Diplomatic Arrangements with Monaco-Valencia

Maelstrom Vortex

A phone call from Paris broke the still air in the diplomatic offices of Monaco Valencia. "Hello, this is Joan Clemenceau, I'm in Paris with King Geoffrey de'Plantegenet and King Koda Fitzroy the Fith. We were wondering if Paul the Second were up to being visited in the next 3 hours. They'd like to talk to him about regional affairs. Duke Paul Rosseau of Andorra will also be joining us on the flight assuming Paul the Second would have the time to sit and speak with us."

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1315589535' post='2797447']
A phone call from Paris broke the still air in the diplomatic offices of Monaco Valencia. "Hello, this is Joan Clemenceau, I'm in Paris with King Geoffrey de'Plantegenet and King Koda Fitzroy the Fith. We were wondering if Paul the Second were up to being visited in the next 3 hours. They'd like to talk to him about regional affairs. Duke Paul Rosseau of Andorra will also be joining us on the flight assuming Paul the Second would have the time to sit and speak with us."
[/quote]

"The Kings are welcomed to Monaco to meet with the Sovereign Prince of Monaco. Further if needed the Minister of State Michel Roger."

[b]Hours Later...[/b]

The plane carrying the three heads of state would arrive in the Monaco-Valencia capitol. All 3 leaders of the French Unity Accords were present to hold discussions with the heads of state here. Geoffrey would come off the plane last, giving the others the courtesy of leaving the confines of the plane first.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

There was no red carpet or any sort of big arrival party since this seemed to be an impromptu trip. The Minister of State Michel Roger led the dignitaries from the plane to the waiting cars and left towards the Prince's Palace. There the Sovereign Prince of Monaco would be waiting for the vehicles to arrive so that the discussions could take place as quickly as possible.

The Prince shook the hands of the various leaders and once pleasantries were done he replied to the question," [i]Of course, if you follow me, we have cleared the council room which should be enough for all of us to sit comfortably and discuss the reason for your excellencies visit today." [/i]Nodding at the other leaders present before leading them towards the council room in the east wing of the Prince's palace.

Paul was thinking the same stuff as Koda. He didn't want to become a major part of foreign diplomacy just yet but since Andorra is in between Angevin and Monaco-Valencia he knew he would probably be right in the middle of it, but he was confident that no matter what happened he would still turn Andorra into a major player in the world of foreign affairs and diplomacy ,and bring Andorra into a state of prosperity not seen for centuries.

Edited by jesbro

As the group settled down, seeing his companions were quiet, Geoffrey began the discussions. "Now that we are all settled, I thought we would start out our discussions with what we find mutually acceptable. The French Unity Accords members, including myself, seek to establish closer ties to Monaco Valencia. Personally, I would like to see these ties as closely knit as possible. As a southern neighbor with whom we have had quiet and peaceful relations we see it as a noble goal to ensure those relations never deteriorate. Additionally, Monaco Valencia has part of traditional France, and we see those persons living in that portion of Monaco Valencia.. as our fellow french-men. Thus it would not make sense for us to ever want to war with you... or they.. and that we should want to see to their safety and yours. Given that we wish as close of ties as possible, this only leaves the question of what Monaco Valencia sees as acceptable ties to establish grounds on which to proceed with discussion."

"Seeing as Andorra will need some more population room soon it would be fair if that was to become Andorran territory but I currently am not ready to start a heated argument over it just yet."

Edited by jesbro

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1315848668' post='2799268']
As the group settled down, seeing his companions were quiet, Geoffrey began the discussions. "Now that we are all settled, I thought we would start out our discussions with what we find mutually acceptable. The French Unity Accords members, including myself, seek to establish closer ties to Monaco Valencia. Personally, I would like to see these ties as closely knit as possible. As a southern neighbor with whom we have had quiet and peaceful relations we see it as a noble goal to ensure those relations never deteriorate. Additionally, Monaco Valencia has part of traditional France, and we see those persons living in that portion of Monaco Valencia.. as our fellow french-men. Thus it would not make sense for us to ever want to war with you... or they.. and that we should want to see to their safety and yours. Given that we wish as close of ties as possible, this only leaves the question of what Monaco Valencia sees as acceptable ties to establish grounds on which to proceed with discussion."
[/quote]

[i]We welcome the French Unity Accords with open arms. We believe it is a good step for our young neighbours to set up and grow in a stable environment. Further we agree the greater French nation must stick together through thick and thin after all politically we may be different but our peoples share similar cultures and cousins across borders. Monaco-Valencia though is greater than just the Cote D'azur and therefore we will not be interested at the time to join the French Unity Accords as Valencia is of Spanish heritage and in an union such as ours we must be fair to all citizens. This does not mean we aren't interested in keeping a close relationship we believe it can be achieved through other means other than that of the French Unity Accords. In fact in good faith we are willing to set into an effect a doctrine setting up the Greater French Region where peaceful coexistence without the possibility of a war between the nations who have ratified the document. Further we invite the Unity Accords members to adopt a common currency system along with Monaco-Valencia as this may increase the development of the financially weaker nations. Further we believe in a policy of "Friends without Borders" where we remove visa restrictions and allow travel between nations without many restrictions to help with the Social integration between the Greater French Regions. These are our thoughts on how we may proceed. [/i]
[i]
[/i]
The Prince finished and looked up at the Andorran Duke's speech, " [i]Beg your pardon Honorable Duke but may you please clarify your statement?"[/i]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

"Geoffrey was talking about that area between Angevin and Athenian territory that you control. Andorra is small right now but soon we may need more room than we currently have and that area being between both Angevin and Athenian territory would be perfect, but I am not prepared to start a heated argument over it right now so never mind."

Edited by jesbro

"Umm.. Duke Rosseau.. that actually wasn't anywhere near what was on my mind. What the Prince was bringing up is the reason that I and Ms. Clemenceau set up this meeting." He looked back to the Prince, "I cannot speak for the others, but I believe the Greater French Region is a beautiful idea. I suspect the Duke may want to stay after and discuss with you what he speaks of as a matter between Andorra and Monaco Valencia, but I doubt it is in your will to help him in that manner. After all, if Andorrans need space.. they can just move across the border into Angevin France.. or Burgundy.. there is no shortage of space for them next door. The Greater French Region concept would open the doors more. I also like the concept of a common currency. Currently we use the English Pound and the Libre, but it would simplify things if we went to a unified currency. However, if we do that, we'll have to integrate our banking systems a little to keep the money supply properly controlled. Probably would be best to use a board of 3 seats per member nation filled by the 3 largest banks of each nation to help decide on monetary policy decisions for the region. We can call it the Western European Reserve System (WERS). I also strongly suggest we avoid FIAT currency and actually back the currency with some form of materials. In the Angevin Monarchy, we use trade goods such as Precious Metals, Wines, and Oil."

He scratched his chin, "Prince, could you have your staff prepare a document for us with your ideas and the joint banking and currency concept included for us to look at?"

"Now that I can agree to. The main reason we need access to that area is for our trade routes to Austria and Athens. It would make it much easier on the shipping truck drivers to get stuff to Austria and Athens and back without having to go over the Alps much. Although much of our imports and exports are transported by air, ground transport is a lot cheaper if you have access to the right roadways to get the stuff to its destination much faster and safer than going through those passes. I myself have been through those passes during the winter and I have to say that going through it during winter is a very dangerous business and we need to make sure that the trucks have safe passage otherwise stuff could get lost and profits would go down economy wise. So I believe that an open border policy for that region as well is a perfect idea.”

As they talked Koda reclined in his seat listing to this conversation. When he had fully understood what they were saying after texting his economic minister for what the terms mean. He said "Unfortunately, i cannot join this currency. The economy of Burgundy must be carefully controlled by the Central Bank of Burgundy. However i am interested in the other proposals, however i have a question. How would the no visa's benefit burgundy whom doesn't share a boarder with most of the people in this meeting?" As he finished talking he anxiously awaited a reply.

The Prince nodded at his staff to inform the Minister of State of the happenings and for him to come to the Prince's Palace immediately. He listened carefully to the speakers before replying to the Burgundian ruler,

[i]Your excellency we are disappointed that you would not wish for a currency union. This currency would be monitored and controlled by a central bank that would be formed to improve the economies of all signatories. If that is what you wish though we can make a special provision. Now the idea of the no visa rules is simple for French people to travel from Nice or Marseille to Paris which has historically been the seat of French power why must they need a visa? Hence we believe that while we may not share borders to allow free moving in this Greater French Region could help with integrating the peoples of this region. Also apologies but it will take around thirty minutes before the treaty could be brought to the table for further deliberations as currently our Minister of State has been working on it and he is elsewhere at this point. [/i]

The Minister of State Michel Roger faxed a document through a secured line to the Prince's Palace. The aides received the document and brought it into the meeting room.

[i]Ah it seems my Minister of State has finally updated himself on technology using a fax machine this time [/i]said the Prince chuckling. [i]Feel free to go through the document and discuss any amendments or objections to clauses in the treaty. Aides please do pass around the document. Thank you. [/i]
[i]
[/i]
With that each leader were given a document to read through and discuss -
[center][quote][b][size="2"]Treaty Establishing the Greater French Region[/size][/b][/center][center][center][b][size="2"]"Pact of Monaco"[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[center][center][b] [/b][/center][/center]
[size="4"]In the name of their peoples, the Governments representedat Monaco, have concluded the following Treaty: [/size]

[center][center][b][size="4"]Chapter One: [/size][/b][/center][/center]
[center][center][b][size="4"]DEFINING THE EXTENT AND LIMITS OF THE GREATER FRENCH REGION[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[size="3"]ARTICLE I. The High Contracting Parties, recognize the need for a unified French Region in interest of promoting French culture and to promote equal development for all members of this treaty.[/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE II. The High Contracting Parties, demarcate<insert border here> as the Greater French Region and all nations withinthis demarcation are eligible for membership to be a part of this Treaty. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE III. The High Contracting Parties, hereafter agree to be called states of the Greater French Region. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE IV. The Member States solemnly affirms the sovereignty of each independent state in Internal, Military and Foreign Affairsand shall not attempt to interfere in each other's affairs of these types. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE V. The Member States also affirm to refrain from espionage orother military activities against another Member State. [/size]

[size="3"]In the case of a dispute between two Member States a Court of Arbitration can be set up by the Member States of this treaty to solvethe dispute peacefully. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE VI. The Member States further agree if a Court of Arbitration is set up in accordance to ARTICLE V of this document than they will agree to follow the ruling taken by the court to solve the dispute. [/size]

[center][center][b][size="4"]Chapter Two:[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[center][center][b][size="4"]FORMATION OF THE GREATER FRENCH ECONOMIC ZONE[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[size="3"]ARTICLE VII. The Member States agree to form a Greater French Economic Zone. An Independent Body called the "Central Bank of France" shall control this Economic Zone. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE VIII. The Central Bank of France shall be set up to monitor and control the Economic Zone. The Central Bank of France shall be completely Independent of all Member States.[/size]

[size="3"]The Central Banks of the Member States shall join together to form this bank. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE IX. All Member States shall have one board member regardless of the size of the state.[/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE X. The Member States agree to adopt a common currency the "French Franc". The Central Bank of France shall control all policies in regards to the Common Currency. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XI. The Member States also agree to free trade without tariffs on all goods within this Economic Zone. Citizens of the Member States may start businesses in any Member State as long as they have the required clearance and follow the internal policies of that Member State. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XII. The Central Bank of France shall have no control over Member State Government budgets. The Governments of the States shall form their own national budgets independently of this treaty. [/size]

[center][center][b][size="4"]Chapter Three:[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[center][center][b][size="4"]GUIDELINES ON TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND FINAL PROVISIONS[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[size="3"]ARTICLE XIII. The Member States agree to remove any restrictions on travel of citizens between states. Visas or other documents shall not be required as long as the citizen is carrying their identity proof declaring them citizens of a Member State. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XIV. Citizens maybe stopped at border crossings by their own Government if the Citizen does not have prior travel permission from their Government. This permission must be stamped on all passports. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XV. The Member States agree to give this permission to only citizens of good standing and not to citizens who have criminal records. [/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XVI. If any Member State wishes to withdraw from this treaty they may do so with seventy-two hour notice.[/size]

[size="3"]ARTICLE XVII. A Withdrawing Member State may continue using the common currency if the Central Bank of France gives them permission. [/size]

[/quote]

[i]
[/i]
[i]OOC: [/i]So I got bored of the traditional CN treaty system and decided to do something different if you folks don't mind. This I believe is more detail :P. The name can be changed :P Also from tonight I'll be out of town till the 17th so I suggest you folks continue discussions and on the treaty while I'm away. When I return we'll move this into voting stage:p
[i]
[/i]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV