Possible Reduction

lkfht

I am considering reducing/eliminating my Italian navy so as to #1 stop Italian Imperialistic agenda, #2 improve relations with Africa, and #3 improve relations with Europe. (Also getting difficult to maintain the ships IG)

What I am wondering is since the naval reduction would severely weaken Italian preemptive defense capabilities, would other European and even African nations bordering the Mediterranean be willing to sign a MDP or some type of agreement to defend Italy.

Thoughts?

Why would a weakened navy improve relations?

You can stop "The Italian Imperialistic Navy" without disbanding it. You also risk endangering your nation. If you would like to, you may request The Ukraine to defend your nation via Naval capabilities if this is really what you want to do.

From my point of view in an analogy; (and it may just be me not understanding something or missing something) you're taking a gun away from someone you label as bad, to make people like your nation ICly.

Well, the presence of an 'imperialistic' navy may cause tensions with neighboring nations, and may pose a juicy target in war. Reducing it can go a long way in reassuring your neighbors of your peaceful intentions and reduce tensions. And you don't really need a large navy anyways; some fast attack craft and missile boats can pack a heck of a punch.

Well, the presence of an 'imperialistic' navy may cause tensions with neighboring nations, and may pose a juicy target in war. Reducing it can go a long way in reassuring your neighbors of your peaceful intentions and reduce tensions. And you don't really need a large navy anyways; some fast attack craft and missile boats can pack a heck of a punch.

Well yeah but my point is if you want to appease people and don't want an imperialistic navy, don't be imperialistic :P