Events

Events  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All right. My first number crunch for this thread. Keep in mind that 52% of events are supposedly positive.

• 2/3 (66.6%) of events have been bad.
  • 32% of collection events have been good.
  • 34% of bill-paying events have been good.

• Preliminary conclusions:
  • Whether or not you are collecting or paying bills doesn't affect whether or not you get a good or bad event.
  • While there may be more positive events than negative events, you are twice as likely to receive a bad event than a negative event.
  • Negative events are proportionally much worse than good events (as observed through the posts in the Gameplay forums).

In the past nine days I've recieved four negitive events, all while collecting. What do you guys mean by "swapping?" Are you talking about collecting taxes one day and paying bills the next and continuing in that fashion in order to reduce the likelyhood of recieving an event?

You can currently have up to 8 events active at any one time. Though once you have three events, the odds of getting another one are lowered.

Really? I have 5 right now, three from the last four days. One good one and four bad.

Really? I have 5 right now, three from the last four days. One good one and four bad.

So you bet the odds. The fact that it's random means there will always be those at the two extremes. It's what admin stated in terms of the maximum number of events being 8 and reduction of the odds to get an event after you receive 3.

Collected 3 nights ago got a good event. Collected 2 nights ago and got the worst event in the history of the game. Litterly it was so bad that I ost over 300k in income because of it, and thats ontop of the fact that I had a good event before it. Thank god for that good event though or else ide be in serious trouble right now.

In the past nine days I've recieved four negitive events, all while collecting. What do you guys mean by "swapping?" Are you talking about collecting taxes one day and paying bills the next and continuing in that fashion in order to reduce the likelyhood of recieving an event?

No, you save up a ton of money and then only pay bills and collect every 10 days or so.

5 events total. all 5 negative.

i agree on the more frequent than 10% comment. i think admin should look at his math again.

I too have had 5 consecutive bad events over the last 12 days, I`m beginning to wonder if good events exist anymore (and as for the odds of getting an event, the math is screwy)

I think Admin was pissed when he wrote this one:

Option 1: Distribute aid to the bereaved and displaced. Population happiness -3, Citizen income -$5.00.

Option 2: Extent your sympathies but suggest that people should be doing more to help themselves. Population happiness -4, Citizen income -$2.00.

no response: Population happiness -6.

I have had one bad event. But I do not mind. I mean, it just adds more realism to the game. What would be great if there was a way (like an improvement, wonder, certain level of land/tech/lit rate/infra/, etc) to prevent a certain event. Then it would be more realistic. <_<

I think Admin was pissed when he wrote this one:

Option 1: Distribute aid to the bereaved and displaced. Population happiness -3, Citizen income -$5.00.

Option 2: Extent your sympathies but suggest that people should be doing more to help themselves. Population happiness -4, Citizen income -$2.00.

no response: Population happiness -6.

:wacko: I got this as my first of the 5 bad ones..., lovely choice of the frying pan or the fire...

To see if the numbers have changed.

• 31% of events have been good.
  • 30% of collection events have been good.
  • 31% of bill-paying events have been good.

• Preliminary conclusions [sTILL MATCH]:
  • Whether or not you are collecting or paying bills doesn't affect whether or not you get a good or bad event.
  • While there may be more positive events than negative events, you are about twice as likely to receive a bad event than a negative event.
  • Negative events are proportionally much worse than good events (as observed through the posts in the Gameplay forums).

You can currently have up to 8 events active at any one time. Though once you have three events, the odds of getting another one are lowered.

Hmmm... I must be really unlucky then. I have 4 negative and one positive. Got all of them in a 5 day span.