Best Military Wonders?

Carnage

Most people overlook the fact you need the Pentagon to get the WRC.

I'm well aware, that's why i bought it about 5 days ago ;)

I was ranking them as if I already owned them all, and was ranking their importance.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 bomber will do max damage if you have a tech advantage

fixed that for you a bit, you need more bombers when you're fighting someone with a decent sized tech difference because your bombers will more than likely get shot down, so having a few extra is better.

fixed that for you a bit, you need more bombers when you're fighting someone with a decent sized tech difference because your bombers will more than likely get shot down, so having a few extra is better.
1. Technology makes your people happy. Here's how the game currently figures the technology happiness bonus:

Technology = 0 then happiness = -1

Technology > 0 and <= .5 then happiness = +0

Technology > .5 and <= 1 then happiness = +1

Technology > 1 and <= 3 then happiness = +2

Technology > 3 and <= 6 then happiness = +3

Technology > 6 and <= 10 then happiness = +4

Technology > 10 and <= 15 then happiness = +5

Technology > 15 then happiness = + 5 + (Tech purchased * .02) up to level 200 tech

2. Having a higher technology level allows you to equip your soldiers and tanks with better weapons and gear. Technology is the most important bonus in ground battles compared to the bonuses for defending infrastructure and defending land area. The technology bonus effect works for both attacking and defending nations and adds bonuses to each nations battle odds.

3. Technology increases your nation strength by a multiplier of 5.

4. Technology lowers infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (Technology Level * 2) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

5. Technology increases your chances of spy operation/counter-operation success with the following equation: Number of Spies + (Technology Purchased / 20).

6. Technology increases damages caused in ground battles, cruise missile attacks, nuclear missile attacks, and aircraft bombing attacks by 0.01% per level of technology. If an attacking nation with 3,000 technology causes a defender to lose 20 infrastructure in a ground battle then based on this 'techbonus' the defender would lose a total of 26 infrastructure in the attack. (20 + (20 * (3000 * .01%)))

Technology, theoretically, has no effect on aircraft other than the initial level differences of the planes.

Uhh, I think you forgot #6. :P

That increases infra damage to the best of my knowledge only.

But given that the air system is so screwy and random for air combat anyways, it'd be almost impossible to ever prove without massive before/after data.

That increases infra damage to the best of my knowledge only.

But given that the air system is so screwy and random for air combat anyways, it'd be almost impossible to ever prove without massive before/after data.

considering it says damages i'd be leaning on the side of it causes moar damage to everything that can be killed/pillaged/destroyed in battle...except maybe money...

Technology, theoretically, has no effect on aircraft other than the initial level differences of the planes.

the more tech your opponent has than you(in my personal experience at least) the more likely it is your bombers will get hit, ideally you want to send 2 to 4 to ensure enough of your bombers survive to do max damage.

I basically meant that maximal damage could be done with just one bomber (20 infra before the update) but I guess that having multiple would increase the likelihood of doing any damage at all. Usually I send all fighters first then my one bomber with max fighters .

fighters are really just there to get shot so your bombers dont.

My wonder purchase order, if I had to do it again would be (after the SM, IS, and SSS)

SDI

CIA

MP

DRA (Aiding does take precedence in war.)

HNMS

FAFB

AADN

Pentagon

NRL

WRC

Yes, the WRC works absolutely awesome... but the other ones are just needed to increase that in my eyes. Fallout shelter is absolute jank to me. I might buy it if I've exhausted all other alternatives, but EVERYTHING outranks it in my opinion.

You are doing it wrong...

My count is 78/2 and I do maximum infra damage on my bombing runs ;)

True, you don't need many bombers on a mixed run to do max damage. But I like spares. My typical runs were 55/5. Which is one of the big points of a FAFB. If I lose a bomber or 2 on a run then I have a reserve. If they hit me first and knocked out a couple bombers then I can still make my runs. The great thing about the FAFB is you have enough planes to stock up for both offensive and defensive wars. If some other alliance decides to surprise attack mine then I won't be caught short on that critical first assault.

As for tech playing a role, I concur that tech makes a difference in air attacks. My two last opponents were on opposite sides of my tech range. The guy with lower tech mostly lost the air battles. The guy with the greater tech seemed to have a slight advantage and I had to spend a lot rebuilding my airforce. I'd get my damage in, but I'd pay a solid prices for those runs. Two nation wars don't make a statistical table, but it pushed me into wanting more tech immediately.

Is the MP valuable? Getting that way. Nations starting today will likely need it. But if you are over 5000 Infra then why not make a good run at the 5% bracket? If it eludes you then at least you boosted your economy enough to make the MP cheaper. But at my size it would be folly to buy something I don't need unless I run out of choices.

I've purchased the AADN before the FAFB and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with it.

During the recent war, I was under attack by five people (three with far superior tech) and by and large, air attacks did no damage. I believe the ratio was three planes of theirs for every one of mine shot down. With a very little chance of damage done from air attacks. And when they did, it was with reduced damage.

Personally, I think people under-value the AADN.

I've purchased the AADN before the FAFB and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with it.

During the recent war, I was under attack by five people (three with far superior tech) and by and large, air attacks did no damage. I believe the ratio was three planes of theirs for every one of mine shot down. With a very little chance of damage done from air attacks. And when they did, it was with reduced damage.

Personally, I think people under-value the AADN.

hmmm, i'd like to hear other people's stories about this as well

My wonder purchase order, if I had to do it again would be (after the SM, IS, and SSS)

SDI

CIA

MP

DRA (Aiding does take precedence in war.)

HNMS

FAFB

AADN

Pentagon

NRL

WRC

Yes, the WRC works absolutely awesome... but the other ones are just needed to increase that in my eyes. Fallout shelter is absolute jank to me. I might buy it if I've exhausted all other alternatives, but EVERYTHING outranks it in my opinion.

While I don't agree with it entirely, this is the best suggested order I have seen in this thread.

Also, the fallout shelter is very very very bad. It is absolute last in my wonder order (even behind Aid Commission).

Edited by bigwoody

While I don't agree with it entirely, this is the best suggested order I have seen in this thread.

Also, the fallout shelter is very very very bad. It is absolute last in my wonder order (even behind Aid Commission).

The fallout Shelter actually can hurt you more than help you. It would benefit you more not to get it.

It's far from being that bad really. Actually it's a pretty decent wonder for nations over 8k infra imo

How valuable is the Nuke Silo? I suppose having an extra five nukes can really help in the middle of a nuke war to give that extra punch, and the unspyable stash of 5 nukes can be really good if the enemy is overwhelming you with spies, but priority do you think it should take?

How valuable is the Nuke Silo? I suppose having an extra five nukes can really help in the middle of a nuke war to give that extra punch, and the unspyable stash of 5 nukes can be really good if the enemy is overwhelming you with spies, but priority do you think it should take?

I'd rather use the slot for the Manhattan Project or a different military wonder.

It's far from being that bad really. Actually it's a pretty decent wonder for nations over 8k infra imo

Actually the reason why it is so bad is because even after you are nuked, they can still do an extra 40-50 damage immediately after because you will still have troops left over. If you don't have the shelter, your troops will be reduced to zero, which prevents them from raiding you.

Actually the reason why it is so bad is because even after you are nuked, they can still do an extra 40-50 damage immediately after because you will still have troops left over. If you don't have the shelter, your troops will be reduced to zero, which prevents them from raiding you.

Unless you have deployed soldiers.

Unless you have deployed soldiers.

you'll still be weakened enough for them to score some easy hits on you if you aren't online at the time or aren't quick enough to buy everything back. 80% troops more often than not is not enough to keep you out of anarchy for two attacks straight unless you've got a serious tech advantage or a pentagon. Honestly, if I were fighting more than one enemy at a time, and I had a choice of using nukes on somebody with a Shelter, or somebody without one. I would nuke the guy with the shelter in a heartbeat.