War stats deleting self

Kesslan

So not a major issue but been at war with one nation for a while now and the war ended last night. The nation in question immediately re-declared at update but doing so apparently forced a wipe of the previous war's information that I would have liked to have seen the final results of.

Thanks for the report. See the game update log:

3-10-2013

Wars can no longer be manually deleted until 30 days after they have expired. This is to preserve the war details information so that all parties have ample time to review the war details.

Isn't 30 days a bit long? I mean both parties can get deleted from inactivity before either of them can delete the war.

Excellent point.

I actually like being able to choose whether or not to delete my war activity. If you want to go off the radar, it makes it more difficult, because even if you change AA's you still have a war record for 30 days. I deleted my war reason in my last round for that exact reason.

EDIT: isn't it good enough to have battle reports in your inbox???

Edited by Enamel32

Excellent point.

I actually like being able to choose whether or not to delete my war activity. If you want to go off the radar, it makes it more difficult, because even if you change AA's you still have a war record for 30 days. I deleted my war reason in my last round for that exact reason.

EDIT: isn't it good enough to have battle reports in your inbox???

This is a pretty good point. War details could be sent to each combatant via in-game message, or put on a category similar to successful spy ops, where they can be seen only by the nations involved once they have been deleted from the war and battle screen, unless someone does a Gather Intelligence operation against them. Going off the radar is a successful strategy that is being used by the underdogs in the current round of wars to hold their ground against numerically superior opponents, and removing such a strategy seriously limits the counterplay opportunities in such a situation, only reinforcing the advantage of superior numbers.

This is going to create bug reports; since under some conditions one nation will repeatedly declare war against another nation for several months.

Wars have a random chance of blocking redeclares; and previous wars are deleted as part of a workaround.

===

IMO, it's better to go with Samus or others' suggestions and include total war stats in daily archives.

I changed the war deletion restriction from 30 days to 5.

This is going to create bug reports; since under some conditions one nation will repeatedly declare war against another nation for several months.

Wars have a random chance of blocking redeclares; and previous wars are deleted as part of a workaround.

===

IMO, it's better to go with Samus or others' suggestions and include total war stats in daily archives.

I'm aware that bugs will likely be reported. It's long time to correct those problems anyways.

===

He did already :P

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/115197-destructionzip/