Hereno

[Private]

A message was wired through AES256-encrypted cables to representatives of the nations of the Americas. These nations included The Resistance, the Plains Federation, the United Caribbean States, Texas, the Cascadian Empire, and the California Republic.

It has been long since the Americas were unified in defense against imperialism under the military strength of Tikal and its allies, and the world has shown the necessity of the defense of the Americas. With incursions across the Atlantic, into South America, and also into Alaska, we feel it is of the utmost urgency to have a meeting to discuss the defense of the Americas from the Asians and the Europeans. To these ends, you are all invited to Halifax for an emergency conference.

Please, do not tarry - the future of the new world is at stake!

Signed,
Sir Walter Crowley

Gerald Herald, highest authority in the California Republic, would be sent to attend this important conference and would arrive within the day. Until then, he would personally sent a letter to Halifax.

Dear Halifax,

I apologize for my nation's tardiness on the reply. I should, by now, be on a plane to your country. We have been very busy lately, since we are in a time of uneasy peace, we have been focusing on getting perfect interior security, and have basically forgotten we are not the only nation on this planet. I was able to negotiate to represent my nation myself at this conference, and it will be an honor to finally meet you and your representatives.

Sincerely,

Gerald Herald

President

California Republic

"Hello my name is Daniel Lucier and I am attending this meeting on behalf of The Cascadian Empire. We would like to report that the East Asian incursion into Alaska has been repelled! We could not have done this without the support of Texas of course but we were still able to do it, so go America. There is a sad side to this story, Texas was the only one to help us. We definitely need a more united America, one where is no possibility of colonialism on our shores."

"We are relieved the Alaskan conflict has come to a peaceful resolution. It is true the Americas face threats from all sides. The days are gone where a single powerful nation such as Tikal could protect the New World. In the face of powerful alliances such as Nordic Hammer and the Pacific Rim, it will take the combined commitment of every nation in the Americas to make sure our lands stay free. I believe the reformation of the NWO (New World Order) will be a strong first step to protecting our continent."

"Hello, my name is Gerald Herald, President of the California Republic. Although the Alaska conflict came to a peaceful end, the East Asian expansion into the Americas succeeded and they got American land. Now, over time they will slowly attempt to gain more and more land. Repelled, as the Cascadian used it, it an interesting word. We should find any way possible to stop further advancements in the future by any nation, and I am interested in attempting to fund this. On another note, I am also upset with the absence of North American nations in the World Trade Committee, which is currently building it's headquarters in Havana. Other than California and UCS, North American nations have been absent."

Daniel gave Gerald a strange look. "Excuse me? Do you forget your neighbour to the north. We attended your conference. We pointed out some of the more ambiguous proposal ideas, and voted on Havana as the suitable location. For its more central location. Speaking of the UCS, Cascadia does not believe a revival of the NWO would do much to solve our problems. Why bring back an organization that so evidently failed. First Tikal and then the rest of South America. We need to begin a new organization, one that will not fail to protect our interests."

"One where all of the nations involved can agree to a treaty that benefits us all. I'm not saying everything the NWO set out to do is bad, I'm just saying that they failed. Cascadia is the only active surviving nation. We have been here since the start, we have seen every nation rise and fall. We have seen almost every organization fall, mainly due to strife between two nations. If we truly are to succeed here, all nations must bury the hatchet."

"The UCS was also a founding member of the NWO, if you don't recall. I agree, we all need to get along to make this happen.

If were against reforming the NWO, then a new organization must be created. I propose the American defense pact.

America Defense Pact

Preamble: The undersigned nations have come together in recognition that America is free to carve out its own future, and to ensure that this freedom remains from outside influences.

Article 1: All signatories recognize that defending the Americas is above internal American disputes, and will work together to ensure the Americas remain free.

Article 2: All signatories are required to defend American soil from Foreign Powers attempting to annex America land.

Article 3: Signatories are strongly encouraged, but not required, to defend other signatories from Foreign attacks.

Article 4: A foreign nation is defined as any nation that did not originate in the Americas, has more then 50% of their land mass in America, and or doesn't have their capital in the Americas.

Article 5: A vote will be held by all signatories to determine who will be chairman, each nation getting one vote. The chairman has the responsibility of representing the organization. He also has the power to appoint a deputy.

Article 6: Any American nation can apply to join, but must be accepted by a majority vote of the members.

Article 7: Any member can choose to leave this organization at any time, but must give proper prior warning beforehand.

(Rough draft obviously, I suck at writing treaties, but looked like none of you wanted to.)

"If this Defense Pact is signed, I feel the California Republic should represent the World Trade Committee in meetings, and we would like to create a treaty between the WTC and ADP. Agreeing to these terms would lead us to signing the treaty,"  Herald said, then looked at the Cascadian. "Yes...yes, there is a reason you survived through the NWO."

"Would it not help to be able to get supplies that may, in turn, feed people? More specifically, be able to feed soldiers? The WTC cannot get involved militarily, as in giving weapons, but that doesn't mean they can't feed people. As long as we are open to giving supplies to someone on the other side, it is OK to give this stuff."

"We disagree strongly with having leaders in this organization. Here is our modified proposal:

The Monroe Doctrine

1. Nations without capital cities in the Americas are warned against colonizing in the Americas without the support of this organization. Additionally, they are disallowed membership in this organization.
2. Majority rules in all votes.
3. Members may join or leave at their discretion.
4. The undersigned are obligated to defend each other when the council of signatories deems it prudent to the protection of long-term continental interests.

Additionally, I think that a fifth term could read like this:

5. Intelligence sharing is mandatory if the intelligence being kept secret would in any way jeopardize long-term continental interests.

Thoughts?"

"Sir, with all due respect, I disagree with forcing a nation to go to war. I believe an organization cannot be based on the idea of war, even if it is meant as a crusade. Couldn't the nation I don't know...simply leave the group? And do we really want to lose members of the group because they want to find a peaceful solution? The way you sent the letter made it sound almost desperate, and if we are so desperate, than why do you not seem to care if you lose members of an organization crucial to the security of an entire two continents? And why revive a Doctrine that all it did was give more power to a single nation, making that one nation a control freak and getting in the way of nations clearly based on the continent? The Monroe Doctrine gave Tikal all the power in the world, having soldiers almost every 2 feet across the Americas, why revive such a Doctrine a third time?"

"Ah, well that is very good to hear, it is always best to avoid war when possible." Daniel turned to Gerald once more, "You weren't here for this but before the NWO was created Tikal had immense amounts of power that it could exert over everyone. After the signing of the treaty that power was split and equalized between all of the nations. What the CRNA is proposing does not disallow diplomacy before war but states that if there is war, you will defend the Americas. In fact if you decide not to defend her then you should be considered an enemy of the Americas."

"By ending on a peaceful terms, do you mean giving foreign nations more American land, as what happened in the Alaska? Also, I do agree with The Cascadian when he says that you will likely take this as an excuse to make us defend you. I do not like to urge for war, but c'mon, all peace will do is give away more American land. Yes, the Alaska conflict ended peacefully, but we just gave away land. We cannot give power to a single nation, we must balance it. A Monroe Doctrine will not do that. By creating The Monroe Doctrine, you literally set yourself up to fail.