Can only buy 5 ships

Fredginator

The error message says that I have used 1 of 5 purchases today, which was 4 corvettes. Now I can only buy 1 ship, be it battleship, destroyer or cruiser. That would point to that the purchase thing is screwed over :unsure:

bugthingdd9.png

I can still buy one more ship :wacko:

bugthingpt2iw5.png

EDIT:*Fredginator facepalms.

I now realize that the error message means that I can buy only 5 ships a day, but in my opinion there can be many ships in one purchase. :| It's quite misleading

Edited by Fredginator

While I understand the max of 5 ships purchased per day. It would nice to see the system reconnize the deletion of a ship so you can rebuy another one. So in another words:

Person buys 5 ships for the day, realizes he wants a different one than the orginal 5 he purchased that day. If he deletes 1 of the 5 ships the system doesn't reconnize that the ship has been deleted and only 4 ships have truely purchased for the day. It should allow a person to rebuy that 1 ship for that day.

While I understand the max of 5 ships purchased per day. It would nice to see the system reconnize the deletion of a ship so you can rebuy another one. So in another words:

Person buys 5 ships for the day, realizes he wants a different one than the orginal 5 he purchased that day. If he deletes 1 of the 5 ships the system doesn't reconnize that the ship has been deleted and only 4 ships have truely purchased for the day. It should allow a person to rebuy that 1 ship for that day.

Wouldn't that present an exploit though? Person buys an aircraft carrier to stock up on aircraft then destroys the carrir and buys a Frigate so that he can blockade his opponent.

Not if you make it on the aircraft carriers that they can't delete one of the initial 5 carriers without decoming the airforce that goes with it. Very simular to that of the spys and Intel agencies.

Edited by Myworld

as much as i like aircraft, i think ursarkar has the right idea.

if you decom you ACs you should lose the planes that go with it, same if they get destroyed. I mean, the planes are sitting on the AC right?

What if they your aircraft carriers get hit in a war? Do you automatically lose the fighters then too? They would technically be up in the air.

Every other aspect of the game allows you to keep whatever, just simply not allowing you to replace them once lost. The easy solution is to let you keep them and up the upkeep on all planes like is done with tanks when you have more than you have the capacity for.

Edited by Count Rupert

What if they your aircraft carriers get hit in a war? Do you automatically lose the fighters then too? They would technically be up in the air.

in a naval battle fighters may actually not be in the air, but if they were, they could very easily be out of fuel range to go all the way back to your nation (or another nation in case of FAFB)

Most times in war they aren't unless on a mission and then they'd come back to no ship and be running out of fuel, so they'd most likely be screwed and have to eject into the ocean.

I don't think Admin is going to allow them to go to another ship because it'd require more work when it's not really needed.

how about, if i have 2 carriers, and 65 planes... one carrier gets destroyed, but i dont loose the extra 5 planes until the second is destroyed, we dont have to say they had to move carriers, just dont kill them until they have no where to land

Actually, it's more of I'd be assuming that there would be a CAP up, and so should be in effect at least until the next update. Otherwise, first striking became even more powerful, because it destroys not only carriers, which is expensive to replace, but the fighters as well, without them ever being used. it becomes a balancing issue.

Actually, it's more of I'd be assuming that there would be a CAP up, and so should be in effect at least until the next update. Otherwise, first striking became even more powerful, because it destroys not only carriers, which is expensive to replace, but the fighters as well, without them ever being used. it becomes a balancing issue.

I could go along with planes lasting till the next update, but if they dont have a place to land by then they get destroyed.

Also, after some testing, i dont think you'd be able to take out all of somebodies ACs as easily as all that. At first everything got destroyed in one attack, but the last 2 tests I've run you only end up killing 2-3 ships per attack, and with a fleet of 50+ there is a good chance carriers would survive