Simple military question

Mirreille

There is something I've been wondering about for a long time, but happily have not had to find out the hard way. Are tanks useful defensively at all? Do they in fact absorb some damage that would otherwise have ended up landing on ones soldiers, or is their presence irrelevant to the damage your soldiers receive? My own extremely limited experience would suggest they DO absorb some(I ended up with 7 tanks...joy!),but I would like to hear what others think on the subject.

I am not sure that anyone knows precisely how battle casualties are figured (except perhaps those alliances/people who claim to have reverse-engineered the game's formulas). Given their higher strength ratings, I imagine that they would, however. At the very least, tanks are going to kill more enemy soldiers, meaning that your enemy has less troops there to kill yours.

Thank you for the responses but that is not what I am asking, though Brotherington's post was useful. Do tanks absorb damage that would otherwise have hit your troops? That is what I am trying to get at.

The odds give the chance you will lose/win a battle, after that the game randomly calculates the casualties on both sides.

Thank you for the responses but that is not what I am asking, though Brotherington's post was useful. Do tanks absorb damage that would otherwise have hit your troops? That is what I am trying to get at.

no, the damage is spread out on both the tanks and the troops. so you can still have tanks left and have troop casualties