Blogs (of the CN variety)

JoshuaR

I thionk, like me, it's the latter half of your sentence that applies -- too lazy to hunt down the good stuff, and he wishes it was all on the OWF.  Maybe the trolls don't bother with the blogs, though, and the blogs are a better avenue for finding the gems.

Again, to me, this comes back to the blog feature being ineffective itself. More organization, better search tools, categorization, etc would make it way easier to dig through the blogs you don't care about and reach ones that are truly worth reading. If it was reimagined (is this on admin or IP boards?) I suspect they would be used more, and used correctly.

jerdge's post wondering about why people chain like dominoes should be an OWF discussion.

Well at times I have something OOC to say about an IC thread, and I thus use a blog entry. (If you make a blog entry about some thread the blog gets linked in the thread - at the bottom of the page - which I think is handy.) When some IC story triggers some thought, which ends with not being just about that specific IC story and/or I don't want it to be dragged into some IC argument, I use the blog without the thread link.

I fear that most times I make a blog entry, anyway, I just didn't think it out very much! I imagine I just vaguely consider that what I am saying is nothing particularly interesting or worth a thread of its own, but at the same time it's worth something more than just a reply in some thread - maybe because I am trying to make some generalization, or something like that. You made me think, anyway, and I may reconsider my use of blogs.

(Also: thanks Letterkenny, you're very kind! :) )

You misunderstand. I don't want to see best x or worst y in the OWF either but currently many good topics that could spark more community involvement are in blogs, leaving the stupid best x topics in the OWF.

And yes I am lazy an don't want to Search for good posts. I shouldn't have to. The forum is organized. I can find topics easily. Blogs are not.

And to mention the other point made, that the OWF has become too scary a place to post anymore, that it is filled with vindictiveness and wasteful propaganda, that blogs offer a refuge and save haven from this cruel cruel world:

The OWF is what you make of it. If you don't like it, CHANGE it. It is what you make of it, o ye valiant posters and content creators. You don't improve a situation by running from it.