual sign up thing. It already says stuff like "warning, you can't change it" so logically you should put the add "warning, don't steal names from CN:SE (see ToS point 1.)

tricky admin, adding that right next to the pretending to be moderators

It is in the TOS as well as in the register and new nation screens. Don't steal names from CN standard.