Tank cost ridiculously high?

o ya baby

I recently went to go buy tanks again for the first time in months, and I went to look at how much it would cost me to fully stock on them, and it was 3x as high as it had been before with the exact same trade setup.  It used to cost approximately 25ish million or so to do so.  Now, it is "[font=Verdana, arial, 'san-serif']This transaction will purchase 24,876 tanks for a total price of $75,315,392.56."[/font]

This is not consistent with the way the game says pricing will work, as my soldiers cost $34.80 each, and the game states that tanks will cost soldier cost times 40, which equals $1,392ish per tank, not $3,027.  I checked the update log for any changes in the tank prices and saw nothing. 

Purchase cost = Soldier cost * 40
Soldiers Costs Per Unit To Buy - $34.80
Tanks Costs Per Unit To Buy - $3,027.63
Maybe I'm missing something, hopefully someone else can explain why my tanks cost such a ridiculous amount compared to what they used to cost. As it stands, they are 87 times more expensive rather than 40.

Edited by o ya baby

Well, it's dependent on how much tech you have, but is your tank cost 40 times as high as your soldier cost or is it different?  Mine is 87 times higher instead of 40, like the website says it should be.  I know for a fact my tanks weren't this high the last time I bought them

Not a bug.

Weapons Research Complex - $150,000,000 -
    Increases the technology bonus to damage from 0.01% to 0.02% per technology
    level, Increases the number of nukes that can be purchased per day to 2,
    hurts environment by +1, Increases the purchase costs of all military by
    0.01% per technology level.
Requires 8,500 infrastructure, 2,000 technology,
    National Research Lab, Pentagon Wonder.

See the bit in bold. You have a WRC, which inreases military costs by 0.01% per technology level.

You have 33,500.24 technology, which means a multipler of 4.350024 (335% more costs --> 4.35 multipler)

You have 5 factories, which reduces costs by 50%.

$34.8 * 40 = 1392 * 4.35 * (1 - 0.5) = 3027.616704

My answer is within ~1 penny of your actual costs.

Edited by Iceknave

Not a bug.

See the bit in bold. You have a WRC, which inreases military costs by 0.01% per technology level.

You have 33,500.24 technology, which means a multipler of 4.350024 (335% more costs --> 4.35 multipler)

I think there is a bug and you found it. The multiplier is already applied to soldiers, and it looks like it's applied a second time to tanks. Making tank costs exponentially connected to tech.

I mildly disagree.

Tank costs is a function of solider costs first. There's nothing to say that there can't be additional modifiers on top of that.

Ie, infra costs is a linear function with jumps, but is affected by additional modifiers in the form of trades, improvements, and wonders, each of which is counted as a seperate modifer.

I mildly disagree.

Tank costs is a function of solider costs first. There's nothing to say that there can't be additional modifiers on top of that.

Ie, infra costs is a linear function with jumps, but is affected by additional modifiers in the form of trades, improvements, and wonders, each of which is counted as a seperate modifer.

You missed the part where my tanks, before I checked again, were the correct cost of 28-30ish million.  I have never, ever, ever in my life paid 75 million for tanks, ever, and I bought max tanks at 26,000 infrastructure to fight in wars.  I would remember paying that high of a cost repeatedly, not to mention I would be broke paying 75 million dongs twice a day to fully restock them after a nuke and after attacks.  Something changed and I'm curious to know what did. Edited by o ya baby

Good O Ya Baby

I would be thrilled if it was a bug however.............

Soldiers Costs To Buy
        $59.09

Tanks Costs Per Unit To Buy
        $8,728.36

Please note MY multiple.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Not a bug.

Correct and closing.