Cyber Nations Alliance Statistics Depot

Unspeakable Evil

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated 2008-06-17. There are a few days collection didn't occur, but I'm back home and should make daily updates again.

I hope your family member is doing ok UE

Thanks. The individual in question should make a full recovery, but it was rough for a few weeks.

Updated 2008-06-20.

Legion always held the most members ever.

Until that disbandment crisis...

I dislike the term "always". The crossover point seemed to be in GW3, around the 28th of March 2007, clearly visible in this old-school graph:

Old School Graph:

2007-04-30_AMC_TN.jpg

Edit: It does seem the era of multiple kilo-alliances has ended, though. Not a single one has over a thousand members anymore, where once NPO, GOONS, GATO, Legion and briefly ODN stood.

+----------+-------------+
| ALLIANCE | MAX NATIONS |
| Legion   |		1577 | 
| NPO	  |		1449 | 
| GATO	 |		1225 | 
| GPA	  |		1078 | 
| GOONS	|		1023 | 
| ODN	  |		1006 | 
| IRON	 |		 844 | 
| NAAC	 |		 830 | 
| FARK	 |		 813 | 
| TOOL	 |		 751 | 

Edited by Unspeakable Evil

It is important to note that back in those days no alliance seriously (or even passingly) combated ghosts, so none of those numbers reflect actual member count. I'm sure we all remember when GATO was put on the top of the newly introduced alliance list and saw their member count just about double overnight (something that they had no hesitation in accepting and bragging about).

For example, the last time I checked the statistics the Praetorian Guard, which deals with nations ghosting the NPO, it had processed over 5000 nations in the past year alone. I don't think the membership numbers of the largest alliances have changed a great deal; just the numbers claiming membership.

Updated 2008-06-20.

I dislike the term "always". The crossover point seemed to be in GW3, around the 28th of March 2007, clearly visible in this old-school graph:

Old School Graph:

2007-04-30_AMC_TN.jpg

Edit: It does seem the era of multiple kilo-alliances has ended, though. Not a single one has over a thousand members anymore, where once NPO, GOONS, GATO, Legion and briefly ODN stood.

| ALLIANCE | MAX NATIONS |
| Legion   |		1577 | 
| NPO	  |		1449 | 
| GATO	 |		1225 | 
| GPA	  |		1078 | 
| GOONS	|		1023 | 
| ODN	  |		1006 | 
| IRON	 |		 844 | 
| NAAC	 |		 830 | 
| FARK	 |		 813 | 
| TOOL	 |		 751 | 

Eh, nice response.

Always wanted those graphs =)

It is important to note that back in those days no alliance seriously (or even passingly) combated ghosts, so none of those numbers reflect actual member count. I'm sure we all remember when GATO was put on the top of the newly introduced alliance list and saw their member count just about double overnight (something that they had no hesitation in accepting and bragging about).

For example, the last time I checked the statistics the Praetorian Guard, which deals with nations ghosting the NPO, it had processed over 5000 nations in the past year alone. I don't think the membership numbers of the largest alliances have changed a great deal; just the numbers claiming membership.

Very true. You should have seen the list of ghosts the day we started busting them. :P That was back when we had 600 members... we've gotten rid of so many inactives since then.

-Bama

Updated 2008-06-28.

I'm now doing the 'All Alliances' list as well, though I'm sticking at 5 tiers of graphs. The Rankings are now clipped at the top 100 alliances by NS/Score. I'll see how it works out while still recording the Detailed Alliance view (since it shows things not on the All Alliances list, like Soldiers/Tanks/CMs). I may just cut down the detailed view to just the top 15 or so.

Edit: looks like mixing of the two sources is confusing something... one reading produces 0 soldiers, another an actual number. The graph script pulls the incorrect one. I'll figure it out and fix.

Edit2: fixed now, I think.

Edited by Unspeakable Evil

Wow RoK have a lot of tanks. (comparatively)

Also, there appear to have been a couple bugs in yesterday's data. A couple I noticed were TOP and VE's tank data drops to 0 for one thing, and SUN's 'percent nations in War Mode' data also drops to 0: there were probably others on graphs I didnt check. I'll assume this has to do with the problem you just mentioned.

Edited by HordeOfDoom