Police HQs or Border Walls?

Taishaku

With the new environment calculations, which one is better for me? I got 3.5k infrastructure, 4.85 environment, and 31.25 happiness. Should I get Police HQs first, then Border Walls, vice versa, or no Border Walls until I'm much bigger?

Edited by Taishaku

One way to find out for sure is to go 1 day inactive, then buy one of them, see what you would collect, then sell and buy the other and see what you would collect again. Then you'd know for sure.

My guess would be BWs are better for you, since you don't have perfect environment.

I do believe that, with the new environment update, most people make up the -2% loss of the border walls with pop. from the increase in environment and a lot actually gain population. With the +2 happiness that would make the border walls a better choice.

Lower environment also decreases happiness by about 1%.

Thats correct. I believe 1 environment gives 0.4 happiness as well. So +2.4 happiness & -1% citizens. That outweighs the loss of citizens.

Get enough border walls until you're at 1 plus global radiation.

Police station in the PDSAR? Never, even if the alternative was perma-ZI ha ha.

And seriously though, environment has always been an issue for me, environment in my nation is sort of like Stalingrad in 1952 lol (brief oOC referrence) so the +1 enviro bonus is pretty strong. And the happiness factor should counterbalance population loss.

The problem with Border Walls is they require a bunch of manipulation, building/destroying them to find the perfect level. Far and away the most efficient pattern for improvements is:

* 1 harbor

* 5 factories

* 5 banks

* 5 stadiums

* 3 schools

* 2 universities

* 2 clinics

* 1 hospital

* 1 foreign ministry

* 2 schools

* 3 clinics

* 5 police headquarters

* 5 intelligence agencies

* 5 churches

* 5 labor camps

Then the optional ones, such as Border Walls (which are irritating to balance properly), and Missile Defense + Sattellite.

I don't think one can say that there is any single best pattern to purchasing improvements. It all depends, mostly.

Plus, you have the FM way down there. Usually, if you start purchasing improvements, you're focusing more on growth. Tech deals give you a huge boost in that, and Id say a FM is almost necessary to maximize growth from the extra cash in tech deals.

That, and I don't think I'd ever permanently purchase LCs. Improvement Swapping ftw.

Edited by PsylentStorm